Married at 18?

good idea or not?

Most Helpful Guy

• really bad. you're just a kid hun.. I'm in my late 20's and aren't even ready to get married yet!

What Guys Said 3

• bad idea. I'm 21 and I'm still a kid.

• bad idea

• Mariage is the no 1 casue of divorce, depends if you have found someone you want to settle down with, most people are selfish and want to party till they are like 35 then get married.

What Girls Said 3

• horrible idea. You may think you know yourself, but in all honesty you have a vague idea of who you truly are at age of 18. You still have so much to experience and learn and you're still growing as a person. Who you are at 18 is going to be a shadow of who you are at 25. I'm not saying that you two need to break up and that you can't experience and grow together, you absolutely can. Doing that can be really fulfilling and bring you two a lot closer than you already are. Marriage isn't as easy as some people think it is. There's a lot of responsibility, emotionally and financially that goes into marriage. I definitely think you need to wait a few more years. Take some time, figure things out for yourself and your relationship and then rethink the marriage thing. You'll really know when the times right and you won't have to ask if its a good idea or not.

• If you're already having doubts about the stability of the union, its a bad idea. You should focus on why you are asking, what is it about marriage that's holding you back? Failure rates? Want to experience more (relationships, other people, self growth)? S/he may be the one for right now? Are you in love with your partner and if so are you on the same track as far as what you want in life? What's the rush?

• i don't think is a good idea;

but if you guys l o v e each other then you guys should wait a couple

of years don't you think?

cause you deserve the best.