Could you marry a girl/guy who can't have children?

I surely would, that would be the perfect partner

• Yes, we could adopt
  • No, I want kids
  • Yes, I don't wanna have kids
  • No, I wouldn't adopt because I prefer having them my own

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 36

• Only Hypothetically, I'd go with Option C.

There would still be No guarantees that our marriage would last till the last days of our lives though.

But if we'd ever change our minds and had decided that we want to call it quits, then it would not fuck up someone else's lives or outlook of having to look at their parents constantly fighting and going through a hellish divorce.

Neither of us would end up in a situation where we may end up a single parent having the custody of kids.

I think splitting up and moving on and completely starting over is really much more difficult once children are involved.

• I'm starting to think it's better to marry temporarily to test the waters and take advantage of the benefits for up to like 5 years or something. Then if things did not really work out and would be more trouble than it's worth, split up and go separate ways. Marriage of Convenience basically but both parties must be already legaluzed citizens for this to work without any legal ramifications, or at least so I think as of now.

• No sex, no love, no wedding and/or honeymoon unless somehow the law requires the last 2 for Any reason at all, it's marriage just on paper only with the end goal of temporarily taking advantage of any benefits given to someone that is "married" legally.

• No. I want kids of my own, I don't wanna adopt.

• I wouldn't mind that, as long as she's open to adopt. If not, then it's a deal breaker.

• You needed another answer: Yes, I can accept that I will not have kids.

That's my answer. I married a woman who had a hysterectomy in 1984.

• Given my age, I don't want kids anymore. Thus...

• Sure I could but only if we could adopt or use a surrogate or something like that, not having kids at all is a deal breaker for me a pretty major one.

• That would be ideal for me.

• I would want to give these alpha genes to someone so...

• in my case i definitely would as i already have a son from a previous marriage.
    but still if i didn't have a son i would marry her if she agrees to adopt.

• No I want kids of my own.
    Maybe I'd adopt after but my own biological kids are the second reason for marriage (the first being love and sex).

• Same here I don't wanna have kids.. Will prefer if she is infertile

• Dunno, need to be in love to decide.

• Yes I could

• I would adopt, but I wouldn't be happy.
    I mean, she would have to be a pretty damn amazing person to...
    Oh, who am I kidding, I'm a desperate bastard.

• Sure! Adoption and shtuff!

• that is a deal breaker for me

• sure if i love her then its be an easy thing not to have

• I think so.

• yes we can adopt

• Most definitely. I'm not looking to have kids. I don't have any and so far that has been a blessing.

• i want a mini me some day

• Yeah, I don't care much about having children.

• Hell yeah. Dont want kids, so that takes away any chance of being pressured.

• the future of humanity is fucked up for sure...

• Fuck kids tbh.

• A or C. I don't know.

• Yes most definitely

• Wouldn't mind.

• Sounds great to me. No expensive accidents.

• Yes adoption is an option
    or like my idea no kids at all

• More from Guys
    6

What Girls Said 22

• Well I love my boyfriend very much and we plan on marrying and having a family. Hearing that one of us would not be able to have children would most certainly be devastating. However, that wouldn't stop me from marrying him. Things that happen all serve a purpose and after careful thought we could then decide if adopting or not adopting is the best option for us. I wouldn't mind having adopted children, especially since having a family is so important to the both of us.

• I'd still marrying him esp the guy I'm crazy about. I would be sad we can't have our own, very fucking sad indeed, but I wouldn't leave him for it, that is petty and unlike me through thick and thin here. Sometime's you make sacrifices for love. This just means I'll adopt a crap load of kid's... Or invest in some type of way to invwnt a treatment that allow's him to produce kid's lol I can still dream right? I wouldn't want someone to leave me for this same reason it's so wrong. If someone did they didn't care about u as much as u thought, because as the saying goes"Love make's you do crazy thing's" even marry a guy who can't impregnate u lol

• Absolutely. We'd adopt if he wanted to, just like I would give my husband a child if he wanted one, but I personally, don't need to have a child to feel I have a happy life.

• Heck yes! Where can I sign up?

• I clicked the "yes we could adopt" button but its a little more complex than that. I'm neutral about children. If I end up with someone that wants children and the time is right then it will most likely happen. However, if the time isn't right, or my partner doesn't want them then that is okay too. I've never really wanted to adopt a child if I couldn't have kids but If I loved my partner and their heart was set on having a child and that was our only option then I would do with for them.

• As long as they were open to trying for adoption, there's no problem.

• When I asked about the issue of not having kids and whether that would be problematic for a partner, all the answers I got made me feel like having kids is the best thing one can do with their lives and I was going to be dumped instantly and rightfully so, if I consider not having any. I'm surprised to see such understanding over here.

• i voted c~ no kids for me, now or ever.

• Even though that I am more career-oriented and I want to settle down in my 30s I would prefer someone with whom I had children.

• Yes, I could. I'm not sure about having kids. I go back and forth on the topic.

• I want to adopt anyway.

• I definitely could because I already have2 kids and would love to adopt more if he wanted to.

• Yes I would

• Yessssssssssss please.

• It would make me very very sad if we can't have kids together but I would LOVE the chance to raise a child together through adoption if I could.

• I prefer not
    most prob I won t

• Knowing they can't have kids before we marry or while we are dating? I want children biologically if I ever have any so I honestly don't know I'd have to be in that predicament and it all depends on what kind of person I am during that time.

• Yes, we'd figure it out together. We'd either decide to go without or adopt or foster.

• No way, I love children and absolutely want to have one or more.

• Yep, but we wouldn't need to adopt just for that.

We will adopt if we really do want to.

• i don't think I want any children

• Nooo I want kids