We're GETTING MARRIED?

So my boyfriend asked me to marry him and I couldn't reply because I was in that much shock. So he then said he wants to get married in the next 2 years. Does he think I rejected him or does he think im not sure as he said that afterwards?

1) Since he's only 23 and wanting to get married at 25 and the bride will be 22 in 2 years, is that too young to have a big wedding? or medium sized wedding? Since we both will have just gotten out of university then. I'm just thinking ahead, since i'm planning to start saving now for the time ahead?

Please Answer ALL of the questions

Most Helpful Guy

• No one has any idea what your boyfriend is thinking. . . except your boyfriend. Haven't you had the follow-up conversation to tell him that the answer is "yes, yes, yes!"?

The size of your wedding is largely dependent on what you can afford, the size of your family and list of friends that you and your families will want to invite. The number of guests does not have much impact on the cost of the wedding ceremony, but a large wedding with a dinner and dancing can easily add $75-100 per person to the total cost. You need to have serious discussions with your parents about budget and sharing the costs of this event.

You should definitely begin saving money as soon as possible, and at least browse web sites to determine cost of renting venues, catering costs, etc., so that you can estimate a per person cost. This exercise may dampen your enthusiasm for a large wedding. When I got married in 2011, we had 130 guests, a catered full meal, open bar, and live band. The total cost was around $20,000.

Most Helpful Girl

• Congratulations!!! Mmm I have pretty strong opinions on this so hear me out first. I feel like both people should be well established and ready to take this step together before going through with it. So financials, family matters, living conditions, etc. All of these require significant time to figure out and at this point in your lives I don't think you have enough stability to be able to formulate a strong plan for the future. That's just my opinion on this. I do think it's young to be married, the size of the wedding will depend on your budget and how much you want to spend on what.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm glad you seem more realistic , it's somewhat young even in 2 years, but if you're both doing good financially and have a place to live then that's s good time

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it's too young however it just depends on the relationship. Weddings are expensive so its smart to think of a financial plan now yes, but don't book anything unless you have to.. because you never know if you two will change your mind like bills may be too much therefor you have to push it back. A big wedding is not dependent on age, just financial things I suppose.

• I think he added the two year part to clarify he doesn't want to get married immediately.
    You're both adults. You can get married whenever you'd like and have whatever sized wedding you would like. It's really up to you and him.

• Okay..
    Question 1
    Q- Does he think I rejected him or does he think i'm not sure as he said that afterwards?
    A- I think he thinks you're not sure or are scared.
    Question 2
    Q-Since he's only 23 and wanting to get married at 25 and the bride will be 22 in 2 years, is that too young to have a big wedding?
    A- Is it too young to have a big wedding? No, but is it young to get married? Yes. BUT if you two are in love then age is just a number, i know lots of people who got married young and are still going strong. SO BE VERY SURE YOU'RE READY especially if you're starting to save up now.
    Question 3
    Q- Since we both will have just gotten out of university then. I'm just thinking ahead, since i'm planning to start saving now for the time ahead?
    A- I don't know what the question is... :) :) :)

BTW- If i were you and SURE about EVERYTHING, i would have the biggest wedding known to mankind.. :) Good luck!

• I think getting married in early and mid 20's is too soon.

Though yeah it's smart to save up now because getting married will drain you of everything you have.

• What do you think of as a large wedding? Do you have a price set or certain things you want to include?

I wasn't there to gauge the situation but I don't think he feels that you said no. 2 years is a good amount of time to start squirreling money away.

I had a very nice wedding and we were 20 & 22.

Congrats by the way!

• My boyfriend talks about getting married to in the next two years I am 25 he is 27. I think its good to speak about that sorta things, so at least you know the relationship has a goal. I personally feel its best to get married after you have a career for many reasons. First and foremost; financial stability. Then since some careers can be demanding, you do not wanna get married and then have your husband say you changed because you give more attention to your job. Three if you two are stressed its easier to plan a vacation and destress, and lastly if you are about to have kids, it makes taking care of them easier. However, marriage is still serious and honorable. Marrying someone with a career shows that the person has some form of commitment and determination that may hopefully transcend into the relationship.