Christians, should a wife submit to her husband in all things?

• Yes
  • No
"22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."

Most Helpful Guy

• If a woman considers herself to be a Christian, the answer is yes.
    Submission to her husband is commanded in the Bible.
    Ephesians 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord.
    Ephesians 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
    Colossians 3:18 [ Instructions for Christian Households ] Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
    1 Peter 3:1 Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives,

What Guys Said 20

• like le no.

lol

• Yes.
    But let us make one thing very clear: a husband is also supposed to attend to the needs and wants of his wife in all things, and they are also commanded to love, honor, and respect one another.
    it is a mutual arrangement, and NOT some for of religiously approved female slavery, despite bullshit claims to the contrary.

• Yes in the way she should submit as a wife just like we as men submit as husbands, while we are the heads of our households, marriage is a shared union.

You put your spouses needs before your own, shared submission to one another, this goes for both the man and the woman, she submits to your needs and you do the same for her, every wife needs love and every husband respect and you are united in everything it's not his or hers it's ours.

• They both should be working together BUT bearing in mind their strengths and weaknesses. With that in mind, I think a man should be a leader but NOT a boss. And a woman should be like the leader's right hand but NOT an employee.

• Well, submission is a choice, so if she wants too then she can be submissive to her husband.

• yes. i would like to point out that being submissive does not mean sub servant. submissive mean that you have a voice., but respect that has the last say, sub servant means you have know say and you do what he says without question. even jesus answers questions like this in Mark 7 verse 6: He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about you hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. and honoring your husband is mentioned in the bible, as well: But I want you to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn, the head of a woman is the man; in turn, the head of the Christ is God. 1 Corinthians 11:3

• yes but lets be realistic.

its wife co pilotting and making decisions togeter always

i grew up in the church, its never one person. they get what each other want and make decisions together always but in the case one feels strongly the husband should be able to overirde it in my opinion

this is why, men are logical and rational, women are feelings driven. logic and rationale always wins...

• I smell a loaded question but I don't give a fuck. Yes, she should when he's sensible and a good leader. A man should listen to his wife for the same reasons. An idiot couldn't lead a duck to water. A blind man leads a blind man and both will walk off a cliff. So it's a matter of respect not gender

• Yes, baby. EVERYTHING.

• I think you should not submit in things that are harmful or degrading to you.

• Yes kitchens are inside female DNA derpa derpa derpa.

• Whatever the doctrine says.

• I will not believe one thing from a Christian. Bunch of followers that can't think on their own.

• girls who submit are usually happier, as long as the guy isn't abusive so yes women should submit

• Not if her husband is abusing her.
    Submit implies force i never force my wife to do anything.

• Submit doesn't imply abuse. A man can't force a woman to submit. It's about her willingly submitting

• well if that is the case. As a christian man i say, My wife has the right to tell me "no" when she wants, if she wants to submit, she can, if she want's to say no she can. i would hope she never submits to all things. Especially if it's just to please me and she will not benefit from it. I like to think my short marriage is going well because whenever we do anything, we are both submitting to ourselves.

• I don't think many people want to be married to a doormat so no.

• not if he turns against the will of God or trie to force her to do so.

• I don't want to start a fight, but I want to explain myself so you can understand where I am coming from so you can decide if my opinion is worth listening to. I am currently an atheist, and I would say no. I was raised Christian however, and at the time I did believe that, because the bible was very clear on that part.

It was never that I desired control, but rather that at the time, I was just doing my best to follow the bible without picking and choosing only the parts I liked. It was actually my study into the bible, and the conflicts I had with is morality that led to me losing my faith. It is however still my opinion that if a Christian is following their faith, the woman will submit to her husband.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 12

• If someone needs a book to say they should be in charge instead of leading naturally and responsibly, they shouldn't be in charge.

Every person is different so every relationship is different. There's no one system that works for everyone.

• Good thing I am so not Christian. The Catholics think they have me, but I don't believe in magic and/or God.

• No... Why should she?

• She keep harmony

• Well good luck to you. To each their own...

• @asker good girl.

• That's a scary road to go down if you give a man all that power over you he could use it to abuse you, true loving couples are equals they are on the same team not master and slave that's messed up and cruel that's not love.

• The bible says right after that something about the man's responsibility. I forget its exact wording, but it is something like loving and protecting her. The idea being that a man should never use that power to abuse her. So the idea is suppose to include some type of balance in the system.

• @heavensgift2girls Whatever it was intended to be it's sick and I don't get how people can blindly follow that, plus the bible has been re-written and re-translated so many times there is no way of telling what has been added in later and by who.

• It wasn't sick at the time. Gender roles were necessary back then. If we lost our technology, we would go right back to it again. People don't want a woman pregnant with her tenth kid plowing fields by hand, while the men cut vegetables for dinner. It would kill the woman. So there was a reason for it back then. It just doesn't apply any longer. Religion doesn't allow itself to change with the rest of society so they get stuck in those old outdated ways.

• No, she shouldn't.

If his demands are unreasonable, no

And submit has a very bad connotation

This should be a partnership, not a power struggle

• What the hell does being Christian have to do with you submitting everything to your husband? I really pray to God that you're not hearing that from a pastor that you're going to because he is smoking crack and I don't even know where you would hear that from.

• Have you heard of something called the bible?

• There is a scripture in the Bible about wives submitting to their husband. Her interpretation may be an opinion, but the scripture that says it is fact.

• It's not Christians in general who push this. It's specific groups.

• No I don't believe in anyone submitting regardless of religion.

• yes and both the husband and wife should submit to the magic man in the sky

• not all things many things yes. But definitely NOT all

• no women are not an extension of the husband we are individuals and belong to ourselves

• The other half is that the hubs is supposed to love his wife as Christ loved the church - meaning he'd only ask her for things that strengthen and honor her and their bond. Put that way, they're both giving up their personal whims and power over the other.

• your not understanding the submissive part. It isn't about not having an opinion, but we all know women have a lot of opinion are stubborn at times. Its about not always trying to fight the man but come to a compramise,. That is what it means.

• How am I not understanding the submissive part? I asked a question. Where did I say it's about not having an opinion?

• The way I'm wording a simple question makes you assume a random thing? Weird

• lol, ok