Why does my Mom do this? Is she just excited/anxious?

I've only been dating my boyfriend for 10 months. He's my second boyfriend, I'm his first girlfriend. He's 28 & will be graduating from Pharmacy school in 1 week. I'm 25 & have been out of college for 3 years & have a steady job. My boyfriend wants to marry me - he's made that clear. My Mom, off & on, has been mentioning wedding dates & looking at rings & stuff. It's been awhile since she's said anything, then last night she goes. "You could get married 7/22/17!" & I go "Where the hell did you get that date?" Then she goes "Well your first date was 7/3 & he asked you to be his girlfriend on 7/25, so 25 - 3 is 22 & next year it's on a Saturday!" I stared at her... not that I'm opposed to getting married bc I AM 25 & I want a kid before I'm 30...

Is she just spit balling? Did anyone elses Mom do this? Did anyone's Mom plan the proposal with your bf?

I just don't know why she does it...

My boyfriend HAS been talking about looking for a more fuel efficient car & saving money, & houses & stuff... but at the same time he finds hunting land up north that he wants to buy, so... I'm so confused & I dont like it :(

Most Helpful Guy

• she is one of those that loves weddings and everything that goes with it. so for her she cannt wait to start trying to plain your wedding for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• she just sounds super excited. i don't think it's a big deal. my mom doesn't do that with me and my boyfriend yet, but i think it's mostly because he and i are both still in school haha

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Thats pretty damn cool if you ask me:) i'd listen to your mom and go for it if i were you.

• Sounds like she's super excited and wants to be the one to plan the wedding.

• She just sounds verrrrrrrry excited. Nothing wrong with that :)

• She is just excited and want to see you get married and be happy for you :)