True or false? Most parents would like you to marry someone from the same race. True or False?

Generally speaking that is.

• True
    69% (34)83% (35)76% (69)Vote
  • False
    31% (15)17% (7)24% (22)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1
12|20

Most Helpful Girl

• True in my case.

1|0
    0|0
    • @asker I'll answer here because I think we're going to annoy Richard with our notifications haha!
      Yeah exactly, you got it :) Umm I don't know why I just noticed it's a trend many Muslim Girls like White converts. The Converts I knew got married really fast lol Maybe because not only do they find them good looking, but also the converts are usually more practicing than born Muslims so the idea might be tempting for a Religious/Practicing Muslim girl :)

• Show All
    • Oh :/ I hope you'll find someone even better <3 ^^

• Thank you

What Girls Said 11

• I can only speak on behalf of my own parents. My parents have never been prejudiced at all. They'd be hypocrites if they had that view, because my father was English and my mum is Italian

0|1
    0|0
    • Italian and English is the same race. *facepalm*

• Show All
    • @Electronica

They aren't white

• Maybe your family isn't white, but Italians are.

• GENERALLY, id say yes.

0|1
    0|0
  • Generally speaking, yes. Personally, my parents don't care.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would say that's true

0|1
    0|0
  • Generally yes, but they would except otherwise

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol my parents arw fuckin' racist and they don't like muslims...
    Glad they don t know the last guy I liked was half muslim :p

0|0
    0|0
  • they surely want me to marry a man too, but that's not going to happen

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, quite the opposite, my family would be ecstatic if I marry someone from a different ethnicity. They even encourage it :)
    Best wishes

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm shocked at the poll results. Seems like a lot of GAGers have old prejudice farts for parents. Fortunately my family is very racially neutral and could care less about dating outside your race.

0|1
    0|0
    • having a preference doesn't make one a racist, so don't talk about shit u don't know =]

• Show All
    • "People who are TRULY racially accepting don't give a crap about petty stuff like what race your boyfriend is. They care about how he treats you, period".

THANK YOU.

• Same goes for you and the person you date.

• My mom actaully told me that I should marry a black guy,

0|0
    0|0
  • If you like a girl opposite of your race, who cares what your parents say. Its a different time. : )

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• Generally as is talking about all over the world especially culturally yes, but I think who they marry as an individual should be far more important. Race has never been a concern of mine, who they are as an individual is always what is important to me and when I become a father I won't care what race my daughter or son marries as long as they meet my standards and they genuinely care about and have my children's best interests at heart.

0|0
    0|0
  • I highly doubt my parents care, but I voted true cause I think the majority of parents think that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally speaking I would say YES, that's TRUE.

0|0
    0|0
  • Mine want me to

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't ever want to marry my own race. I want a white woman for my wife, as an Asian American, but it's not my parents' problem.

It's a lot of white people's problems, since there's a lot of taboo in their culture about white women being with Asian men, as opposed to Asian women with white men being more acceptable. I've had people get angry at me for consorting with white women, since they're opposed to race-mixing.

0|0
    0|0
  • %100 true

0|1
    0|0
  • False. A lot of Asian, Middle Eastern, and Hispanic parents want their daughters to marry a White man.

0|0
    0|0
    • Why?

• Show All
    • I am gonna have to agree with elissadido my parents won t like it if I settle with a white guy.
      They think we have different views and lifestyle and mainly they don t want me to live abroad.

• @Electronica Terrorism is a low blow. You know a lot of Middle Easterners are Christian right? It is where my Orthodox patriarchs of Antioch, Alexandria, Constantinople, and Jerusalem reside.

• Hi,
    I really think that more people than will admit it have this.. "problem"?
    A lot of people, including myself, are shocked?, disturbed?, unhappy?, with seeing mixed race couples. all those words are a little strong, and I do NOT say the attitude is right.
    And YES, I am white and was married to an aboriginal for 30yrs.
    I am just answering the question.

0|0
    0|0
  • Generally? yes, and this extends to my GF's family (I'm black and she's white... deep southern in fact, which isn't good for me)

My mom doesn't give a shit about race. She's dated a white guy. My middle brother's dating a white girl

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably true I'm in an interacial relationship right now I think it's hot I've fantasized going after an African girl or a Filipino next mmm

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't think most parents care what the fuck i do

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people prefer someone like them culturally. As in race, religion, tradition, etc.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well false, that would make them hypocrites xD

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad probably won't as he's biracial, my mom MIGHT, I can't say for sure but even if she did I'd give no fucks and wouldn't care about what race my kids dated either.

0|0
    0|0
  • My mother wants it, my father doesn't give a flying fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm mixed race (Jewish and filipino) so my parents wouldn't care at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • don't you mean color not race

man we have been conditioned lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know. Who cares anyway?

0|0
    0|0
  • It leans more towards yes generally. That is how my dad is, but my mom is cool with me marrying any race.

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep down they just want you to be happy

2|1
    0|0