Do you think it is okay to marry someone outside your race & religion? Why or why not? Please explain?

Most Helpful Girl

• Race wouldn't be a problem. Religion would be. Different cultures is iffy but I wouldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you really followmand practive your religion, it only calls for complications.

Race doesn't really do anything but if culture is different, traditions are completely different, families don't speak each other's language, it also makes it very difficult, and at times, awkward and uncomfortable.

What Girls Said 14

• Outside your race? YES!
    Outside your religion? Yes, but it's probably easier not to.

• Yes i think it's okay. We don't live in the ice ages where everything that is foreign is frowned upon. Sane thing for religion too! though i think it may be a little harder because of some beliefs.

• Yes, obviously. Why wouldn't it be?

That said, marrying someone with different religious belief comes with some major challenges. I would not want to marry a religious person (I'm atheist/agnostic).

• I am fine with interracial dating buy I personally do not date outside my religion. I see plenty of people do it more power to them yet they complain when their SO does not participate

• yes.

• Yes and Yes and because love has no colour and you're less likely to run into some accidental incest situation.

• Yes. I actually want to marry a man outside of my race. I find people of other races more interesting. I like learning different cultures.
    However, a different religion is a no no for me because I'm a atheist. I will marry only atheists of any race.

• Race definitely bur religion no. Having different religions can cause problems in the relationship and is against Christianity and possibly some other things

• inb4 strider90 comes on over and throws a fucking fit

• I'd 100% marry outside my race. I'd prefer to marry someone who shares the same religious values or at least something similar to mine.

• If Im going to get married, then Im going to work things out. Im a Chinese and my boyfriend is a white. I am an atheist and he is a mormon. Things still work good as long as he is not too religious..

• Something about the Chinese woman and the White man! I see it so much here in California. No one dates more white men than the Chinese woman here in California. Good luck to both of you

• Haha guess what, he is my first white guy i dated with, and hopefully is the last guy.. i have been to thr States for almost 10 years, I once swore I won't be with a white guy amd kept teasing my girlfrd who only likes white guy. I didn't have a specific preference but yea thing just happened.. haha

• Yes, it also happened to you like the other Millions Chines gals here!!! lol

• No, cause if I do it my family would kill me and never want to see me again

• Yes. We're all human at the end of the day.

• Outside race , yeah.
    It's good for unity or something close to that. :)

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, I suppose you can and plus it's your choice too.

• Yes to both. Though it would be more difficult, I believe, to marry someone with different religious beliefs. Simply because that you can't control what color you are, but people with different opinions may get testy, especially over such a delicate topic.

• Yes, it's okay. It will only cause trouble if one or both people of the couple are racist or intolerant towards their spouse's religion.

• Outside of race? No problem at all. Religion? I could see there being more issues, but that would also depend on how knowledgeable and devout each person was.

• If you need that to be explained to you, then you would probably be unable to understand the explanation.

• It's 'okay,' but why would you want to?

• It's okay because why the f*** not?
    It will not work between two fanatic people of a different religion but they wouldn't want to marry anyway

• why not? no reason for race allegiance.. some attitudes invented by slave owners or European colonialists don't matter to me.

• what about different religious beliefs?

• why not? racists/bigots like you don't get it.

• Calm down dude.
      Don't put labels on people you don't know.
      Read well before responding.
      You first answer only related to race therefore i had to ask you what about religious beliefs since you did not answer it.
      MAN!!! People are so tense these days!! No Manners!!!

• I am Catholic and married a Methodist. Fifteen years into the marriage and she became a Catholic.

• Race? We are the same race. Religion? It's archaic and limits humans so personally no more dating religious women.

• Only people with right wing biases are opposed to it.

• Yeah I've seen It work with people of different religions and I was married to someone outside my race , marriage ended after 17 years but being black and white had nothing to do with it