Why does my Mom do this? Is she just excited/anxious?

I've only been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. He's my second boyfriend, I'm his first girlfriend. He's 28 & will be graduating from Pharmacy school in 1 week. I'm 25 & have been out of college for 3 years & have a steady job. My boyfriend wants to marry me - he's made that clear. My Mom, off & on, has been mentioning wedding dates & looking at rings & stuff. It's been awhile since she's said anything, then last night she goes. "You could get married 7/22/17!" & I go "Where the hell did you get that date?" Then she goes "Well your first date was 7/3 & he asked you to be his girlfriend on 7/25, so 25 - 3 is 22 & next year it's on a Saturday!" I stared at her... not that I'm opposed to getting married bc I AM 25 & I want a kid before I'm 30...

Is she just spit balling? Did anyone elses Mom do this? Did anyone's Mom plan the proposal with your bf?

I just don't know why she does it...

Updates:
My boyfriend HAS been talking about looking for a more fuel efficient car & saving money, & houses & stuff... but at the same time he finds hunting land up north that he wants to buy, so... I'm so confused & I dont like it :(

1|0
5|1

Most Helpful Guy

• she is one of those that loves weddings and everything that goes with it. so for her she cannt wait to start trying to plain your wedding for you.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• she just sounds super excited. i don't think it's a big deal. my mom doesn't do that with me and my boyfriend yet, but i think it's mostly because he and i are both still in school haha

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• Thats pretty damn cool if you ask me:) i'd listen to your mom and go for it if i were you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like she's super excited and wants to be the one to plan the wedding.

0|0
    0|0
  • She just sounds verrrrrrrry excited. Nothing wrong with that :)

0|0
    0|0
  • She is just excited and want to see you get married and be happy for you :)

0|0
    0|0