What age do you think is appropriate to get engaged?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Not before your mid twenties.
    Read what this study says about decision making, impulse control and risk management:
    At What Age Is The Brain Fully Developed? : mentalhealthdaily.com/.../

• 18 years old

• Def after u got education to reach ur dreams. After 25 and aftwr you meet someone and do some traveling first.

Basically be a capable individual first in more ways

• 25, anything before that is too soon. Your still growing, learning, experiencing and figuring out what you're doing in life. By 25 you pretty much have that all figured out.

• 69 lol

• Age doesn't have anything to do with it.

• I say mid twenties, because you are going to change a lot in the next 8 years or so.

• You should be at least 18

But I'd say anywhere from

24 to 30

• 34-35

• Never

What Girls Said 9

• Whenever you want.. there are always legalities as to when you can actually get married but its up to you if you want to be engaged for that long until you are legally allowed to. Personally I would wait till my early 20s. I only got engaged Christmas 2014, I was 25. I was impatient and wantsd to get engaged but that is after 7 years of being together and having 2 kids together. You have a long life ahead of you. Just be realistic if you think it will last and are willing to wait to get married then go for it.

• I'd be cool with getting engaged at this age as long as the wedding wasn't until mid twenties, seeing as engagements can go on for a long time.

• from 17 and up.

• when you are an adult and in love... not a teenager

• Teenagers fall in love too

• yes I know. I am in love as well. but that does not mean that I should be making the decision to get married at my age

• Whenever you and your partner are ready. No age can determine when someone is ready. There is a such thing as too young though? I'd say not before 18

• depends on a lot. personally I'd like to get engaged around 23-24

• For me it would be 25 or 26? Each person has their own idea of an appropriate age!

• I'm going to ask her when we turn 20, if she doesn't ask me first. I hope she asks me first😊

• Mid 20's. Or at least after you're out of school (college included in that category) and have a good job established.