What age is the best for a girl to marry?

I ran out of poll options. Feel free to post your thoughts. Im not advocating it just remember most of our great grandmothers were married at 13.

• below 16
  • 16-18
  • 18-20
  • 20-25
  • 25-29
  • 29-32
  • 32+

Most Helpful Girl

• In her 20's.

• I can't imagine walking down the isle in my thirties.

What Guys Said 6

• When she is ready for it. Which unfortunately is probably not when she thinks she's ready for it.

For a woman pursuing a profession, it will probably be later than someone who is not.

• 25-29 i would say

• The older the better, the younger they are the more stupid they tend to be and they haven't developed a proper sense of self or what they want. No offense. lol

• Sometimes true but considering how many 25+ people still live with their parents these days that point seems ireleavant

• The same thing goes for women, a person needs to have lived on their own without freeloading before it's practical to marry them and live with them, otherwise it'll be like picking up a leach. lol

• Very true. Although many new couples are still traditional

• It is funny that so far the majority has voted 2 categories above the reality.

• Well certainly not before 30

• 25 to 30 is the best age to marry for both the men and women.

• for men I think its 30+ as nen are much more willing and able to settle down.

• yep. think about what each sex desire in a partner emotionally, financially and sexually. What age would that be for most in your opinion?

• I don't know what are you asking?

What Girls Said 8

• I say 25-29 because of the way life things line up. Assuming a standard progression, you graduate high school at 18, college at 22, and work for 2-3 years coming out at 25 then go to grad school and finish around 27-28 (depending). So by that time I feel like most of the big changes in life have settled which I think is an important thing in marriage. For me personally marriage doesn't hold THAT much importance in the sense of when it happens. If I'm already with the guy and we both know it's in our futures, I won't stress about it.

• I got married at 24, old for the Asian culture. Hmong girls usually marry around 18.

• Studies show that the least likely age that you marry to get divorced is 16-18 year olds and those over 35

• I say 25-29. By that time you've gained a lot of life experience and could have grown as a individual. You would likely have a more steady job then as well which could help you keep your independence without having to rely on someone else. I think that's important. I don't plan on getting married before 25. I want a job and want to build some wealth by myself before marriage.

• You realise you can do that at if married at any age. This isn't 1950 your allowed to get an education and career while married, your husband might be doing the same.

• what I said was that women can do those things in a marriage not just before, if men can why can't women, Im married and am attending college and working part time. The beauty of being married at least financially is that two people can pool their resources and support each other.

• Everyone can have their own opinion. I'm just saying I PERSONALLY don't want to marry too young and will only do so after 25. Not everyone who is young have the same mentality as you and I and will understand the importance of building their own life without relying too much on someone for everything. I know a girl from my school who is now completely reliant on her husband and they have a baby. If he leaves tomorrow he'll be fine but if he leaves her behind, she has nothing as he paid for everything and has the job. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about here. Some girls don't think shit through. I'm not one of those and I have a clear idea of my goals in life. I'm not going to change that about me.

• Lol my great grand mother was not married at 13.

• well mine was lol

• Yeah because children can't be trusted to make huge life decisions, especially when it involves living with someone twice their age or more.

• marriage at consensual sex at age sixteen is legal here in Britain between consenting adults. I dont get Americans romeo juliet laws that say its ok too have sex at a certain age as long as your man isn't five years older in which case he's a sex offender. Thats bonkers.

• ummm how old was your great grandmother because mine sure wasn't married at 13...

• she was fourteen and her mother was twelve.

• Britain

• That sounds crazy... and certainly wasn't like that around here. Maybe your family is older than mine? My great grandmother's are like 90

• Mid- to late twenties. The brain is fully developed by that point, meaning your personality is more or less fully set. Most people are settled in a career by then and can thus afford a wedding and a new life with someone.

• People mature these days in their late twenties and even then many still live with their parents. Having a career and affording a big wedding does not equal a successful marriage if the divorce rate is anything to go by.

• Who died and made you queen of the universe? "If it affects me, that's all that should matter to the rest of the world." --> you

• Do I live in Iraq. What makes you think you can dictate the laws of another country?

• +25 For me