Engaged but do not want to get married?

I ben with my fiancie for 2.5 years. We got engaged jan of 2015. We had a few fallin outs. We have made our way through them. She wants to get married but. It seems she wants me to plan it all and take care of everything. We both dont want a big one since we both been married and divorced. I was head over heels in love with her. But now it more I love and care bout her. But I dont want to get married. I dont want to go through the BS I went through b4. Are falling out we had pushed me away mentally. Not to the point i want out. But do not want to get married. Rather just be together without the paper work and BS! Any thoughts?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its very common to feel this way. I know that a part of me never wants to get married because of all the hassle that some people are capable of putting someone through. I would wait; awhile. I mean, I was with my ex for 10 years and thought I wanted to marry him up until around year five and then after that I really questioned everything. Don't get married just because she wants to. Make sure you are ready.

What Girls Said 4

• ... what the hell is the point of being engaged if u aren't gonna get married?
    don't let ur fear from the past ruin ur future with her. u r making a big mistake. i would be so mad if i find out my SO didn't want to marry me after putting a ring on it.

marriage is not BS. you are just scared. work up some courage and promise to love her forever.

• I do not have to get married to prove my love!! Have you ben married b4! Im letting you know right now it is NOT what you think. It is very hard. Your young most people your age are getting pregnant or getting married! Most if not all will be broke up by there mid 30's fyi. Ben there done that. But ty for your opinion!

• yeah but thats before. don't u trust ur current girl? we're not all the same..

• Yes i am not worried at all with her. Its the discconect we have had the past 6 months. If it gets bad like that again. I don't know if i will want to stay with her!!

• Tell her. Don't lead her on.

• It not like we gonna break up. Im future protecting myself

• talk to her and tell her that you want to wait to get married.

• Why would you propose marriage if you didn't want to get married? How selfish...

• Because at the time I did! Then after a year and some bad times im not sure anymore.

What Guys Said 4

• That doesn't make any sense why did you get engaged in the first place if you don't ever plan on marring her?

• If you get married, you can have children and be more committed to each other

• You're stupid idiot! Don't do it... she'll become your worst enemy in the years to come... there's a GOOD chance she'll leave you and take all your stuff & future kids... You will never be happy like most couples... instead spend your life being nagged to death... and she will pull you away from a few family members & friends as well. In any dispute you have with her, she will have all the social support and you will be the demon. You will even develop some kind of mental illness.

Avoid marriage and the sorrows that women cause.

• Wow bro!! Im sorry you been trashed n hurt!! But there is better women out there and not all of them are bad.

• Ya thats it i have a big fat pussy! An dont want any man to touch you hit it right on the head! W. t. f. e. douch bag!! she is a dam good woman but what scares me is what just happen for the past 6mo. I won't be sure if it happens again. That I will be ok like i am now. Like it will push me past the stay zone an want out!! Why the fuck am i explaining it to you. You obviously hate every woman out there so who cares

• there's nothing like a good woman... yes some women are better than others... but "even the most righteous woman has witchcraft" .. Women have always been hated.

Love marriage is a feminist affair... stay clear... there are good reasons and statistically FACTUAL realities of life today. If only you would stop looking through that feminist lens and wake up!

• I don't blame you for not wanting to get married, who would the way women behave these days, i mean their are awful

• Some are! She is a good girl. Very loyal also. She let stress get to her. And she brang it home and basically took it out on my for 6 months. We have gotten past this. When I completly shut down and told her. Im k8nda done with this shit. She quickly changed her ways and was and is still very sorry to me. But do I think that this will happen again? Oh yes I do!!.

• I want a easy way out if things get really bad. I do not want to be attached legally if that make sense

• I don't blame you well if you want out just bump her on the head.