How much do you plan to spend on your wedding? How much did you spend?

• we spent over 50,000
  • we spent over 25,000
  • we spent over 15,000
  • we spent under 10,000
  • will probably spend 50,000 and up
  • will probably spend between 20,000-50,000
  • will spend as little as possible

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm pretty lucky. If I ever get married, my grandparents have a lot of land perfect for a wedding. I have friends who are photographers, my uncle DJ's, my mom's cousin is a caterer, and since it's on my grandparents land, every year we rent chairs/tables for family reunions on the land, so the company already gives our family a discount... so overall cost is not going to be much and whatever it is will be heavily discounted. So it'll be the dress and the odds and ends. Even if I didn't know as many people as I did, I would rather elope then spend any significant amount of money on just one day like that. I've lived pretty practically my whole life, and when you start talking about 25 and 50 grand... I'd rather have a car or pay towards a house that you get to use everyday.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been to a few weddings and they were always beautiful as well as reasonably priced I could probably do it for a pretty decent price since my family actually owns a church, now it's not a huge church but it's a lovely chapel so that would save on having to rent one.

What Girls Said 18

• I want to spend as little as possible. But the guy I want to marry... his family is used to big parties so our wedding will probably be a huge affair.

If I had my way, I'd literally invite like 10 people and get married outside across the street of my house and then go eat pulled pork sandwiches lol

But it's looking like we might have to go traditional with the church and like 300+ people :/

lol so who knows!

• my man and i don't want a big, flashy, expensive wedding. we plan to spend as little as possible on the ceremony itself and use the extra money for the honeymoon instead... but i'm not even engaged (yet), so i'll cross that bridge when i get to it.

my sister spent less than $1000 on her wedding. she and her husband were married in a beautiful garden, with only family and a few close friends in attendance~ the reception was at our place, where i and some other relatives prepared the hors d'oeuvres; the best man paid for the sandwiches they'd ordered from the caterer, so their only expenses were her dress, his tux rental, flowers, the minister, and the venue rental (which came to around $400, when all was said and done).

a wedding doesn't have to be expensive to be beautiful and memorable.

• I've been adding up the prices of this and that. We'd have about 250 guests. So $6000 on food. Plus, $1500 for both the bride and grooms cake. $1600 for the wedding dress. $500 for the tux. $1000 for the ensemble band. $3000 for both rings. Like $8000 for the honeymoon I guess. And after adding the venue, tent, and furniture, we're probably looking around $25,000. But I'll figure something out because I didn't want to spend over $18,000

• I hopefully want to spend enough to please my parents but not enough to put us in debt for the rest of our lives.

• I want to spend as little as possible because it's not the wedding that's important but the person you're marrying.
    But unfortunately the average wedding cost in Sydney is more or less $70000. This makes it impossible for us to go below $50000 but if it wasn't for that we'd invite maybe 30 people or so including family and have it very personal.

• We spent over 30g on the venue dresses suites cars food booze hotel.. and maybe another 10g on honeymoon to austalia and wet sundays

• 0 since I won't get married lol

• I will probably not spend a great deal - because it's all just for show anyways.

• Hmmm.. Confession time I guess.. With everything including the honeymoon it was very close to £100k.

• I spent 5000 on mine for everything (church, hall (buffet and domestic bar) , dress, tux, flowers, invites, center pieces, bridal party gifts). We will be celebrating 9 years married this year.

• We spent $22,000. But that covered everything from the dress, food, entertainment, bar, and honeymoon.

• people in my family tend to spend around 100k+ on weddings.

• I wanna spend as little as possible from $100-$5000

• In Saudi Arabia we spend over 50k $

• The much my family and his family can

• My classmate's oldest sibling got married with all the bells and whistles of a traditional Western wedding. The next oldest sibling had a wedding that was much simpler and cheaper. My classmate predicted that his own future wedding would probably be a quick sign of the marriage license based on how it went for his older siblings. LOL.

I'm the only child, so I predict I'll have a fancy wedding. That is IF I get married. I doubt I ever will...

• i regret spending so much. It was the best day of my life but only one day I could have put a down payment on a house I would never spend the kind of money I did if I had another chance to make that choice

• Will spend as little as possible...

... because I don't plan on getting married. I want a life partner, but don't need to get married. If the guy insists we get married and I really love him, then we can just go to the courthouse. I'll wear a cute white dress and he can dress nicely.

What Guys Said 18

• If I got married, a hundred bucks. Any of those amounts listed are absurd. That's just throwing away money that could be used for much more important things.

• $45,000.

Photographer - $7,000
    Wedding coordinator, flowers, photobooth and DJ - $2,000
    Wedding ceremony and venue - $1,500
    Wedding reception and food - $20,000
    Alcohol bill - $5,100
    Wedding dress and tux - $1500
    Engagement ring - $9,000

• we spent between 12-15k all told for venue, booze, dress, tux, catering, equipment, dj, etc.

• If I remarry, we will spend as little as possible. No church (I'm an atheist, so that's a given), no elaborate ceremony, just a judge or notary public and any required witnesses and close family members. We'll use the saved money to take a honeymoon, pay off bills, or put into savings.

• I'd say 2000 tops.. and that includes the dresses, and paying the legal stuff and the taxes that are needed, plus some drinks and snacks with the family...

Who am I kidding, I'd probably do it under 1000 :P

• To be honest, it depends on how much I (and my fiance) make in terms of income. There's no way I would pay so much money just to get married. If my fiance was okay with it, I'd just go to the courthouse and get married there to save a hell of a lot of money.

• Depends on her. I am a cheap bastard.

• getting married with lic. 35.00
    reception 200.00
    and married over 20 years

• From 1,000.000,000$ to 2,750,000,000$
    I want the cake to be perfect, the minions well lined, the mists and an expensive piano player as well as every villain.

• as little as possible

• H.
    I'm never getting married. :D

• Depends on who is paying for it.

• I dont get spending an astronomical amount on a wedding and getting a divorce 10-20 years later

• I'm not spending a dime

• most weddings cost over 25,000$ +

• Spend as much as we need to

• Hoe do you define need for a wedding?

• So then...$0? Cause you don't "need" to get married.

• @tyrantfuryre Not quite what i mean, you can get married but the ceremony isn't actually a legal requirement

• None. I never plan on getting married. MGTOW

• as much as i can.