Do you think "no hugs until marriage" and "no handholding until marriage" are good rules to prove your love only when you get married?

I’m thinking about saving my very first hand-holding experience and my hugs from now on for my future wife on the day of our wedding. As the years have gone by I’ve to come to view hugs as a gift. I view it as something very special, something I can treasure, something that I can save and share with my future wife alone. When you are dating someone you are not under a covenant, you are not under a promise, you have not yet stood before God and promised to stay together till death do us apart. So they are not yours.

• Yes, handholding should be kept within the confines of marriage, and same for hugs
  • Partly, hugs should be kept open to everyone but handholding only in marriage
  • Partly, handholding should be kept open but hugs should be marriage exclusive
  • No, this is a remarkably silly idea.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 19

• I don't see what it proves. I personally wouldn't be in that kind of relationship since I'm extremely physically affectionate. However, if you think you'd enjoy that and it means something to you, I guess go for it :)

• huh? what on earth does that prove though? like sex i get but holding hands?
    look man, you do you, and i respect if that's ur view, but remember to enjoy your love before marriage as well.

• I just saw the comments below, and you know what I think? If you see thats right DO IT! dont let a bunch of random people on the internet make your decisions for you! Its your life, you do what u want with it, and we don't have the right to tell you what to do! We all have different opinions, and no matter where you are, you will never be able to make every single person happy! As long as you and your girlfriend agree to it, then great! :)

• And i view hugs and holding hands as things only given to special people, so yeah., you aren't the only one with that logic haha

• I think, it's not silly at all, it's good. I mean... It's amazing! I agree with you, about God, promise, they aren't yours, and etcetra... Some people will think it's old-fashioned, but I'm not, because I think it's wonderful when you hug and holding her hand on your wedding day. As a girl I think it's romantic too, it'll make your wife happy and feel very 'honored', it's like... 'My honorable and lovely wife, I love you so much...' XD. And she'll feel that she's soooo special in your eyes. OH, IT'S WONDERFUL! I can say no more, hahaha, actually I'm almost speechless because I find a sweet guy like you... Good luck! ;)

• Yeh that seems rather silly. How are you even meant to connect with a person with no touch whatsoever. Its not even a relationship, its just good friiends. Hell i touch my friends and give them hugs as greetings. I don't know of any girl irl who would be up for this.

• This is ridiculous. And that's coming from a Christian. I completely understand not participating in sexual activities until marriage, but holding hands? Nah bruh.

• really? I hug some of my boyfriend's male friends with the most loving passion, probably with as much as I do for him. I just have so much love for them and so much positive energy I want to share with them. it doesn't have to be so romantic. You're thinking way too hard about this.

• I'm actually surprised that this is even a thing.
    And that's saying something.
    Because I have heard/read a LOT about religious modesty culture.

• I just don't understand how you can even know if you love someone without a little intimacy. You don't have to have sex but part of marriage is good sexual chemistry. How do you know if you will have that if you don't even touch?

• If you think it's a good rule, then yes it is. Do whatever seems logical to you and makes you satisfied. It's good you're following your morals and views.
    To each their own.

• I see what your going on about, man do what you want, if you believe in that do it, ignore what others say, goodluck :)

• No.

Just no.

• So you've never hugged anyone before?

• That's just plain ridiculous.

• I think hugs are acceptable

• I do respect your choice but in my opinion that is taking things a bit to far

• No hugs until marriage? Whaaa?

• why are you copying another gager's question?

• That's awesome :)

But you should love her before you marry, but save handholding and sex and etc for marriage.

I'll probably do something like that too when I get married

What Guys Said 19

• I mean no hand holding, no hugs even with the one you love and are getting married to? . I mean what's the point of that?

Are they your morals, values or something, if it is then it's fine you can follow that if you want too, otherwise it doesn't really prove anything!!.

I mean you holding your lover's hand, or hugging her is wrong at all.

• That is kind of a bit extreme is not it. I can see waiting to kiss till being engaged but not hand holding and hugs. I hug my freinds all the time. It is a great way to show affection and have human connection between people.

• Holding hands and hugs get you a girlfriend if you don't even do that she will think your a dead beat stiff. I understand. About the no sex part unto marriage. Though

• I support your decision buddy.

• I gave this a huge D vote.
    This is the sort of tyrannical crap that sharia imposes on people.
    If you want to live this way, piss off to some Islamic hell hole.
    Do NOT try to bring this garbage into the civilised world.

• I think the Duggars had some rules similar to that. Now their show was cancelled because of a sex scandal.

• not I, i'm not into that. 😒

• Heck no, I've hugged people I'm not even dating, I mean I hugged them differently, but not hugging or holding hands until marraige is just dumb, I couldn't handle that there have even been times when I needed a hug from my GF/BF/EF

• that is just fucking stupid

• if you save that for marriage you propably would never get married...

• I knew christians who wanted to save kissing. But hugs? lol you already fucked that vow when you hugged your parents as a kid. If you can't hug how the fuck are you supposed to greet your gf? An awkward wave?

• If u both guys know that u going to marry then its fine to have sex before marriage. It's nothing like that only u have to wait for marriage. Enjoy life

• Run for the hills

• No physical effection is insaine, no sexual interaction is not smart...

• I think the old ways are outdated.
    And that just dumb.
    Go ahead and do it!!!

• Very Orthodox but You can do it.

• So you aren't going to hold her hand, until the same night you plow her? Sure that sounds like a great way to start a marriage. lol

• I applaud any young man who has the clarity of insight and the strength of his convictions to follow through on this excellent plan. God speed sir!

• D - an incredibly stupid idea. You seem like one of these religious freaks