Does a baby make a marriage exciting again if the two are bored of each other?

If a baby can make a happy couple extremely happy then why can't a baby make an unhappy pair happy too?

I know a 30 year old couple who have been together for years but they both look so miserable...

And the girl is a ***** to me and my skinny sister... She looks us up and down with a filthy expression and pashed her boyfriend in front of me when we were standing in an elevator...

But they have a baby on the way... Will the baby make them happy?

Why do people say babies aren't a band-aid for a bad relationship? They bring joy and happiness no matter what!

Most Helpful Guy

• No, no, no. A baby will not nor ever repair a bad relationship that needs to end. All it does is make things more complicated. I would expect at your age you wouldn't be this stupid

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't easy being a parent, but it should be an insentive to get along so the baby grows up with two loving parents. Children need consistency and stability. They thrive on a safe, happy and secure environment. There's many challenges people face as a parent. So if two people aren't happy before a baby comes along then having a baby will drive them apart.

I love babies and children and I look forward to being a mother one day. That's why I am prepared to wait , because the only guy who I want a family with is someone who is family orientated and who loves me deeply. When I get married I want it to be for the rest of my life. I want to enjoy taking care of our grandchildren together.

What Guys Said 8

• Because after a child you don't sleep, for the next couple of years then their are many years more of raising the kid which adds stress, which if the relationship is already strained it can be the thing that breaks it.

• No. If anything, it will cause more problems. Having a kid is stressful, due to all the initial care involved. If you are having problems, a baby will create a larger division in the relationship. It takes a strong relationship to raise kids.

• A baby might make that wound deeper..

• I think a baby would just make a miserable couple more miserable... it's like, if you're not happy at work, would an extra 2 hours a day unpaid make you happier?

• Babies don't make or repair relationships, they put a lot of pressure on them. In fact children are among the biggest causes of breakups.
    Lack of sleep, a lot more work, added stress and with a relationship that's weak will only end one way...

• Nope. It never happens. Babies just eventually amplify the resentment.

• You know, sometimes I envy you married folks. You have the same person every day for over 30 years. You wake up, eat with her, sleep with her. Make love to the same woman. You spend every possible waking moment together, while I'm out running around with a bunch of 20-year-olds who only want a good time and cheap sex sex sex. Girls who can't say no. Girls who can't get enough. "More, more, more. It's your turn now to wear the handcuffs... "

• maybe you should go for a different kind of girl? Maybe more around your own age?

• @nalaa

• @nalaa why when girls aged 16-29 want to get with this. Why buy fruit that are over ripe when I pick the fruit from the branch?

• Yeah, that is a great idea. If a couple if having problems, encourage them to have a baby.

What Girls Said 13

• I've never understood that mentality. if u aren't happy with ur marriage, why use the baby as ur crutch?

ur supposed to find happiness together before bringing a child into the world.

• Happiness +Happiness= extra happiness.. The marriage is good, and a baby just emphasizes that.

Misery+Happiness = short term happiness. The baby creates a "distraction" from the couple's issues, but in reality will most likely emphasize their issues because now they have just added extra stress to their marriage with even more to fight about.

• it is possible but not necessary. i think if its just two people getting bored of each other, yeh, a baby could add new purpose and bonding to them. if they have a lot of butting heads and disagreements about errything and things of that sort, a baby may make it more complicated and it may be a bad environment for baby. but its also possible baby would make people settle differences too. its no one size fits all but best bet is people should always put their relationship on the forefront regular enough since its the foundation for the family

• it might, temporarily.
    But fact is babies are exhausting and stressful and cause for a lot of fights. After that initial glow is gone, all the original problems are still gonna be there and worse because now a baby is involved

• noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• OMG no... Babies do NOT fix a marriage and bringing one into a bad marriage is extremely irresponsible. What they are is a distraction. For a while everyone will focus on the baby and be happy, but trust me when the excitement calmed down that couple is going to fight even more and the kid's going to have to deal with the trauma of hearing them verbally or maybe even physically assault each other.

• No. The stress of a child will make things worse in your marriage instead of better.

• A baby will bring joy temporarily, but that's about it. As soon as reality sets in about the responsibility required to raise a child (it is not easy) that added stress will pull at the seams of the already weak bonds of the relationship.

• Lol, dang. You always post the same thing.

• NO. Not even close. If anything, a baby puts extra stress on a relationship. If they were miracle before, a baby won't fix anything.

• Babies are a 24/7 job, expensive, demanding and stressful... the bundle of joy moments can seem very few and far between for the first year maybe longer. Once you become parents you are no longer able to give each other the same attention.
    Definitely not the answer to mend a marriage.

• And they expose cracks in relationships with lightening speed.

• Depends,, Yes if they already married, No if outside marriage