Whats your opinion on married couples with roommates?

Do you think it's strange if a married couple has a roommate/roommates to help with cost of living?

Is it any less or more weird if they are roommates with another couple?

Most Helpful Guy

• No roomates. Married couples need their space and household.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not an ideal situation because you're never going to have complete privacy. I know money can be tight, so space is a sacrifice you have to make.

A better arrangement would be a landlord/tenant situation, with the tenant living in a basement apartment which has a separate entrance. You'd have to own your house to do that, though. The tenant's rent would help with mortgage payments.

What Guys Said 2

• I've been in this situation. My girlfriend and I lived together and a friend of mine shared an apartment with us.

It's far from ideal, but it can work if the rules are laid out in an honest and open way and everybody agrees with them.

• Yes, of course it is strange and it can cause problems in the lives of the married couple, if you can understand what I mean.

What Girls Said 2

• Honestly no I don't like the idea. I did it for a while with my parents and it was hard. We couldn't have a date night in as easily. Like for Valentine's day we would go out to eat instead of staying in. Now this year we had a choice and our friends wanted to do a double date so we said yes even though we had dinner cooking in the crockpot. We are having it for dinner tonight. I told my husband he could have it for lunch he said no I will have it for dinner tonight with you. Also it's nice to have your own space. Sharing a place is hard.

• Hey, man, sometimes money is really tight. Is it an ideal situation? No. Do you sometimes need to do what you need to do? Absolutely.