If you were married and had children, would you be okay with your partner going to the bar every weekend?

• Yes
  • No
  • Every once in awhile

Most Helpful Guy

• if you want to strip their joy and social outlets from them, be prepared for an angry, loveless marriage that ends in disaster.

No, they can't do that shit every weekend. They have responsibilities.
    But they also have friends, and a need to unwind, away from the kids, and away from me.
    Besides, not ever weekend at the bar starts at 8pm Friday night, ends at 8am Monday morning, and involves them drinking away 2 grand and coming home completely shitfaced and destroyed. I trust my partner to have some self control, too.

• Yes. This was purely hypothetical as we were talking about the future and I did say I think there should be some compromise. If he wants to go out every weekend just being married, sure, but I think that there are other options when kids are involved, like going to a friends and still having that family time as well and the bar, okay that's fine every once in awhile and that scared him bad about the future. I think if I, as a woman, went out every weekend, people would judge me as a bad a parent, so I think the bar is okay, every now and then. I see no issue going out and having a day with his friends. I just wasn't sure why the bar specifically is the issue when he can still go have fun. I'm not taking that away, his nights. Is this being unfair to his wants, like am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• hell No! don't come smelling like booze near my babies, your a parent, there are habits that you have to give up.

What Guys Said 13

• I don't think I'd be married to someone who wanted to go to the bar every weekend in the first place...

• I never want to get married, so I'll have to answer this question in a hypothetical sense:

My answer would be a big "NO". I will never be okay with that.

• I think he needs to be home with you and with the kids.

But to be fair sometimes people need time alone to themselves. But not on a constant basis.

• What are they doing at the bar?

Just drinking? Sure, nothing wrong with that.

Being flirty with guys and shit? Not so cool

• Once in a while is fine if that's your thing but I think if you decide to get married and have kids, you kinda should hang up the other some. It's not my place to judge tho.

• i could see every once in a wile but not every weekend. also he should find a baby sitter so you could go also.

• Yeah no problem, I'd be okay with her having girls night out. Even when you become married you still need to be able to do things on your own with just friends.

• You need to figure that one out. Does not look good if that is what he is doing. Plus all the money spent on drinks!

• Am I going with her?

• Actually she does... I make sure of it. She's a stay-at-home mom and runs a small business out of the home. It's important she gets out of the house to regain her sanity. She has a group of friends she meets up with once a week.

• and set a fine example to your kids, no doubt.

• Sure. So long as we take turns.

• No. Every weekend is a tad too much... every once in a while yeah, no problem.

• No. I'm out of it. I want to be good example to children.

What Girls Said 12

• Every weekend? No. Once in awhile, yes of course.

Everyone needs an outlet and to be able to enjoy themselves and see their friends. I would never want to take that away from my partner. But they do have responsibilities at home and it's not fair to one partner to always be stuck at home with the kids while the other one gets to enjoy their life. Both partners need to strike a balance and have that outlet.

Plus sometimes it's good to get a babysitter so they can both go out. My friend is dealing with this right now. She's always stuck at home with the kids. Her husband will only stay home with one kid at a time. So any time she goes out she must take at least one child with her. I think that is totally unfair, but he says he can't handle both kids. But she has to manage that all the time.

It blows my mind. I would probably not be with him long if that was the case.

Because of this, me and my friend always have to do kid friendly stuff. No going to the movies, no going shopping without one of the kids in tow. We don't do adult stuff anymore, because we have to have one of the kids with us. So if we do see a movie, it's a kids movie. If we go shopping, we are only allowed to be gone for a limited time period because they get fussy. I get that, but it would be nice of he could take them both once in a while so we could actually do something like see a movie for adults (not a porn, but like a regular movie). I miss doing those things with her.

• yeah i wouldn't mind. hopefully he's with his friends and isn't drinking too much.

• I think that every weekend is a little too much.

• Every once and a while, sure. Go out with your buddies and let off some steam. Every day? Not a chance. I would be changing those locks right quick.

• Every once and a while, have some fun, everyone deserves a break. But not every week, we have a responsibility now.

• As long as theyre not coming home a drunk piece of sht to the kids then yeah i wouldn't mind. Just keep him semi in line

• Every weekend is a little excessive but it depends what kind of marriage you have. I used to go a couple times a month to the bar when I was married and he would have his guy time going golfing and drinking. Everyone needs their own space.

• Not every weekend. If he wanted to go out with friends every once in a while there is nothing wrong with that.
    Variety is nice though. Maybe not a bar every time?

• Every once in a while.

• I wouldn't marry someone who goes to the bar.

• No. I'd be okay if we all go to the bar together every weekend, including the children. Hahaha.

Just kidding! XD

No. I'd not be okay. My reason is... I don't know, I mean... "It's not matching you anymore, you're supposed to have 'different type of fun'." :(

• No, not bar for him. He can drink in the house no need to go outside