How to say no to a brides request when you are maid of honour?

how to say no to a brides request when you are maid of honour?

I'm maid of honour, one of 4 bridesmaids.
One bridesmaid has already done something drastic to her hair and the bride lost her shit.
Now the bride has decided on a hiddious hair style and I won't be able to do it unless I grow my hair out. I have an A line bob (looks like the photo) I plan on getting it trimmed back to short again with thr front a bit longer but the bride is saying "oh it will grow out by then" pretty much saying I can't get my hair cut for another year.
I am engaged so planning my own wedding and I wouldn't dream of being pushy and expecting someone to do or not do something with their own hair or body. Am I being stupid and just grow it out even though I hate how I look with long hair or am I right and how do I tell her this seeing as she is clearly pissed off and stopped replying to my msgs.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell her to stop beeing a entitled bitch and she can't control your life for a whole year just because of 1 day. The point of the wedding is her marrying her husband and if she loves him she should be happy with that, how is it importnt what your hair looks like? PRIORITIES? Honestly she doesn't seem like the person, I'd wanna hang out with anyway. lol

• Totally agree its one day and meant to be about them. She is focusing on stupid little things. He is a nice guy (to me he is anyway) but she has changed since they got together. Almost snobby.

• Some women seem to base their status/self worth entirely on who they're dating and if he's willing to commit to them so now that she has achieved that she might think she's the queen and this is her coronation or something. That's why she's behaving like she's something better. Just a theory though ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds controlling tbh. You could get hair extentions, they wouldn't cost a lot and you could still maintain the hairstyle you want.

• @Soshy.. My thoughts exactly.

• Totally controlling. We were meant to be doing girly stuff together and going to bridal expos and stuff like that but she has ditched me everytime and taken her FiancĂ©.. mine won't go because he thinks that stuff boring.
      She has even planned her own hens night/batchelorette party so left nothing really for me to do other than organise invitations for it. I don't see how she doesn't realise how comtrolling she is being, she is also my maid of honour and I haven't been nearly as picky or painful as she is being. Felt sorry for the other bridesmaid who shaved her head and the bride got her Fiancé to "have words" with her about it seeing as it was brave in my opinions because she suffers from extreme anxiety so to do something like that was a huge thing for her.

• Lmao she watched too many hollywood movies.. And is acting like the world has to revolve around her now that she's getting married. I hate those kind of people..

What Guys Said 2

• Your friend is being a bridezilla. Tell her that your wedding planning is conflicting with being maid of honor. She may be pissed at you but you've got no choice. . . and you are on the right side of this problem.

• Wear a wig in the desired style

What Girls Said 2

• Just tell Bridezilla over there that you're cutting your hair for your own wedding and to deal with it.

• You shouldn't be forced to do something you don't want to do... Wear a wig lol