Christian WOMAN and Muslim MAN together?

My boyfriend is muslim and I am christian we're in a serious relationship, he mentioned a few things and that he wants to get married in a year. Which got me thinking, if he proposed to me how would he go about that since he's muslim. Also how can we even get married since we are two different religions? Help?

Most Helpful Guy

• Islam accepts the marriage between a Muslim man and a Christian woman. The Bible says:
    1 Corinthians 7:12-16
    To the rest I say (I, not the Lord) that if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him.
    www.biblegateway.com/.../

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol he's not going to marry you, he's stringing you along for sex until his family set him uo with a virgin. How much do you actually know about Muslim culture and their views on a woman's role in society? Do you realise how muslim men view western women?

What Guys Said 12

• As far as I know, in Islam it doesn't matter what the female's religion is. So, a Muslim male can marry any female but a Muslim female must only marry a Muslim male. The children have to be Muslims though. So don't worry about him marrying from a different religion, it's mostly acceptable.

• What is a women's role in s muslim household?

• @BelleGirl21 See? No need to be cautious around me... ;)

I'm just kidding... LOL.

• Oh lol I've never been cautious with you cutie! 😊

• Muslims and Christians share the same values: love and peace. It's not like your marring a mongol pagan.

• If this marriage is going to force you to convert I say run while you can. I wish I can say that I have nothing against Islam, but anything and anyone that tries controlling how I live just gets me riled up and ready to shoot someone... Oh wait...

• There are probably conversion issues or maybe you would be happy with a secular arrangement.

• Use a judge.

• Nope. Two different strokes for different folks.

• Would you ever consider converting?

• You do realize you both believe in the same God, right?

• You can marry him normally you can marry him without converting

• Love is love, religion is no exception.

• It's fine as long as he doesn't want you to convert.

• Muslims can marry Christians

What Girls Said 5

• Hmm, it can work, I mean look at my old crush and his girlfriend lol.
    Of course, they;re in no position of talking about marriage yet
    That's the part where it gets complicated, because it really depends on your mindset, whether he would be okay with doing a double religion wedding (but it would probably be just civil, religious is hard to do usually), so no one's converting, or whether you do just a court marriage (civil), or whether he wants you to convert (which might be possible, usually women convert to the man's religion if he's a muslim)

• As a fellow christian, I would suggest finding someone of you're own faith, but I think marrying another religion should be okay..

I strongly believe that if you have no intentions of changing him to a christian, then you probably aren't going to get along well in the future.

You're entire life as a christian should be surrounded around god (but we all know that we fall short, that's why we have Jesus Christ ;)), so someone is around you 24/7 that isn't for God, are you sure you want to be in that position?

Something to think about for sure.

• Don't worry, U could say 2 Abrahamic religion are marrying

• court marriage is the bst option

• Oh no, been there done that... everything was fine until we started talking marriage and then he went from controlling what I could wear, to what i eat, TV, no talking to other guys... worst part was he said our kids would be brought up Muslim, no discussion. So, that was the final straw for me. I just couldn't raise my kids to be Muslim it would be like my Christian soul being squeezed every second :(

• I get that because I love him but if we ever had kids i could never deal with raising the girls as muslims wearing the hi jab and there mother is christian. I have best friends who are muslim but i don't know what to do when it comes to our future and children. I recently had a pregnancy scare as well.

• I understand... same here and that's what made me realize it wasn't going to work out. He also started getting physically abusive a little bit (like squeezing my hand too hard), which I can only assume was the frustration of not having sex and his older brother influence... so when I made my decision he actually scared me, wouldn't let me leave and when my sis rescued me I never looked back. I was in such a state of confusion with him, but I never once regretted leaving him. I don't miss him either.

• Muslim men are very accepting of a women if she is Christian and doesn't want to convert as long as she does whats she's told and understands her place in the household but the kids have to be raised 100% Muslim. On the surface it seems as though they are enlightened when it comes to religion but when you get down to it at best they see western women as whores not fit to marry or a worst they see western women as breeding cattle. They will lie to you at the start and seem like good guys but once your married your their property to be ruled and dominated.