Would you marry someone who has been divorced?

Personally I wouldn't because having been married once before and sworn to be together forever and for them to be your one and only - that devalues any subsequent promises of that nature. As some may know I'm not crazy sold on marriage anyway, but I certainly wouldn't marry someone who has already done it.

What are your thoughts...

• Yes I would marry someone who has been married before...
  • No I would not...
  • I may consider it if I met the right person...
  • I don't plan on ever getting married so this is a moot point...
  • I hate you, I hate your question now show me the answers...

Most Helpful Guy

• well i wouldn't want to marry someone that i didn't want to spend the rest of my life with, so if i got to that stage with someone i would like to think that this was a one time connection for both of us. but things don't always work out so neatly, if i was asked if i wanted to marry my first fancy in school, then i would have said yes i'll love her forever, but that was just naive and silly.. so yes, if i truly loved the person and felt in a more mature way that it would last then i would marry the person i loved even if they had previously married.
    surly it would be the first marriage that was misguided, but what's the point in judging the person you love and want to spend the rest of your life with for the mistakes of the past..

• What's the point in marriage if you can just get divorced?

• well if you don't trust them, then no, don't get married.
      but everyone's make mistakes, some bigger than others, so if you do love them and trust them , then i don't think you should just assume that to be false because of the mistakes of the past.

• Has nothing to do with trust.

Most Helpful Girl

• I DONT WANT TO GET MARRIED IN MY LIFEEEEEE, BRUHHH.

What Guys Said 8

• It is my opinion that marriage should be one time. But sometimes things don;t go the way we expect, even if we try as hard as we can. If she had entered a marriage with the intent of making it last forever, but her husband later showed that he did not feel the same, and ruined the marriage beyond repair, that does not mean she is in the wrong. If I had met someone who had been in that circumstance, and we loved each other, then I could marry her.

• There are legitimate reasons for divorce, and a person who is divorced might not have been the one who filed for it, but rather would have tried to work things out.
    So yes, I would, if I felt they could be serious and mature about a relationship.

• Sure, it's not because her previous marriage has gone wrong that she's not a good person.
    Even if the divorce was her fault, I'd still apply the expression "we all make mistakes" :D

• I only live in the now, never the past. So, yes

• I would not because that's against my beliefs.

• Fuck marriage...

• Nah, second marriages are at an even higher risk to end than first ones.

• I don't think there is a problem to get a person marry who is divorced

What Girls Said 8

• I'd consider it. But it really depends on why they divorced.

If he divorced her because she cheated then thats understandable. But if she cheated because he never showed her any attention, then I wouldn't want him because he may not show me any attention also.

If they spiritually divorced because she died, then I would have to make sure he was ready to move on. I can't marry him if he only wants me because I "remind him of her".

If they divorced because she went to jail, then I'll pass because that crazy hoe may break out and come after me!! #KillTheCompetition

And if they divorced because they just got tired of eachother, then I definitely wouldn't want him. Its like "Oh so you just given up now cause you TIRED and shit?" Uh Uh, it dont work like that.

• as long as the ex is no longer in the picture, s/he has no feelings for that person, and there are no kids involved, i see no reason i couldn't.

true, a broken marriage doesn't make someone a bad person. but i don't think i'd marry anyone who's not the guy i'm with now (before meeting him, i had no intention of ever being married).

• I'm married to someone who has been divorced before. Normally the thought of being with a divorcee is generally dissatisfactory, but his case was beyond understadable. Long story short- she was a horrible unfaithful person who couldn't make it through even his first deployment without getting another man's dick wet and ruining everything. I also found the thought of marriage unfitting until just a couple of years ago. Really, the only reason we got married is because we didn't want our military lifestyles to tear us apart and marriage is a devoted couple's only way to combat that.

• Yes. If they get seperated like two civils Why not. People don't get married to separate. It happens.

• Yes if she has passed away or the divorce happened due to valid reasons.

I would say no if he stop has strong feelings for his first one, esp to the point does not have much (heart) for me.

And of course the kids count as well. Their age mostly.

I would be fine if it's a baby or a toddler.

• If I met the right person I would, they second loves are the best , a few of my friends remarried men who were divorcees too and they are the happiest couples I know. I guess you learn from your mistakes..

• I don't know. I prefer to be his first and last

• No, I would not. It's too much problem