Could you handle all the attention you would get on your wedding?

• It's the reason for a wedding!
  • It's the reason I won't have a wedding!

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm not a center of attention type and the attention of a wedding was one of my anxieties but, and perhaps it was because my wedding was smaller with mostly close friends and family (about 120 people) it wasn't as a big a deal as i thought

1. we didn't do the typical receiving lines, and a lot of the things that force the bridge and groom to interact.
    2. since they were close friends and family i guess i felt very comfortable around them
    3. i felt so busy and consumed with various things that i didn't even feel compelled or needed to sort of be the center of attention.

in a lot of ways a bride and groom are kind of relegated to sideshow at a wedding. they have so many obligations (photos, dances, speeches, etc) that the actual interaction with attendees is limited.

Most Helpful Girl

• I want to get married. It's my number one goal in life right now (already accomplished all the other stuff I want to do right now lol)

But I am TERRIFIED of public speaking and I HATE being the center of attention. And I also keep my PDA and verbal expressions of love about my SO between he and I.

So I'm genuinely afraid of having a wedding because I absolutely do not want to get up in front of people and speak about my affection for him. I don't want to speak in front of people. I don't want people to watch us kiss. I don't want to write my own vows.

I'll go up there, say "I do," and then get out of there as fast as possible lol

HE wants a wedding. And I do too... but I also don't (reasons I just listed) so it's a tricky spot to be in lmao

What Guys Said 6

• It's one of the main reasons I don't want to get married, that and the money, oh plus the divorce thing.

• Probably not. Its one of the reasons I don't want to get married.

• Who would want to have another person clinging to you forever. You would have to be insane. If I ever get married I'm gonna kill myself

• It's basically like living with your family while you were growing up...

• Fuck that I'd rather die

• OMG I WOULD HATE kissing my bride in front of all ma friends and family :'(

• That's kind of the whole point of having a lot of people at your wedding.

• yes cause it's called devotion

What Girls Said 7

• If I ever were to get married yes because that's a choice on having a wedding and I think the whole point is for your "love" to be celebrated and not other peoples

• I guess I'd like us celebrating our love in a subtle way.

• Well you can still have a wedding! Between the two people, but you know when you go to a wedding it's inevitable that the attention will be on the two haha

• If you don't want a lot of attention why don't you just have a small wedding?

• I'm not even close to getting married. It was just a thought...

• Personally speaking, even with a small wedding, I would feel nervous and embarrassed.

• I totally empathize. DARN YOU ANXIETY. I guess that's why it's good that there are courthouse options!

• That's why I'm having a small wedding when I get married. Less people = less attention.

• no. i would be a nervous wreck probably. but i think... you're with your partner. you lean on each other, even then. it should work out okay.

• yes but i would be very nervous

• Yes, I could but I really want it to be super simple.
    Just me, the groom, my parents siblings, brother in law, and best friend, and his family and friends.

• NO. Probably why i don't want to get married. That and i just don't believe in it!
    take care :)