If the person you were in love with asked to marry you, but they wanted a prenuptial agreement, would you still marry them?

Let's say you met some, and a year later you were both still so deep I love you wanted to marry eachother. Let's also say that person wanted a prenuptial agreement, they had a lot of money and nice cars and stuff but didn't want to part from a lot of those items so they said I'll only marry if we get a prenuptial agreement. The prenuptial agreement would say that..

(Should you both settle on a divorce, you will happily exit the relationship with only the possessions you've entered it with.)

would you agree to get one and proceed with the marriage or would you no longer marry that person?

• I would still marry them.😊☺️
  • The wedding is off!😀

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd be bothered about it, for sure. And I'd voice my thoughts on it. I wouldn't necessarily call the wedding off tho.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, as long as both people only receive what they entered with and anything bought afterwards could either be shared or sold and the earnings split between the two. I want a pre-nup as well, after all.

• Yes of course, I plan on having one anyway lol.

• If he's planning our divorce then I would rather not marry him.. I'm not in this for a short run.. We will be dying together so yea... Well unless you cheat or beat

• It's difficult to vote for this question. It somewhat makes sense but some issues are difficult to just split between two. What if you have kids? What would happen to them?

I also don't really like the assumption that there may be a divorce. I try to look at the positive aspects.

• If I had a child and I divorced a woman, I would happily put up half the money to take care of my child but there's no way I would give a woman my house, my car, or half the money in my bank account... If she can't provide a suitable home for my child then full custody goes to me and she can lick him up for weekly visits... When my child is with me I'll gladly take him shopping for school supplies and clothes... But no woman will every get a marriage out of me without a prenup... Too many females lie and cheat and slot of them wi swear they need money for the kids, but in reality only 15 to 30% goes to the kids and they keep the rest for themselves. I can't speak for all women but I've seen enough to k ow slot of women lie and cheat some lie more than men... And liars will either get you hurt or killed

• I'm sorry to here that. Just take your time and fine someone you like. :) That's the best advice I can give.

• No rush lol thank you

• I'd likely still marry them, but we'd have to discuss some things. Like if I get custody of the kids, will I receive help financially with them? And if I spent any time as a stay at home mom, am I gonna have trouble getting a job now after my time off work? I was financially dependent on him while I devoted myself to our family and now I'm at a disadvantage. Like thinking about my parents - my mom stayed at home with us for 16 years, and if my dad had divorced her during that time, she would've been screwed.

Anyway, I have no problem with him leaving with what he entered with. But at the same time, I need to make sure I'm not gonna end up in a really bad position.

• Smart lady, if I were in that situation i'd be afraid of losing my house or my car or any of my other man toys.. but if you were my wife and we started a fsmily and I divorced you, I'd never leave you alone to raise our children without any support. Just as long as you don't try to walk out of the court room owning my house or my cars or take of of my bank account...

I'm really nice guy but I think if a woman put me in the dog house like that and walked away with all the things I've worked my whole life to Achieve, I might have her assisted...😐 like I understand she devoted half her body and half her life and precious time to me and my kids but sigh... There no way I'd start over from scratch... I'd be too old... I'd have to commit a crime to get. Money or take back what's mine and take her out first... I guess that's the law of survival... (And I'm not even a killer)

What Guys Said 5

• No. It's like saying, "I am kinda expecting this to fail..."

You should NEVER get married unless you are sure that you are sure and have dated in celibacy for year (s) hopefully. Then, you may have a good idea if the person is someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

• Like I said in the post, I had a 40 year old woman hit on me cuz she said she was tired of her husband and wanted to divorce him. She was married like 16 or 18 years already and had a 14 year old son and she's on GAG hittin on a 29 year old...

• Marriage has no garentee so it's better to expect the worst and hope for the best... For example. I may date woman, she may be the best thing is expect in a woman.. she's always sexy and smells good for me, she's intelligent and makes her own money... She tells sweet things and how much she loves me... But there's that one thing she does, she could be a liar and I can't break her from her pathological lying habit. I may not want to but chances are I'm gonna have to divorce her because lying gets people hurt or killed.

• They're a sensitive subject
    Prenups tend to say 2 things

If you reject a prenup, it'll tell the other that you expect money out of the relationship

If you propose a prenup, it'll tell the other that deep down, you value your stuff over them

Would I marry a girl who proposed a prenup? Absolutely. It tells me that she's independent, and not dependent on divorcing me to hit the jackpot

• Agreed 100%! On this comment. It's like proposing with a prenup is a sunlimal message saying (I love you but I don't trust you) but nowadays if you look at the statistics, so msny marriages fail based on lies and cheating that, you'd be a fool not to get a prenup... It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight

• I definitly would. I dont want to get rich of my ex i have enough pride to take care of myself and dont want things if i haven't earned them. And if you intend to stay together forever why would it even matter?

• Because slot if people intend to stay together forever but things don't work out. Someone starts lying and cheating or someone is simply annoyed by everything the other person does, even the little things, like leaving a window open or doing the dishes late at night ehe the other is trying to sleep. Soon you reach a breaking point and you can no longer come home to face that person anymore, you'd rather be somewhere else getting drunk or whatever people do In that type of situation...

• Damn bro... Sigh id be afraid to get a divorce with her if I were you... The odds are stacked against you seeing as how her father is an attorney... Sheesh!😨 that's like fight robot with a pellet gun lol

• I am not really all that fussed. Not even thinking about marriage yet. And we both want a prenup so there is not much he can do about it later. Plus he is a reasonable guy, he often complains about women asking way to much from their husbands and he won't even take them on as clients then. And he wouldn't be allowed to defend her, its mixed interrest. Legally he could but it would be bad for his reputation.

• Well, marriage is a contract so clauses being clear is a good thing.

• The idea of "til death do us part" is great. But it's not reality for most couplea. A pre-nup is like a gun or a condom... better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it. You can't fault somebody for wanting the same protection you should want for yourself.

• But females don't see it that way... They just assume you don't trust thrm or you have strong trust issues