Is a backyard BBQ wedding reception tacky?

My brother and his wife got married in the Bahamas last month. They came back to Edmonton last week. They are both very private people and want a small intimate reception.

Most Helpful Guy

• You brother and his wife married in the Bahamas because they wanted someplace special for their wedding. some people want to include close friends for the ceremony, but your brother and his wife wanted a private wedding, but a celebration with close friends in the form of a BBQ reception. It sounds like they put a lot of thought into having the wedding performed and celebrated.

there was nothing tacky about this reception.

Most Helpful Girl

• A BBQ Reception sounds awesome! Nice for family and close friends to enjoy their time.

Definitely not tacky. My cousin and his wife had a buck and doe, but instead it was a pig roast. Kind of a similar thing, but it was definitely not tacky.

As far as receptions go, if you think they will like the BBQ reception idea, then I say go for it! It can be really nice for family and friends because a small reception can be more relaxed.

• true.. my mom is worried that people will think we are cheap lol

• BBQ's are not cheap at all! I think it's a really great idea! :) I'm sure they will love it!

What Guys Said 6

• it depends on the backyard

• Hell no. The best receptions I've ever been too were casual ones.

• No, sounds pretty funky - you can decorate the place and make it fun!!

• It's about them, not everyone else. I like the idea, even though my fiance shot the idea down. Lol

• Nope, it's not tacky, they just don't want to waste money on some big stupid reception.

• Yepp. But that's what they want and who cares what other people might or might not think

What Girls Said 3

• yes it is

• yeah guess you are right

• Nope, they sound like a couple with their priorities straight.

• Umm no. I had one and people said it was one of the best receptions ever I have a gorgeous backyard but I don't see anything wrong with it either way that's what decor is for.