How do you feel about black wedding dresses?

I really want to wear a black wedding dress
not gothic but more classic
girls guys, what do you think!
I've never been a white clothing wearing but I usually wear pinup style clothing so I figured I could wear a dress like this with magnolias in my hair, low side bun, eyeliner and red lip. Really simple.
Guys how would you feel about that. I know what had been the tradition for 100 years, but it's just not me. I don't want to pretend at my wedding

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say why not if its not your first wedding, but hey you're right why would you pretend at your special day! So what the hell, you wear what you want.. Congrats!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's definitely out of the ordinary. It can look good. Shanae Grimes wore a black dress during her wedding and she looked beautiful.
    static.buzznet.com/.../msg-136917486292.jpg
    It's more suitable for a really casual wedding, though. I can't really see it as appropriate for a traditional wedding.

• Our wedding is going to be at our house. We have a small house on a river, so we wanted it to be outside and put lights in the trees and bbq :) the ceremony itself will be very short more like a party. The dancing and eating and spending time with loved ones and each other is more important. I really don't want a dress I'll never wear again, but we do go to 2 balls a year sometimes more so I could wear a black dress again :)

• Sounds like a casual wedding :) , and it's good that you're thinking about re using the dress.

• I'm definitely not one of those gals that wants a 5,000 dress :P
      I want a 500 max

What Guys Said 17

• Black wedding dress?

It's very rare that someone wears a black wedding dress on their wedding. As far as I know normally it's not worn on a day like this.

• I ABSOLUTELY LOVE black dresses. They look amazing.

But not for a wedding. I'm a stickler for tradition in some things, and a white wedding gown is one of those things.

• It's only been a tradition since Queen Victoria's wedding before that it was more about rich fabrics, silks and velvets, and not a color. It was usually the bride or grooms favorite color. If they weren't rich enough to buy a new dress it was just the nicest dress the bride already had... So basically the tradition started in 1840... Really long tradition ;)

• tradition for longer than i've been alive = good enough for me :-p

• I'm not religious and black is just a colour to me. So yeah, go for it!

• This your day, and you should get what you want.

• Meh sure but feels al little odd for obvious reasons but why not

I prefer a very light tint of blue
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...d5fd6c95ed.jpg

• That's 100% out of the question my bride will be wearing white

• It would certainly make a statement but I think a good one

• shoot yo shot... i just think a white (or at least a light color) dress looks better

• Sure, why not. I love black.

• I like them. with the right mix of white I like them more than the normal white ones

• It's not a funeral.

• well who really is pure in a wedding?

• that means everyone will see my cum stains

• That black dress or a white dress with black laces

• I don't like it and I think many of the guests will laugh. But whatever.

• Looks sick! And it's your wedding so fuck the rest :P

• I think that all wedding dresses should be black to really illustrate that you're in mourning.

• That like saying if a guy wears pink he's gay. It's a color... And actually white used to be for mourning and still is in many cultures.

• Your comment follows no line of reasoning, it has the appearance of seeming well thought out and evolved but you're actually saying nothing of substance. Whatever the past implications of the colour black were it is no longer the case, it represents mourning, this would be especially apparent if it's worn where black dresses aren't standard. And we aren't referring to other cultures in fact I don't tend to care what other cultures do because on the most part most other cultures suck.

What Girls Said 15

• I don't think it's a good idea... Like maybe a rich plum or midnight blue or even forest green but black is bad for a wedding. Like black is even a faux pas for female wedding guests let alone the bride.

It's also difficult to repurpose or recolor a black gown. How many functions do you think you'll wear a black gown to in the future?

• Actually I go to two balls a year so at least twice
      In some places black dresses are traditional

• Not for me but if that's your style and you think you can pull it off, why not?

I intend to go a non traditional route myself. I will wear a white dress but not a bridal gown. I just want a plain while halter dress that tapers off at my knees. Only if we get married on a beach tho. If we get married here I'll probably go the traditional route.

• lol i dunno... i mean it'd definitely look good but i personally wouldn't do it.

• up to youuu

• it looks nice but i wouldn't do that

• I would never do it and would suggest anyone do it but you can do what you want

• Love that... Classy🙃

• I don't like them

• it's your wedding. you should be able to pick the color of your dress. I don't think black dresses look goth at all. I think they are so beautiful. you should do whatever makes you happy on your special day. make it a day to remember.

• i love white dresses and like what the tradition is about

• I think it's ugly and I would never do it. Only white wedding dresses are acceptable.

• I'm not fond of the entire dress being black but I love white ones with black lace in it.

• Not a fan.
    I am used to seeing red or emerald green.

• I don't know, but I prefer white than black because black wedding dresses are like ball gowns.

• Black is the opposite of White xD um it's fine but I think it's better to try another colour?
    Why not go for a champagne / broken white color? :) Anyway it is your wedding so if it makes you happy to wear a black dress then just do that !