Would you ever marry someone who has different religious beliefs than you do?

First off, if you don't mind me asking what religion do you align with? Secondly would you marry someone with different beliefs? If they aligned with a different religion but their beliefs were similar would that affect your judgement? Do you think a marriage where people have different religious beliefs could ever work out?

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think I could. I'm a steadfast atheist, and if I dated a religious woman it only be a matter of time before she'd try to convert me. And even though she'd be doing it for what she'd perceive as my own good and love for me, I wouldn't bend. No doubt we'd end up having a serious breakup over it.

Not to mention I doubt many religious women would take a shine to me.

What Girls Said 10

• I am an atheist and i am dating and one day marrying a born and raised Catholic.

He respects my decision to not affliate myself with any religious institution. I respect his. I ask him questions about the bible and of days he observes because im always curious and it helps me better understand. I attend mass with his family, go to funerals and weddings, know some prayers out of respect for the occasion.

We dont try to convert each other and have come to the decision that of we have kids, to wait until they are older to decide if they want to be part of a religion or not. I would prefer if they werd old enough to understand and appreciate the commitment to a religious institution and fully understand what is said in the verses/sermons/teachings of what ever religion they chose.

• I'm a Christian and would only consider marrying another Christian. Some people can and have made interfaith relationships work, but I see it as too much conflict.

• I don't know tbh I always said I would only marry a Muslim but the guy that I like atm is a Deist so...

• Probably not. I'm an atheist, and I feel that I would have certain conflicts with a religious partner. Besides, the man I intend to marry is an atheist, so I can't see me marrying a religious man regardless xD

• Nope, because my religion is the most important part of me/my life. I want be with someone who shares that. I want us to be able to bond spiritually too.

• I am a Christian.
    No its against the bible in both testaments.
    Different denomination sure I would date them.
    Sure.

• probs not.

• Yes, i would. i'm not letting religion get in the way of being with my soulmate

• I'm muslim and no matter how much I like a guy if he's not muslim
    I'm not allowed to become his wife sadly.
    Maybe because without sharing same religion we will have a lot of trouble?
    If he's willing to comvert by his own choice then that would help of course.

• I am of Catholic religion, and no, I do not believe so because religion is a very debatable topic and there might be misunderstandings that can arrise.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm an Atheist and assuming I change my mind about marriage, I wouldn't mind marrying a secular Jew/Christian. Many of them are nominal and have adequately assimilated to secular values.

Muslims of all types have been an issue. There's an intrinsic cultural resistance codified within Islam that makes it difficult for me to pursue. Perhaps a secular Muslim that's 3rd or 4th generation wouldn't be an issue, but then they wouldn't really be Muslim by practice.

• No, I won't. I never plan to get married anyways

• Im agnostic, I have before, and I could do so again. Yes, I think inter religious marriage can, and does work. Many times it doesn't, but there are millions of successful marriages around the world that serve as examples. Particulary one religious spouse, and one non religious/atheist spouse.

• I am a devout atheist. I would marry a girl with different religious views as long as religion is not a very important part of her life. I want my children to be free from religion's lies. Most people are religious because they are indoctrinated from a young age so my children would be free from that.

• Religion doesn't natter much to me and I wouldn't let a gem of a person go for soemethig as trivial as religion. So ya I would.

• I'm non-religious and I would only marry someone who was also non-religious, agnostic or a non practicing Christian. A relationship with someone who is serious about their religion would cause too many stirrups.

• I'm Catholic, and I'd prefer to marry a Catholic. However, I'd gladly marry another Christian denomination or non-denominational Chriatian. Never a non-Christian.

• Only an atheist, and that's only if she agrees to keep to respect my belief as I respect hers

Most other religions are too opposing to mix

• I believe religion is a part of my life and i want my spouse to share the same religious beliefs.

• Yeah

• I'm Jewish by the way but I would only marry someone if they were Christian, Jewish or Islam. While at the same time I do respect everyone's personal beliefs and their rights to practice their faiths, I would want to marry someone who is aligned with a religion that worships one God.

• If she's gonna practice her religion then we are gonna have a problem; but if she's like me and doesn't give a rat's a** about religion and doesn't practice it like she's in some religious nutter cult, then it's fine