What is the hardest part about the first year of marriage?

The first year of marriage isn't all roses and sunshine, as many couples well know. If you've had experience with challenges in your first year of matrimony, what were they, and how did you deal with them?

Be as specific as you like. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• We are still in our first year of marriage. Even though I've known him since I was five and him six, and thought I knew all about him, I am still discovering little things about him and he is about me.

Things like he doesn't like to be startled while asleep, gets him really hyper for quite a while. He never knew I sometimes wake up as the Royal B! tch Woman for no reason, luckily on very rare occasions. I learned he needs his space first thing in the morning. He doesn't like to share the bathroom when taking a poop! (Gets him embarrassed or something!!) I could care less!

Just funny little quirky things we both do, none that get on each other's nerves but there surprising in ways. He wakes up with hair that looks like it was styled with a mixer, ok I knew that one already. Still worth ribbing him over!

It's not all sex, well it's a lot of sex, a lot of the time; actually our sexual encounters are more loving, tender and frequent after getting married. I've learned I can't bear to be apart from him, last year we did long distance relationship during the week; not sure I could do that now. Probably could if we absolutely had to but it would really hurt us both.

Even being best friends all the time we were growing up, there are so many little things we do that are growing together as a couple. I think it would amaze me to step back a year and see us now how much our relationship has grown together. We have yet to have an argument, we know one another so well that we don't tend to need to argue. Not to say it will never happen.

Some say the first year is hard to adjust to, I haven't found it that way at all. I think it is easy to grow together as long as you commit to being together.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sleeping schedules, snoring, sharing things your not use to , sharing a joint account , finances are always an issue and chores

• Having different sleep schedules has ALWAYS been a huge advantage for us. Always always always.

Especially whenever we had a newborn to feed... but, always. Always always.

Why would a couple always have to get up and go to bed at the same time? This doesn't make sense to me.

• Ah. Sry you had a bad time -- I had lots and lots of years of 10-15 hrs/week of sleep, so, I feel ya. ): Better times ahead.

Good luck.

• @redeyemindtricks well I'm getting better sleep now but going broke and have to start over, hopefully I'll do better than she is doing sometime soon in my near future

What Girls Said 3

• If you haven't lived together prior to getting married, I think that would be the hardest adjustment. Getting used to someone else's schedule, habits, how often they choose to clean, etc.
    Lots of compromises.

• I already know I will be super jealous type in the first year of marriage or maybe the first 6 months.
    So yeah.

• Accepting the fact your personal life is over lol

What Guys Said 3

• If youve lived together for at least a year before the marriage there shouldn't be any difficulties.

If not, there will be a lot of problems, but serves you right for marrying a stranger.

• I'm my thoughts because i'm NOT married. but i think the clashing of gears between the two people that are no one person.

• I don't know, probably realizing you made a foolish mistake. Why would you ever buy a used rental car? Why buy the cow when the milk is free?