What do you think about eloping?

I've been together with my boyfriend for a month and a half and he wants to elope asap. I want to wait till like Oct 2017 to get married. I want to go through the proposal and have all my extended family at my wedding

Most Helpful Guy

• Although it does happen, I'm someone who wants to be really sure.
    In my opinion it takes at least a year of living together and sharing your worries, joys and interests before being able to make such a decision. Rather 2 to 3 years than less :o
    The chances that you'd make a decision and later discover there were too many delicate aspects of each others' personality you were not aware of, are really high.

What Guys Said 10

• Ok, eloping is not a bad idea at all, If you are both above 18 and of the legal age to get married then you can surely elope but then the question is why do you want to consider eloping?

Your families don't approve your relationship or something? or are you just asking this question in general?

Eloping is not as easy as it sounds, that requires careful planning and preparations and plus you need to execute it perfectly when required.

There are lots of things you need to think about before you decide to elope that is once you both elope there is every chance that your families will disown you, so will you be ok with that? and plus you will be bringing a bad name to your families as well, so you need to think about that, hence you shouldn't care about these things. You should be rock solid and absolutely sure that you both love each other and want to elope only.

Hence eloping is not for those who are emotional and weak hearted, for eg if you care about bringing bad name to your family then you shouldn't elope, if you don't want to be disowned by your family then you shouldn't elope. If you family, your parents, relatives are more important to you than the one you truly love then eloping is not a choice for you because you will then get emotional and will be unable to go through with it.

Hence if you decide to elope then you need to think logically, you need to clear your mind, you need to be mentally strong and prepared to elope with your lover, you shouldn't care about any consequence whatsoever, then yes you can elope.

There is nothing wrong in eloping with the one you love.

However you said you have only been together with your boyfriend for one and a half months?, so you are saying that your relationship is only 45 days old?, that's really strange of you this think about eloping , I mean this is too early for you to decide about eloping. Your relationship is still in the growing stage, you both are yet to know each other well.

Eloping is something that you consider if you have been together for more than 3 years or so, then it would make sense. In your case it's too early.

• i think you need to wait for the simple reason that 1.5 months seems a little quick to get married. maybe don't rush things

• A month and a half? I've got food in my refrigerator that's been around longer than that.

• One month and a half is too early for that.

• I think its very disrespectful to the family's a very selfish act

• What is your boyfriend's rush? I'd be very concerned and cautious if your boyfriend wants to elope ASAP. Find out why. Chances are his reasons aren't good.

• You should do it, the world isn't nice to stupid people, I'm sure you're super hot, your husband will keep you alive until your beauty fades.

• Seems like a great idea.

• i think you have a better idea, you gotta close, some don't, do it right

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• I don't think eloping in general is a bad idea. If two people love each other, don't really care about the whole "wedding" thing and just want to be legally married, it's fine. Every couple is different. I wouldn't recommend getting married to someone you've only been with for a little over a month though. Rushing into marriage like that is probably one reason the divorce rate is so high. It's your relationship though, of course. Just don't let him talk you into anything you aren't ready for yet.

• ... wait wait wait... you have only been together for a month this is the worst idea I have heard in a long time... Wait at least to Oct 2017 if not longer... The elopement would be fine if you guys had been together for a reasonable time

• I eloped it was great. Now I'm having a separate wedding ceremony later on because my family doesn't know I am. It eases my mind on the stresses of the wedding and everything because the hard part is already done and that's the marriage itself. We also were friends for a little over three years before we started dating but eloped about 3 months into our relationship

• I think in your situation, eloping would be a mistake. What's the rush? Take it slow.

You want your family to be a part of the day. I think that if he really cares about you, he would respect that and stop pressuring you.

• I would love to elope, I'd actually prefer it to a big white wedding but a month and a half? Crazy, you guys don't know each other well enough yet, be careful!

• I think eloping is a great idea but getting married in any format after dating a month is just plain stupid.

• I would like to elope. Spending tons of money on some huge wedding doesn't really appeal to me. I'd much rather put that money toward a house or car. I think a month and a half is way too soon to be making such a huge decision.

• Oh honey, just no... unless it's an arranged marriage or something then that's different.
    Why do you want to get married soon? You'll be sharing more responsibilities and will have to get your finances in order. Every decision you make will need to be together and that can be tough. After a month, you don't know each other for that long.

• I would find that suspicious if you've been together that short a time and he just wants to get married. I feel like people who just jump into marriage like that so soon are going to have issues not too far down the road.