What the ideal age to get married?

Just give a number. I'm just doing a survey

Most Helpful Girl

• It varies for different people. Personally for me, I do not want to get married any earlier than 28. I am having so much fun living my life as a non-married person who doesn't have to build my life around someone's individual needs and desires. Marriage comes with a level of commitment and responsibility that I find to be smothering at this time in my life. I love them to death, but some of my married friends are SO BORING! MY GAWD. They aren't as freely wild, goofy, and fun anymore because they feel like they have to fit this picture perfect wife mold. Or they act like they can't do any social activity without their spouse. If something is going wrong then they are constantly miserable and negative because they live with the person and can't take a break from the issue. It's just... nah. I like my freedom lol

• I feel you on that.

• @Asker Lol

@Under_The_Sun I have met very few married couples who are still fun and not boring as hell. Most of them act like they can't have a social life without their spouse or just become really dry and predictable/construct their identity around being a spouse.

• Thanks for mho :)

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 2

• The ideal time for me is when i meet a guy who makes me question why i ever thought i could be happier and better off being single.

I think people need to pursue their career first and have a stable life before contemplating marriage. If marriage comes first then they could eventually resent the person they married , because as they get older they will probably look back on what they missed out on, and how they could have a had a happier, more enriched life & secure family life. So they'd compare what "is" to "what could have been"

• Ideally? When you've gotten college out of the way if you go and you have a good solid job established.

What Guys Said 4

• Really comes down to if they even really want to married and why they want to marry in the first place. Marriages that occurred earlier in the early 20s for both parties have a greater chance of ending in a divorce if I remember correctly from reading research data and statistics.

Therefore for marriages that are more stable for both parties then I would expect it to be around the mid or late 30s or early 40s, but it's always going to be different for everyone because everyone's situation is different.

If children is something women must have, then they will probably have to consider the biological clock and try to get married by their mid 30s or late 30s. Otherwise, they would have to get their eggs frozen and preserved for later use or something if I remembered correctly such as if and when they want to get pregnant later in their 40s or 50s.

Otherwise, if children is not something either party wants they can delay till late 40s, or when they are in their 50s or by retirement years, there really is no need to rush if that is the case, since the whole biological clock thing becomes redundant to them at least coming from my perception on that situation.

• 25 I think

• Thanks for answering the question correctly. People keep saying when and not what age.

• I think it's related to age , and by which I think is 25

• Never.

• When you have stable job.
    When you have a good home in a good neighbourhood.
    When you earn enough to feed and satisfy needs of at least 4 person on your own. Doesn't matter whether you want kids or not.
    When you are sure that you love your partner and your partner really loves you back.

• Ok what age is that

• @JudgmentDay I'm just asking for a number. I'm just trying to do a survey for my school.

• Considering most of cultures and economical background & taking average... I would say late 20s to early 30s is ideal age.
      *Note: From the people I know and what I saw/observed over my life.