Why can't Arabic girls marry interracially but Arabic guys can?

I was never able to wrap my head around this why is it acceptable for a man to marry outside his race but not for the woman I'm fully aware that some women do but it's usually like the biggest deal ever and the woman that usually marry interracially are either over 30 or it's her second marriage but when a guy does it and it's so casual everyone it's like wow good for him he married outside his race and it's a beautiful thing but then when a woman around my age marries A different race considered disgusting and disgrace :-(

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. It's something I find hard to understand and justify. I come across an Arab woman who is deeply out of love with her husband and marriage, and abused by husband for over four years. The natural thing to do is to divorce. She told me, her tradition and religion do not allow a woman to divorce. Only the man can divorce the woman. I was like that's bullshit.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going through this issue. my parents are giving me a very difficult time for wanting to marry a non-arab, yet my grandfather married a white woman and that was ok.

My parents explained it to me: the man is the one in charge basically. The woman becomes a part of the mans family. The man's religion and culture is what the woman must follow. Therefore, if an arab man marries a non-arab woman it's ok because the culture is perserved.

It is a very tribal culture so the individual's happiness should be sacraficed for the whole of the family. It sucks so bad. Image is important so people will gossip and it will tarnish the arab womans family's reputation if she marries a non-arab

What Guys Said 3

• 1. Arab is not a race. It's a cultural term.
    2. Both Arab girls and guys can marry non-Arabs!

It might happen rarely, though.

• Because Arabic women are very oppressed, and its the men doing it. There is nothing positive or fair about oppression.

• You can. You just have to be willing to stand up to your parents and live your own life.

• i have and i am a number of times but it seems like its not only my parents that think this way

What Girls Said 2

• Well i would like to tell you from my knowledge and my personal friends around.

Your term Arab might be "Muslims", and yes muslim men can marry a non-muslim women and later ask her to convert to Islam. Hence your statement arabic men CAN marry interracially (non-arabs/non-muslims)

However reverse is not allowed in their religion, meaning muslim women cannot marry a non muslim man. Now i do not know the specifics and details why but mainly it is due to the spreading of Islam among the family.

Islam religion tends to lean towards male dominant society and culture so a man may ask a non muslim women to convert to islam however the opposite isn't necessarily true for the spreading of the religion.

However an Arab women CAN marry a muslim man from other race (e. g asian/white etc)... i think main concern here will be the religion :)

• I think what you're trying to talk about is religion.. not race... but still.. both cases are so shitty.. I don't get this at all.. and I try to not think about it anymore.. it's useless