Is my JAMAICAN HUSBAND cheating on me after being married less than 30 days?

I am American woman, married a Jamaican man in Feb. 2010 after 9 months of long distance dating. Because of the long distance , we both new the importance of communicating frequently on a day to day basis. I traveled to see him every 2-3 months and never ever had in bad vibes of unworthiness about him. Had a big wedding that cause some financial strain on both our parts and lessen the frequent calling but still talked a couple times a day. We and both our family contribute to make a beautiful wedding come true. I am not the stereotypical american women who spends all her money on a Jamaican man. He worked hard as well. Now here's the kicker, the day after wedding his baby mother said to friends that they were still having sex and she still loved him and didn't know he was getting married which is a lie , this is a very small town so the wedding was a very known public fact. She has a history of doing some crazy things and doesn't even have custody of their child. so soon after I returned to the states the phone calls lessen and I feel like the interest is not there anymore. he said its because he's in a different line of work that keeps him busy and that he is not foreign minded and married me because he loves me. However our conversation is like a broken record, "how are you" what are you doing" " you alright" Sometimes I wonder if his new line of work keeps him busy to the middle of the night. I have no proof but he tells me very little what's going on, mostly because he's exhausted. he does however answer my call every time but because of the sudden changes in behavior he might not be keeping things real. We use to miss each other terribly and I can't tell you the last time he told me that. in the past if we argued and I hung up on him he would call me back 550 times now lucky to get a call back within 2 hours. I think someone else is holding his interest, but he said he just working a lot so that I comfortable when I come to visit him. I will be there next month and not sure if I want to go lately we both have been saying some disrespectful things that he would have never said pre-marriage. my biggest thing is he say he he is going to call and then doesn't so basically a lie. I feel like if I am on your mind then he will call I can't make him do anything he doesn't want to do from his heart. if he is not calling he is not thinking about me I am only asking for a 30 second call not a long drawn out call. he did call me for 24 hrs yesterday and he knows how I feel about calling. I called him today and he said his screen broke on his phone. but his mother has my number and calls me often so I feel like there is no more excuses. feeling like this is a marriage for green card. should I cut m losses now while its still very early in the game

Most Helpful Guy

• [ Summary of your situation ]

1) The financial strain reduced how often you could call him, making communicating more difficult.

2) His baby's mama, who you know as a lier, spread some rumors than seemed fake to begin with.

3) You used to get a call back after an argument up to 550 times, now you are lucky to get a call within 2 hours

4) He's says he will call, but then doesn't.

[ From your own words: ]

1) I will be there next month and not sure if I want to go lately we both have been saying some disrespectful things that he would have never said pre-marriage.

2) feeling like this is a marriage for green card.

---- Advice section ----

I can completely see where your coming from, and why you would want to speak with him, especially as he is your husband. But the problem that your making is where your overanalyzing the situation. Look above and tell me where you see any faults in the relationship OTHER than the calling. Hear me out..

- Rather than having other priorities and letting him be part of your life, as your husband, you are making him your life.

If I were in his shoes, I would feel like you didn't trust me and that you were believing all these rumors from the baby mama, and that you didn't trust me enough to do what I had to do at work; I would also feel like your suffocating me. I can understand with a few calls a week, but 550 calls a day? It sounds like you both rushed into something you weren't ready for, because you were emphatuated with each other.

Moving onward, you stated that you think he is using you for a green card? That's not the case at all. If he was willing to stand by your side and not cheat on you, still being your husband (and you his wife) through all of this drama... Then he cares about you, but is frustrated with the situation.

This following part is gonna come across VERY rude, but it's not intended that way:

- You're acting like a whiny baby, but I can see where your coming from. In long distance relationships it's hard to survive without having that person next to you. Your emotions become tangled and you can start to do rather irrational things!... Find a hobby, get a job, go to school, do something to fill your mind and time enough that when you talk with him, you have something to talk about.

If you guys are constantly calling each other and going "Hi... How are you" "Good you" "Good.. bye" "bye"... The conversation is bland and quite frankly, uninteresting... Talk about anything that happened during your day, Eg:

"I was at the grocery store and the lady infront of me sneezed, getting it all over the apples I picked out.. Oh man, it was classic. I wish you would have seen it hun, my face was priceless".

- Doing this will help him be more at ease, that your not gonna jump ship, just like you're worried about him jumping ship for a green card.

Lol, just take a breather and talk with the man.

~ ArtistBBoy

• Thank you for the best answer, if I can help more for this situation- let me know. Also, next time you feel like your overanalyzing, send me a message and we'll talk about it. Have a good one :)

• Lol you must go out of your way to be the best answer cause your the best answer everywhere lol but ya man your awesome!

• I strive to give something that will help the person understand the situation and possibly help them.. Other than that.. I think everyone gives some good advice with a few exceptions :).. Thank you for the feedback Alistair

What Guys Said 7

• Wow, 30 days is not long,. For a relationship to work you must have faith that it will, believe that you both have common goals for it, each other and life. Trying to catch someone cheat means spying and prying and there‚Äôs always a chance that you will not catch them. With that being said.

I actually wrote some more about this on my site that deals mainly with relationship womens issues. Here is the link the the cheating story, I think it will help you:

link

• why don't you both live togeather? why wouldn't he come to you or vice versa?

• Foreign individuals (One american, one jamaican).

• She stated in the question that she has a financial status blocking them from talking more often on the phone, so I'm guessing it's money as the main issue.

• There is not financial issue regarding phone calls, we have int'l plans. He just makes it seem like his soooo driven to provide for his family so we can have a good life.

• You are so crazy, Jamaican guys? faithful? Long distance relationship? Yea ok if they're gay. Jamaican guys are notorious cheaters and any woman who thinks she can keep a Jamaican man from far away when his baby mada lives right in the same vicinity is insane. And you are American, no matter what would happen his family would never tell you because they get the green card benefits when he leaves you and files for them, that whole community must be snickering at you. If you really want to know what's going on ask one of their nosy neighbors that they don't "flex" with. Once a Jamaican guy isn't a super religious guy, or already has kids out of wedlock you'd be a nut to think you can tame him. (I'm Jamaican, I know.)

• I just want to find out why you have to put emphasis on Jamaican? Not all Jamaican men cheat. I know because I am a Jamaican male and I don't cheat!

• Can you say green card?

• Yeah well enjoy the marraige while it last which will be when he gets his green card divorces you and then gets his parnter and family into the US. Just get another one repeat etc try something else if you get tired of Jamaica...

• You obviously got a good answer, so there's not much need for me to explain seeing how I couldn't have said it better myself. however I think it would have been funny if you put the titled as is my jamaican man cheating on me... xD

What Girls Said 5

• Dr. Olorun Oduduwa I love to be on your testimonial page to spread my happiness. Your hard work and effort is greatly appreciated especially from me. My boy-friend is back home. We are back together. He pick me up from my station today. I haven't saw him in 6 month. I wasted so much time with other spell casters and should have stuck with you originally. You are a truly gifted spell caster and I just wanted to take the time to show how you and tell the world how grateful I am"thanks to Dr. Olorun, contact him if need his help on how to bring back your lost husband or boyfriend to your heart again on; Olorunoduduwaspiritualtemple@gmail.com

• " I am not the stereotypical american women who spends all her money on a Jamaican man. He worked hard as well. "

>>>>>>>> What does THAT mean - what exactly are you referring to , I am confused- please explain.

• There are these women that fall for Jamaican guys and send them money from other countries, so he builds a nice house and lives a good life, one day the money giver shows up to find he has a woman with kids in the house and she's been supporting them.

• cut the loses. marriage is hard when one of you won't move in and you can['t keep tabs oon him very well. thanks for tha green card

• It honestly sounds like he is only with you for convenience. I wouldn't rule out the fact that he married you for a green card. Someone who loves you wouldn't treat you like that, so its not love that is motivating him to be married to you. Cut your losses now.

• Cut your losses while you can this man is using you. This is not going to be a death do us part marriage I can call that right now. Plus he already has a baby with another woman in his small town that should have been a warning right there.

• I am worrried you might be right. But he always asked " on what basis are you ending our marriage". ...meaning I have no real proof of cheating or lying, he's right. It's just the changes in him and my instinct. Today he called me one time, this afternoon. Usually we would talk before retiring to bed. I know he think he's going to fix everything when I come in April, but I know wants I return home things will be the same. I am so confused, he seemed to genuine.

• 9 months isn't enough for anything.