Are you against marriage?

Like would you want to marry after all or no?

• Yes, I am against I don't want to marry.
  • No, I want to marry.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have pretty crappy finances and some weird medical concerns that I do have to deal with for the foreseeable future. Marriage, for me, is not beneficial as a legally binding arrangement. While I would like my spouse to have some of the benefits that come with marriage (like rights to my SSDI stuff and hospital visitation privileges), I don't like the idea of my loved ones being stuck with all of my shitty bills in the event that I die.

I'm not 100% sure if your spouse is stuck with your debts after you die, but I don't want to risk it.

Would this stop me from performing some kind of marriage-like ceremony for the social benefits? Of course not. I'd gladly jump the broom or get hand fasted or any number of marriage-type ceremonies.

Unpopular opinion alert: I think that marriage and civil unions should be different things (marriage having a religious/social context whereas a civil union being a legal binding between two parties that bestows what we think of as "legal marriage benefits"). So, I wouldn't get civilly unionized because of legality, but I would marry the shit outta some people.

Anyway, weird musings aside: if other people wanna get hitched/tie the knot/whatever, let 'em have it!

Most Helpful Guy

• Marriage gets a bad rap because too many people rush into marriages without making sure that they have found the right person, and too many marriages end because people want to simply give up instead of working to make a bad marriage better. If you find the right person with the right attitude, marriage can be wonderful.

What Girls Said 19

• if you'd asked me this time 2 years ago, i would have said yes. but who i am now says no, because i'm finally in a relationship with someone i trust and who i like enough to want to marry.

for the first time in, well, ever, i can't wait to get engaged/married. my other half and i are hoping to be both by spring 2017, so i guess we'll see what happens (it's not an if, it's a when). :) <3

• In the middle, apart of me doesn't want to get married at the moment however if I find someone that I truly do feel that marriage is worth it then I would.

• I am looking forward to getting married and starting a family. I come from a large close family so i am very family oriented. When i get married my whole life will revolve around my husband and kids.

• I'm not against it, but I would NOT marry easily.

• I'm not against marriage but I don't know that I want to get married.

• Yes, I would. I've been single for a lifetime and if the right man comes along, I'd like that very much. But if he doesn't, I'll have to be ok with being single. I'm not interested in being married to the wrong man.

• If I want to have kids or am about to have kids I will. I think you should to grant your kids privileges that it can have when the parents are married/or were married. Otherwise it will be depending on me only - which is not a bad thing - just would like my kids to have the privileges it gets when parents are married.

When I can't or won't have kids, I would like some kind of ceremonial/ritual thing that would present our love for each other ^^

• truthfully, I thought I'd be married by now. I'm 26, and wanted the American Dream when I was 13, mmm better off living with mom huh? ... anyways, I hope I marry soon though. I want some kids! 🤗

• @ShayanMortazavi1 you're annoying me, shut the fuck up already. before I fucking track your I. P address. little piece of shit. you're starting to bug me. GET OFF MY OPINIONS!

• No woman would be dumb enough to willingly breed with him.

• @Dred1614 you're right, his mentality is really really low.

• No I'm not. I wanted to get married some day. I just don't really see it happening anymore.

• Nope!

It's not for everyone, but it's still what some people want.
    I never thought I'd get married, but here I am :)

• I'm against myself getting married ya, dont give 2 fucks if other people wanna do it tho lol

• I'm not agaisnt marriage, everyone is free and I don't care :p But I don't know if I want to marry

• Yup, against it and don't want to get married.

• lol. looks at the poll

• Not against marriage, but don't think it's necessary especially since I don't want kids.

• I think it's beautiful. If you love someone, you should marry them.

• hell no. I want to get married.

• Im kind of either way honestly. I thought i was all in for marrying but now i feel some are better off alone

• I am married but if it ended (death, divorce, whatever) I wouldn't get married again. No point, I did the baby thing already and that is the point of marriage for me. My Husband is my absolute best friend and my soul-mate, having a marriage cert didn't change anything for our inward relationship just made other people take it more seriously. Like I said since I am not having anymore kids I wouldn't need to do it again.

What Guys Said 26

• I am 100% against marriage. I don't ever want to get married.

• I'm not against it.
    Would I get married? I don't care if I get married or not, as long as me and my future girl spend the res of our lives together, I don't care if we sign a paper or not.

• I never wanted to get married. But I got married. It was terrible. I got divorced. I declared I would never get married again.
    But I got married again.
    And it is better than I imagined it could be.

Into which category do I go?

• No, I am not against marriage as such. However I have decided never to get married!

• I respect the freedom to do so, but I won't be getting married again. I survived my first divorce, there will not be a second one.

• Yeah. I don't think I'd ever remarry after my 1st divorce.

• @dwright9224 Exactly, I'm just looking to settle down and cohabit, but not legally marry this time. It's simpler, and if you ever find out your sweetheart is dishonest, you don't have to worry about divorce. You just go your separate ways.

• Yupp. That is very true. I'm still very young. So I still have plenty of time before I get married.

• I'm not for or against it. If people want it they should have it and if people don't then they shouldn't.

• No, I'm for marriage and I want to get married of course.

• Nope, I want to get married.

• Of course not it's one of my main goals in life.

• I don't really see the point in marriage, to be honest.

• Don't really care about it but I definitely don't want to do it just seems like a waste of a money and just pointless.

• I am indifferent about marriage. If my SO wants to get married sure why not. If she doesn't want to get married that is perfectly fine too.

• It's one of my life goals to get married.

• I'm not against it but I definitely don't want it for me.

• Marriage is a beauty of life

• I am against marriage for the most part.

• Yes, marriage is just a contract.

• i don't believe in it. doesn't make much difference.

• Definitely not interested, hell to the naw, to the naw naw nawwwww.

• I'm not against other people marrying, I just don't want to deal with all the legal disadvantages for myself!

• Yes, I'm against marriage because there's no need for them

• My problem with marriage, people treat it as a way of trapping someone, so they can stop putting work into the relationship.

• I'm against it.

Damn sucks for the guys that don't want to get married since half the number of girls feel the same. And sucks fro the girls that do want to get married for the same reasons.

• Definitely against... and glad to see most guys voted first option... seems like they know wot they're doin'...

• I'm for marriage but I am impartial to the idea of me marrying anyone. I think people on average and society as a whole functions better when marriage is commonplace. However I don't think marriage is for everyone. I don't think unhappy people should seek out relationships as a cure to their unhappiness. I don't think being in a relationship is inherently any better or worse than being single. I think they both have their cost and benefits and people should try their best to understand those cost and benefits and decide if they align with who they are as a person. I don't think anyone's worth as a person should be tied to their marital status. But I do believe if people are participating in the dating world (including friends with benefits and frequent one night stands) that some form of permanent stable healthy relationship should be an eventual goal otherwise it reduces people to simply being a tool for self-gratification. I think relationships create some of the biggest risks of emotional (and mental) damage and if people decide to actively participate in that world they should do so responsibly. I've never quite understood the people that act like they need sex but avoid relationships. To me sex without any kind of connection to relationships is just masturbation with fancier equipment. What's the point of involving another person? I always felt like people that always seek out sex are really looking for a relationship but afraid to admit it for whatever reason. Fortunately, My opinions are only my opinions not facts or laws and people are free (to a certain extent) to act as they wish. Which is why I'm impartial towards me marrying. I don't really believe I'd function well in a marriage based on my past relationships (which weren't bad they just weren't any better than being single). However, because people are all different I can't say that I'll never meet someone that will convince me to want to marry them. If I find someone who makes me consider marriage I will but as of now I'm not actively looking.

• It's best to avoid women...

This includes dating and relationships. Marriage is the most dangerous though.