Would you marry out of desperation when middle aged? If so how old would you have to be to consider it?

Not like just a stranger you could still have dated them but someone you wouldn't usually go as far as marriage with.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not. I've learned to enjoy my own company, so why settle? I am not lonely. It's all or nothing with me and making someone else miserable because I wouldn't be truly happy with them is a recipe for disaster.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is middle-age linked with desperation in matters of the heart? The fact is, when I began dating again at the age of 50 after a divorce, I was literally inundated with requests from woman to date. I could realistically have dated a new woman every weekend for the rest of my life. And at least 60 percent of the woman who approached me were very attractive at every level (on the surface, anyway). For giggles, I would peruse the profiles of available women and purposely ask out the most drop-dead beautiful women I could find, and was only very rarely refused. Just sayin!

What Girls Said 4

• Never! I would only marry someone who i loved , and genuinely wanted to spend my life with. I wouldn't settle for just anyone. I would rather search my whole life for my
    soul-mate and never find him... than just settle for anyone for the sake of being married.

• LMFAO no.

• Nah I refuse to marry out of desperation. I'd just focus on my career and adoption

• Yes. When I'm 25, this year, whoever asks me out, or asks to marry me, I'll agree. Male or female.

What Guys Said 4

• I think I would have to pass.

Unless, maybe somehow we both are clearly in it temporarily for the matter of convenience and treating it only as a business transaction with a short term contract that is reasonably fair enough for both parties and that both agree to split and move on with our lives separately once the obligations of this business contract has expired so it does not end horrible for either of us.

And I would NEVER EVER enter a Marriage of Convenience all just because somebody wanted to cheat the Immigration system.

I'd Only go through with it with someone that is already a citizen and that we'd enter a clear short term contract all in order to help take advantage of certain things provided by a flawed system to help us or maybe to buy some time and shut someone up from gossiping negatively about our relationship statuses of still being single. Such as annoying shit like that coming from co-workers, "friends", and "family" or relatives.

• I'm not talking about marriage to a immigrant trying to stay in the country, I'm talking about a marriage to an American citizen that you might normally go as far as marriage with, because your old and want someone to spend the rest of your life with.

• No I'm asking about marriage between two people who are born in what ever country they live in. Immigration has nothing to do with my question. Assume both people in said marriage were born in the United States.

• That's what I was trying to clear up and explian. It would be ony a fake marriage with some other person that IS ALREADY a citizen, in my case it woul be in the states.

We'd make it a business transaction contract kind of deal, and short term for up to 5 years if there are really benefits we can take advantage of and worth the trouble of it.

Now I don't recall how the system would treat this, but it's known to be illegal if used as a method to aid an immigrant to get a green card, etc.

But in this case we'd both already be citizens in a fake marriage or marriage of convenience kind of situation, so I don't really know. If it works and if we would NOT get into any kind of serious legal trouble then I'd go for up to 15 years. Though if I remembered correctly "married" people with NO kids would have to pay more taxes than Single people with NO kids or something, so I'm not too sure exactly how much it would actually help with our retirement as that would be the main goal.

• That is a very difficult question and I feel you, I really do. But you cannot through you life into somebody's hands just because you are "running out of time" Try to find somebody who will like you for who you are, maybe you have to lower your standards a little, but DO NOT go all the way down. without chemistry and some physical attraction, you will be so miserable that you would wish you were single and never married anyone in the first place.

• I advise anyone marrying in desperation to ask themselves what they are marrying for. Dating in desperation to get a fuck is fair enough, getting married in desperation is a very stupid idea indeed.

• think so; many of the guys I've worked with over the summers have been quite frank in admitting they accepted a girl and got into a live-in relationship because otherwise they thought they were going to be alone forever. I think that the girls must have thought so too, although they never talked about that.

The age where one seems to become desperate for a relationship (or marriage as you stated) is about 35 years old