Is it common for girls to have this fear that no one will marry them?

I don't have a job. I am graduating with bad grades (not because of lack of effort, but because 1 of the years I had some pretty serious issues and it caused my cumulative to be mediocre).

I am pretty, maybe beautiful, but I don't want to be someone else's doll. I just don't know how I'm supposed to get out of this. I always wanted someone who would be my equal and consider me his equal, but I'm not even sure who I am anymore.

I figured maybe I should start looking for internships and then just focus on work so all these fears will go away.

Most Helpful Guy

• You (and the many Ladies below) confound me, truly...

Love is boundless, Love is hard, Love is the worst tears you will ever Cry. BUT, without Love, what is Life? What will do without Love?

NOW - before I draw fire from every corner, let me first explain that that I understand to a certain degree that "love", as you perceive it, may be "difficult" to find. And I get that many men can be assholes.

So can Women. Do you think we men are immune? I was hurt many times, when I was very young.

My point is, never shut the door to Love. You might find it where you least expect it. And sometimes, Love finds you.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should look for jobs and gain experience because you can't really do much with bad grades. but that is done so there's no time to worry and regret. it is going to be difficult, but stay strong. Everyone is going to be successful as long as they work hard. If you are going to do something, do it without fears, that way you won't crumble as easy as an insecure person.

I understood you have a fear of getting married because you don't want to be loved like a queen. That your partner puts you always first and so? I don't know what you mean by that.

you don't know who you are because you are empty. What defines a person is the things they love and are passionate (is that a word?). So the only thing you need to do to know one self is having passions. Also accepting you rights and wrongs, be it physical, mental or actions) knowing your limits is important too.

What Guys Said 13

• Yes, it's a common fear. Most men aren't good enough for any woman. There are only a small handful of men who are good enough for any woman, and so basically all women are scrambling to get a piece of one of these highly desirable males. But these males are in a powerful position in a seller's market and will never pay "marriage" for what they want, so all of those women are going to end up unhappy.

All of the women and most of the men are going to lead sad, miserable, lonely lives.

The alpha males are living the dream (for a while). But they're going to get sick and die.

• Just work on you right now figure what you want out of life. What kind of job you want and where you want to be. Don't worry about the poor grades. You are graduating at least! 😊 I'd say work on yourself. Then try to find someone. Thats what I'm doing. Dont want to bring other is my life atm cuz im being selfish and just working on me. And there is nothing wrong with that. You will find a great guy one day!

• It's common, just get your shit together, reach goals, and be Confident!

• I'm sure its common that all you dolls think you'll die in a house full of cats.

• Work on making your own way in the world, and you will be better prepared (and less desperate) if/when you do meet someone.

• come on. i have the same question with you , but we need to insist onstudying or looking a job. maybe good marks indicates a good future

• Pretty common. I've heard it expressed a lot. Also don't worry about the grades. I graduated with absolutely shitty grades, but with a little bit of patience and hard work, I am in a pretty good spot.

• I'm a male and I have this problem

• Work if you want, but a true man doesn't consider his wife as a doll just because she is a housewife.

• I didn't say I wanted to be a housewife. But I don't know about how successful I am going to be.

That is interesting you think this. I have never heard a guy say this.

• Why? I'm from Sweden, I think not all of the American men are pragmatist in relationship. I believe if there is a child, his/her mother can educate better. My father had a good wage and asked my mom to quit job. Then, I grow up with seeing my mom always) Also me and my sister had usually highest grades in the classes. It is just work of my mother's caring on us.

• yep, just have an open hearth and someone would come dont fear that

• For the most part, guys don't care about your career success. We may try to be supportive, if we care about you. If we're married, its convenient if you earn a lot. But as long as you contribute in some way to the relationship (which you can do with a job or in the home) and you're compatible and into him...

• I have a similar fear that I will be alone my whole life because I'm inexperienced and lack of experience is a turn off to most girls and you end up in a catch-22 where you can't get any experience to fix the problem because your inexperience stops you from getting any experience. Therefore you are stuck alone your whole life.

• yes, focus on yourself and you will attract the best for you, that's really the point.

Also, can you please help me with my thread? would me of much help tbh.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1994946-is-my-ex-toying-with-my-emotions-while-looking-for-some-other-d-ck-to

What Girls Said 15

• I think it's not the fact that nobody will marry them but the fact that you'll be with that one person forever. In life, being married isn't everything. There's more to it than just love. Financial issues, family crisis, careers, choice of having children. Being in love and getting married without a secure living is hard. Focus on your goals and marriage will find its way to you when it's ready. Enjoy your time whilst you got it. There's more years to come for you to find your significant other.

• No I am not, I am a very strong women, who will accept if she does not find a ┬Ętrue love" I am a women who does not always need someone there for me, but I do want to get married. If I do, then so be it, just don try to find a man, be yourself.

• yup! But i don;t want get married.

• I know for a fact nobody will ever marry me. I'm not even good enough to date, never mind marry. Pretty much been told so a number of times, so it's never going to happen for me.

• People can be very rude sometimes, but don't let them get to you. You will find someone out there, it may just take a while.

• @Grungenoreos I'm sorry you've had to deal with similar issues like me, it really hurts and I wish nobody had to go through it. I think some of us aren't allowed to be as happy as other people can be, like we're not worthy of being loved and admired like other people. It's just not worth putting the effort into.

• Itmay not be everywhere but it is kind of common. I have the same feeling. Like no one would ever marry my ugly ass. *sighs*

• And you say this... why? I am deeply confused, now.

• Trust me, when you least expect it, Love will find You.

• @Married-in-PA I won't believe it until I see it. I am actually working on developing my curves because all the guys I like dont find skinny and curveless attractive.

• I fear that no one will ever want to be with me too. I know it's hard but I try praying about which helps.

• You should focus on what makes you happy. Because what else do you have? You can't guarantee that the ONE will walk into your life at just the right time. The only thing you can do for yourself is to do what you know will make you happy.

• Lol u r in the same situation as me😂 do tell me when you find a right answer for this

• That is very very very common lol I feel that way all the time, and a lot of my girl friends do to, but don't worry you'll find man.

• It's a common worry.

• You're on the right track, focus on yourself and your short term goals, go out with friends, love yourself again.

• Ahah I fear this too.

• yeah, but im thankful for my mom cuz she said she would find me someone :) i dont have to worry about it now. the sad thing is that he won't be the guy i want :(

• Same fear here...

• At such a young, tender age? Profoundly Confused...

• @Married-in-PA its not that i dont think i'll get married, its not that hard to find someone and get married, but i want to do much more with my life, marriage isn't my main priority whatsoever. seems stressful and i can't imagine just being stuck with someone forever. so unless i find someone i actually genuinely care about and want to be with forever, i dont want to get married

• and opinion owner, how old are you? im sure you are beautiful but if you are very young, most boys are very immature dont pay attention to them

• It's 2016 women are not considered property anymore