People like my family, girlfriend, and my friends are pressuring me to be married. But I don't want to for the following reasons (based on Reddit and some of my married friends' lives)
1. Boring sex life
2. Too damn expensive
3. Women never want to sign pre-nups
4. Women divorce and cheat a lot more
5. Women are gold diggers
6. The courts and government will be up your ass if you have kids
8. Child support and custody
9. We work our asses off and the woman doesn't do shit
10. No freedom to do your hobbies or drink or hang out with your friends
11. Being yelled at when you spend time with a female friend
12. But being forced to be ok with your wife hang out with her male friend.
13. And watch her cheat on you
14. And take your house, car, kids, Xbox, and friends when divorcing
15. Not sure if you'll love each other forever.
16. Expensive ass rings
18. If the woman cheats and divorces, the man will still pay child support and alimony.
19. Verbal and physical abuse from your spouse.
20. Also, if a woman hits a man, she gets away, but a man will go to jail if he hits a woman.
21. No more random vacations or dates.
22. Even if she gets pregant my another man, you still take care of the child.
Most Helpful Girl
is it bad? no. i don't want kids and, until i met my man, i had no intention of being married either.
that said, all of these are generalizations, and you're obviously resentful toward women (a recent bad breakup, perhaps?). allow me to rewrite your list:
1. your sex life won't be boring unless you make it that way;
2. if you want something enough, it's worth the cost; if not, don't.
3. are you kidding me? at the rate men leave their wives for someone younger and hotter, prenups just make sense.
4. in my experience, men are more likely to cheat~ i come from a family that's 95% female, as all of the men cheated and then left their wives and kids for someone else. they didn't want the responsibility.
5. if all 100 of them are gold diggers, you need to change the type of woman you date.
6. assuming you even give a shit about the kids (since most men assume no responsibility whatsoever and just leave the woman with the kids).
7. spousal support
8. child support (as is expected of the non-custodial parent in all scenarios) and custody (well no shit, they're half yours).
9. you obviously have terrible taste in women.
10. see #9
11. lots of men assume that, if a woman has guy friends, she must be banging all of them.
12. but men can hang out with attractive women and that's totally ok.
13. and he ultimately cheats on her.
14. unless you cheated on her, i doubt it.
15. then why the fuck are you getting married?
16. most women don't care about the specifics of the ring, just that it comes from you.
17. If a man cheats, he is an asshole. If a woman cheats, she's still an asshole; when your partner cheats in general, it's because the relationship is abusive or missing something.
18. If the woman cheats and divorces, the man will still pay child support (as he should, since he is their father) and alimony (the non-custodial parent is always expected to do this, at least where i live).
19. men do this too, and at a way higher rate.
20. physical violence is not an acceptable response from either gender.
21. No more random vacations or dates if kids are in the picture (no shit, you're responsible for other human lives~ you bring them into the world, you do the work).
22. you can knock up whoever you want and don't have to assume any responsibility whatsoever, so you fuck off with someone else and she's stuck with the kids forever.1