What would you do if you like someone who turns out to be married but will be divorced soon?

Would you keep talking to each other? Would you stop talking? Answer with details please.
What if they have a kid?

Thanks everyone
I have blocked him. I hope things work out with his wife and he stays with his wife and becomes a good husband and a father

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd feel betrayed I suppose, because she wasn't open about that from the start. If a girl is sneaking around behind her husbands back, even if they are going to split it's not encouraging as far as any future relationships with her. Her having kids by some other guy is also a negative.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would distance myself from them. They're married, I'm not getting tangled in that. And it doesn't matter if they say they're getting divorced soon, things changed and it hasn't happened yet.

What Guys Said 6

• Even if they get divorced tomorrow, they need time to recover from the relationship and the divorce. You don't want to be a rebound relationship for someone; you'll only feel used when it is over. It is better to keep looking and find someone else.

• Thanks, I didn't even think of that one.

• most men would walk away. its not a bad idea to...

but if feelings are strong, it can happen but ininting someone over before ending it and having time to oneself is looked down upon and as a weakness and for a good reason

id have to like her a lot for it to happen and id think shed expect her to leave the same way with me and they almost always do. so i m not that sure.

i dont lose anything walking away as a single childess man who is surrounded by childless single ladies, i can lose out a lot by trying this risky situation... so its a bad bet, so strong feelings are necessary.

• I'll stop talking to them, them getting divorced doesn't matter, I'm not gonna get in there as the ink dries on the papers. Also if they've got a kid I'm probably not going to want to get with them anyway.

• Depends upon your intentions.

If you just want sex, then it isn't a problem. If you want to get married, then hope the laws on polygamy change.

• Stop talking. Too much drama.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• Promises Promises.. Very seldom does the divorce ever happen, especially if there are children involved.. Please be cautious and don't let your heart rule you.

• I'd keep talking to them but wouldn't progress anything to a romantic relationship until they were divorced.

• For me I'd keep talking to them. I'm totally open to the kid as long as I can treat him/her as I do my own.

• I would just step away. The guy is just getting divorced and if he hasn't signed those papers yet and made it official-he's still legally married.
    If they had a kid well, expect a big pay cut from him because he'll be paying a lot in child support payments.