Have you tried Windows 10 yet? Do you recommend it?

I have being using W7 for a few years now and I like it, but I keep getting pop ups in the sidebar suggesting that I install W10. Is it worth using? Also, I notice my computer is acting a lot more janky since W10 came out. How clever, Microsoft.

What the..."Marriage and Weddings"? Nope.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm planning to install it when I know that all of my programs are compatible. Right now, some of them are not. I faced that problem with Windows 8 too

What Guys Said 9

• I just bought a new computer so it automatically had Windows 10. If you got 7 you might as well keep it. 10 isn't better, but it isn't worst either. Though I don't like all the damn notifications they send me. I'm sure there's some way to turn that off though.

I do think it's better than windows 8 by far. It's basically a slightly updated version of 7.

• Well it's better than 8. But it's still got some bugs. At least in my case. I would wait till they fix some things first

• I've advised my customers to hold off on the upgrade until summer. I've had a few residential customers upgrade on their own and had driver issues requiring them to roll back to Win7. I hope Micro$oft will get things right by 7/29/2016.

• Great advice - All I've heard is driver issues, incompatibilities with certain programs and even some program files disappearing.

• I highly advise you not to switch to Windows 10 and stick with Windows 7. If you want, I can show you how to get rid of these pop-ups so you wouldn't see them again.

• How do you do that?

• Follow these steps:
      1) Click on the start menu and on the search bar type "Control Panel" without quotes.
      2) Click the the Control Panel search result.
      3) On the top right, type "Uninstall a program" and click the result that pops up.
      4) On the left side, you'll see "View installed updates", click it.
      5) In the search bar on the top copy & paste each one of these individually, "KB3035583", "KB2952664", "KB3021917", "KB3035583" and "KB2976978".
      5) When you paste each one of them, if the update is there it will show up.
      6) If it does show up, right click it and select Uninstall. Do this for each one of them.
      7) Once you're done with them, go back to the control panel and search for "Windows Update" and click the result.
      8) Click "Check for Updates" on the left.
      9) The updates that you deleted will show up on the list again. If any of the updates have any of the KB values I mentioned above, right click them and select "Hide Update".

• Let me know after you do all of this. You'll still see the notification, don't freak out. In the second part we will delete the actual program that was installed. After you do this too, the last part will be to delete the files that were downloaded on your computer to upgrade to Windows 10.

• No. I do not. It sucks.

• HAHA That's all I need to know. Thanks!

• Oh hell no. I can barely play Sims 3 on high with my shitty Toshiba stock graphics card. I do hear a lot about incompatibility, though. Someone below said wait til about Summer, but I'll stick with 7.

• That's an excellent idea indeed.

• It annoys me every day, stay with Win 7 if you don't need DX12.

• Windows 10 is the best version of Windows. But then again it depends on your PC. I built my own PC, so everything runs smoothly for me. I don't have the strongest/fastest PC, but it's definitely better than what most people use on this planet.

• My laptop is a 5 year old Toshiba. It gets the job done, I suppose :p How is 10 best, though? Just because it's the latest or?

• @Killer-Queen It runs really well for me. However, I don't think you'll notice the difference with your Toshiba.

@jacquesvol You can revert to Windows 7 if you upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7.

• Windows 10 is awesome!

• Some compatibility and performance issues. Mostly just matters if you're gaming.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm on windows 10 right now and honestly don't see much issue with it. I agreed to update to it unknowingly, when my boyfriend told me I should've stayed with windows 8 after the fact.

It's been 2 months and I have yet to experience any issues that would justify all the apparent hate windows 10 was/is still getting.

• I like it better. But I don't use it to play games anymore, just do basic stuff. I think it's soooooooo much better than 8. Kinda like a mix of 7 and 8.1. You can upgrade for free as well, so that got my attention.

• Oh goodness, I hated 8.1 so much. I told my sister I'd repair her new laptop that she abandoned (it needed well over 130 + updates to where the internet connection was like NOPE). Not only did that take a lot of work alone, I had to learn how to navigate at the same time. That was exhausting D:

• I think it loads everything slower... Zzzz