At what age do you hope to get married?

For all of you singles, at what age do you hope to get married?

• Less than a year
  • Less than five years
  • Less than ten years
  • Less than twenty years
  • I'm never getting married / I don't want to get married ever
  • I don't even have a boyfriend/girlfriend/romantic/sexual partner, so what makes you think I'll ever get married, let alone have sex?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's kind of the last 2 more or less.

The current state of our reality and our world, The economic inequalities and the instability makes everything difficult. Other than that, personal psychological issues on existence, life, meaning, purpose, and being a mere mortal human being are all the various factors as to why I choose "I'm never getting married / I don't want to get married ever". It had always made me think deeply and question:

"Do I really want to conform with society's expectations of marriage and children and jump on the bandwagon like everyone else did or claim that it was the 'right' thing to do, by getting married and starting their own family and having their own children together?"

"What guarantees are there? And what was all of that really for?"

If so, what is really the whole point of that other than to bring someone else into this miserable reality and world and have to suffer and go through all the trouble and hardships and challenges to only have nothing but a Death waiting for them? Is that not the end goal of a marriage to begin with? To reproduce and "create" life? But all life comes with Suffering GUARANTEED?

And what if they get really depressed about it and don't like the way that all of this is the way it is and that it was my decision to bring them here into this world by marrying and having children of my own?

I figured by choosing never to marry and to not have children is the only way to remedy and reduce those same problems that I am thinking about and feeling.

Of course if life had been fair to begin with, and that everything was a utopian type of world with very little to no suffering and absolutely no possibilities of death, or at least fewer possibilites of death (such as if we ONLY can died from from Aging and Natural Causes), maybe then I would have thoughts and feelings that are substantially different and my perspective would be different on topics and subjects such as marriage, family, children or offspring, etc.

• But unfortunately I find myself to become a deep thinker, and that's just the way I am and I just cannot agree or see it as justification that I would jump on the bandwagon and try to marry all to have children, and then what? To place the responsibilities and burden on themselves to survive on their own once I am gone, or the burden and responsibilities for them to take care of me when I am ill or dying? Responsibilities that they NEVER asked for and Accepted or Wanted in the first place.

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering that marriage doesn't bring anything good the the actual bond people have vs what awful things it can bring in case of a split, I'm not at all interested in getting married.

Been with my love for 4 years now. People are still asking when are we finally going to tie the knot, but that question is getting more and more rare.

The longer you are with someone without getting married, the fewer times that question comes up in social circles. People just assume you're staying together regardless of the paperwork.

• Unless you're gay. Gay people tend to have a tougher time of finding acceptance from other people. Usually, it may take a while for their family and friends to get adjusted to the idea that they are gay and that their partner is of the same sex.

• I find it interesting how some women on here who have been in a relationship longer than you claim they still want to get married which is fine but I think that the truth is in some of those relationships, the women either doesn't realize that her boyfriend does not want to get married or she settles with the fact that her boyfriend does not eat to get married. I'm not talking about you I just find it interesting that these women are still not married if they claim they want to get married yet they say they are in a happy 6+ year relationship and the guy still has not proposed

• @ikissedtheskyonce

Possibly, or they're not in a rush or they're taking their sweet time to be absolutely 100% sure he's the one.

I honestly couldn't say what the reason is.😛

What Guys Said 40

• My Lovely wife and I were engaged September 26th, married that next May. I had to have her in every way. She is my One Beloved.

• Never! Ever Ever! After what I have been though today from a woman marriage feels like the biggest joke ever. I am sorry I am still hurting. :(

• I don't think the current enviroment is favorable for marriage at least for men so I would not want to get married (then again I am single so I don't even have that option to begin with) However I would hope that within the next couple of years to be in serious commited relationship and a few years after that a family (I really really hope to have that).

• I am divorced so the question has a different significance for me. This is a good subject for a myTake!

• My mother told me that cohabitation was more fun than being married, so I don't feel like ruining the relation with paperwork

• Hopefully never. I feel like I might grow weak over time and give in but I hope to stay strong and avoid it.

• I never want to get married. Never.

• I have no idea, I'm not thinking about it either for now. I don't even have a girlfriend, one step at a time.

• I don't care, I wouldn't even mind if I never got married. I'll consider it if I find the right person but I won't rush anything because I have a time limit.

• Late 20's early 30's. (27-32)

• No idea. Kind of doubt I ever will get married.

• We were both 25 when we married.

• I wanted to get married when I was 12, but now that I am not fertile anymore since the age for a man still being fertile at the most is 14 I can't make babies so I see no point in marrying a gal :(.

• Wait, why can't you have babies again?

• WTF? My dad married at 33, and my mom married at 30. Trust me. You have plenty of time.

Humans are fertile in their teens, twenties, and thirties. Thanks to modern science, women can have children in their forties and fifties.

We have to be thankful that we are all part of the human species. And as humans, we use our brains to exceed physical limitations.

• I just want to know where you're getting this science from. Cause science also says that women's peak of fertility is around your age. So, how then are they getting pregnant?

Just cause you're not at your peak anymore, doesn't mean that you can't have any children. Besides, as far as I know, men keep producing sperm, whereas women work with a certain amount from birth.

So, unless if you were diagnosed with infertility, you shouldn't have an issue with having kids.

• Really anytime from now onward (s).

• In my 30's I really hope at 35

• After 35 or something :P

• When I was 23, I wanted to get married at 28.

Now?

HA...

• I'm not exactly looking to get married, but I'm not avoiding the possibility, either.

• Anywhere between 27-45 I have no idea though.. Won't be marrying before or after that though.

• I'd like to get married in 10-15 years.

• Preferably around mid 20's.

• That sounds like a very ambitious goal. ;) Nowadays, young adults are more likely than ever (females more likely than males) to go to college and get advanced degrees. I'm not saying that you can't get a degree and start a family at the same time. I'm just saying it's very difficult to balance the two. Some well-paid obs only require a Bachelor's degree, so it's definitely doable. Maybe you may go into engineering in college and get an engineering degree. Then, you may work as an engineer while starting a family of your own. If possible, you may also look forward to getting a Master's in Engineering. Teaching is another career that you may look into.

Medicine and Higher Education (college professor) usually require more intensive training.

• At an age where I'm still alive. Preferably.

• I dont have any date in particular, just when we think we are ready

• At this point/rate, probably never 😕

I don't expect it to happen, but you never know.

• Age 32-34. In no more than 14 years.

• Women usually start to think about this at the age of 25-28. It's the time when their looks heavily deteriorate and they have to assure their ass*es to not stay alone.

• I don't know. 18-25 is also the time period to get Bachelor's degrees and Master's/professional degrees. Some women may probably want jobs, because they may want to be equal in wealth and status with their future husbands. In the past and present, people usually marry people of the same social background - money or status. Also, in marriage, it is usually women who become part of their husband's family, so the things they bring along with them is important.

• Getting married at 30.

• I would like to marry at age 30, don't know what option I should pick.

• common law marriage baby its the only road for me

• When i am died :)

• More from Guys
    10

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 46

• 10 years-ish. I dread the idea of marriage. I like being able to pick up and travel whenever I please, spend as much ridiculous money shopping as I please, splurge on a night out on the town whenever I want, and be as flirty as I want. Marriage just seems so dry and boring compared to my delightfully wild, spontaneous lifestyle right now. I need another decade of freedom lol

• You can do those things married tho. (and you'll have more ridiculous money to spend shopping, since there'll be 2 incomes paying for 1 set of bills)

• @redeyemindtricks You can do those things in the right marriage, not every marriage lol

• @ikissedtheskyonce Oh, of course, of course. But, I think people underestimate how much power they have over whether their own marriage is, or stays, or becomes "the right" marriage.
      That's mostly a matter of keeping things working up-front -- not a matter of "working on the marriage" AFTER it's already started to slide downhill, as all too many people seem to think.

But yr right -- it will either be the best decision of yr life, or the worst decision of yr life. Pretty much never anything in between.

• 25 would be nice but i don't think it'll happen lol. i can wait though =]

• I'm gunning for 2018.

Yup.

• I'm hoping 29. I'm 26 now though, and I don't even have a boyfriend right now. So I'm thinking that's unlikely. I'll just be happy if I can get a boyfriend by that time.

• I mostly hope to get married when I have a career, and a car, I'm living on my own and I'm efficiently supporting myself. So i'm assuming all this will happen around 30.

• I don't know... not really one of those stressing over it either. I have more serious shhh to worry about like "Will Jon Snow return or not? Or "why did Ash make a deal with that evil bish Xena for the Necronomicon?" It would be nice, If it happens it happens, but if not then that's fine too. I say late 20's to mid thirties after that I'm done lol no point in trying.

• i'm not engaged yet, though i likely will be within the next year or so.

now that i'm actually with someone that i like enough to want to marry, it doesn't seem so scary.

• I want to get married when I'm ~25 years old. Definitely before I turn 30. Well at least that's what I hope lol because there's no potential partner in sight 🙏🏼

• IF I do ever get married, all though I'm not certain if I want to, I want to within a decade.

• I don't know or care. If it happens, it does, if not, oh well.

• I'd like to get married in about 5 years, I guess? Maybe 10. Mid-late twenties seems reasonable.

• I hope to get married around 20-25ish but If that doesn't happen I just want to get married eventually.

• We were 20 & 22 when we married. Started dating at 16 & 18 and I had known him my entire life... can't tell you when I met him... I've always just known him-lol.

• I don't care about marriage. It's not that important to me. As long as I'm with my boyfriend that's good enough. :)

• 10 years perhaps..

• I'm not really bothered, but within the next 5-10 years would be nice.

• Not interested in marriage.

• maybe one day

• Heya!
    I don't ever want to get married!
    Take care

• Well I am 26 now and my target would be in the next 5 years.

• Hopefully by the time I'm 30. I heard that people who get married then are more likely to stay together

• In 10 years or so. First, I want to graduate school, find a job, buy a car, move out and travel the world. I do want to get married and have a family eventually.. but nowhere near close to the future.

• I wanted to be married by now. I don't see marriage in my future anymore tho.

• I don't think I'll ever end up married. I'm not good at staying with the same person for a long time, and just the thought about such a commitment to one person, scare the living daylights out of me.

• At age 44, since I'm getting married in May

• I'd rather die

• I want to get married when I'm 23. I will be finished with school by then and also ready to bring children into the mix.

• Hopefully in the next couple years

• We were 23 when we got married.

• At 25.

• More from Girls
    16

1 private opinion(s)