Would it be alright with you if your future spouse didn't want a wedding or engagement ring?

• Yeah, I'd be cool with that
  • No, we have to get rings

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally would want to go with a wedding ring. I don't know, I like the tradition and the concept of it all. That being said, I wouldn't need anything super fancy. I just would want some form of a ring.

It not only shows to the public that you are "taken," but it also is a tangible reminder of your marriage and commitment. Sure, there is a certificate and stuff... but it just isn't the same. I feel like a ring is a part of marriage, and without it, something would just seem off.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its not that I would be particularly cool with it, I might not like it. But I wouldn't make a big deal out of it. Married is married ring or not.

What Guys Said 8

• Well, I don't want a wife in the first place so it doesn't matter to me.

• I'm totally fine with that! I just hope I do get married, though... someday! :P

• Wouldn't need a formal wedding ceremony. But would want to throw a cookout or something to celebrate with some family and friends.

• yes i would be good with that.

• that would be awesome

• That sounds like a plan.

• I'm cool with no wedding but a ring kind of shows that you are taken

• Diamonds are worthless rocks and jewelry is materialistic and pointless. Any woman who can see that is a good person to marry.

What Girls Said 6

• Hmm... If they really didn't want one, it'd be okay. But I'd prefer we did get rings, even if we just wore them on a chain as a necklace, seeing as that's what I'd want to do.

• I'd at least want a small wedding with loved ones. Eloping or a count room wedding doesn't interest me.
    And I like the idea of rings.
    So yeah, it would bother me a little tbh

• Rings or tattoos... yeah... I'd like everyone to know he's taken.

• Thatd be a dream

• I would be cool with it.

• What's the point of the wedding ring anyway?