Can I have fitness help?

So I'm a 14 year old girl (I'm turning 15 in June.) When I was 13 I had such high metabolism that when I woke up I would have a flat somach (only a flat stomach.) But ever since I became 14 I've realized all the things I hate about my body, I've also realized that it's made me insecure and I was about to go swimming this weekend but I backed out, and I love swimming. One of the things that annoy me the most are my square hips, if I could get rid of that and fill them in so they're not sqaure i'd feel better about myself. Another thing I really don't like about my body is that my legs are really skinny but my thighs are getting big even though I still have a small thigh gap (that looks like trash.) But my thighs have looked like this for a while and I'm just realizing it. So basically all I want to know is how do I feel less insecure and how to get rid of my square hips and make them look normal and into a hourglass shape. I also want help on how to make my legs look even on the thighs and calves. And thelast thing want to know is how to get motivation to work out so I can go swimming with my friends this summer.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would wager money that most of the imperfections you think you see are things that anyone who is looking at you doesn't see, or if they see them too, they don't care too much about them.

Most Helpful Girl

• Big thighs aren't bad (Sorry I have giant ones so I have to defend them).

Anyways as far as motivation to work out - do it for your own health and fitness, it's either you do it or you don't

For the hips - you're young and they'll fill out most likely but it may just be your shape which you can't really change all that well. You can strength train your hips but you'll most likely hit your legs in the process so I'd avoid it.

As far as the legs - if they get bigger so what, you're a woman we're made to have birthing hips. Working them out specifically will ONLY tone them or make them bigger. Targeting fat is a myth and it never works. Working out over time may decrease the size but if your body wants them to grow they will.

You're still young so I'd wait over time to be concerned about your hips. But try to accept the way you are. Constantly trying to change yourself into something you won't be won't help your self esteem and you'll be a lot happier and healthier if you accept yourself. Hope this helped <3

What Guys Said 2

• Your body will probably still change a little as you grow older, so I don't think you have much to worry about. Also, you should accept yourself the way you are, there are some things that you just won't be able to change. Have in mind that maybe you don't like your body but many people will.

• First things first no one who's 14 ish likes how they look girls and boys. You need to be confident about yourself and no ones perfect but be realistic square hips? Set realist goals but know that if you asked your fiends I bet none of them would be happy with they way they looked. And theigh gap is sexy.

What Girls Said 2

• Hi! I got these off a few sites.

To get rounder hips:
    Hip stretches
    Kneeling side leg raises
    Side leg lifts.

To get slimmer thighs:
    Seated bent knees
    Towel squeeze bridge
    Butterfly stretches.

For calves:
    -Keep your heels down and avoid walking on the ball of your foot.
    -To slim down your legs, slim thighs and calf muscles, do endurance cardio with little to no resistance.
    -Avoid the step machine and other types of climbing exercises, as these type of exercises target the calf muscles to increase size.

I hope this helps. I'm sure your figure isn't bad at all so you shouldn't dislike how your body looks. Some people are probably exercising 24/7 to get a slim body like yours. You're alright the way you are, but if you'll be more confident doing these exercises, go for it!!

• You seem perfectly healthy. You sound beautiful.