Your fiance breaks off the engagement, what do you do with the ring?

Lara Bingle's (an Australian Model ) fiance called of the engagement, over negative publicity over a previous affair with a married man and nude pictures. She flushed the $200 000 engagement ring down the toilet. Nice work, a plumber was called to their apartment.

• Keep it
  • Throw it away
He gave her a austin martin she put it up for sale on consignment 200k lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to be perfectly honest, hope that's ok. Here's a sort of qualified keep it: if it was a family heirloom of his, it automatically goes back to him, no questions. If it was in my family, it's mine! If he bought it, I'd offer to return it to him, if he didn't want it, I might keep it or (more likely) pawn it because it's not like I could wear it. If we bought it together (which does happen now) then I think I'd want to keep it, but I'd be obligated to offer to return it. I would not, however, under any circumstances flush the thing! It's childish, irrational, and disrespectufl- regardless of how the relationship ended some time, money and thought went into picking out that ring and you ought to respect that. If you don't want it and he doesn't either, like I said, pawn the thing and give a chance to be someone esle's engagement ring, but don't throw it away!

What Girls Said 8

• The ring should be returned to whomever proposed marrigae- the male or female. It's the fair option since the engagement is broke.

BTW that model is an idiot.

• He proposed. Yeah her career isn't going to good, might be over, she lost sponership deals. They haven't found the ring, that's one way to flush 200k down the toilet.

• I would return the ring, unless he insists that you keep it. They bought it for you in the first place as a sign of commitment and love. If that love and commitment is no longer there, I don't think you should keep it. If he insists that you keep it, pawn it if you'd like. But I would tell him before hand that if he lets you keep it, you'll pawn it. He might just take it back if that's the case. If he says do whatever with it, I would still pawn it. Seeing as I don't think your next lover would appreciate seeing that you have your exes ring of engagement.

• Keep it/ sell it as opposed to throwing it away, but I'd probably give it back to him. However, etiquette dictates that the person who breaks the engagement (or does something really bad, like cheating, if that's the reason for the breakup) forfeits the ring.

• he gave it to you, it belongs to you. do wht you like with it, porn it, hopefully he wasn't a cheapo and spent a lot of cash on itt :)

• I think you meant "pawn it." Though if it's a nice ring, you'd get a better price from a jewelry appraiser ;)

• She should have returned it to him.

• neither...i'd give it back.

• i'd keep that sh*t no matter what

• My ex told me to keep it.. so I did, for about a week- and then I pawned it and bought a flat screen instead. He was a jerk, so I don't feel bad about it in the least.

• Lol flat screen is heaps better than a ring, but do you think of him when you watch it lol

• Not at all.. the only way I would think about him while watching the tv.. is if I saw him on the 11 o'clock news.. And I have a feeling that is gonna happen sooner or later. Ahaha!

• Mwwhaaa

What Guys Said 4

• throw it in the mexican gulf

• maybe give it to someone who really deserves it

• C. Give it back.

• Keep it, then sell it