How long do u wait for marriage or when's good time to get married in a relationship?

So my question is when do u it right to purpose or be purpose to.

I feel like after 1 year of dating and 1 year of living together after that I'll purpose.

So basically two years. I feel like if your with them for a year then u know that person. The
second year u really see that true person because ur living with them.
You can see their flaws and all.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Never. Marriage is not a step you need to take. You sign a piece of paper and waste thousands of dollars celebrating that, and when the relationship collapses it's just needlessly harder to get out of it.

What Girls Said 10

• i think at least 2 years is reasonable.

my boyfriend and i will be celebrating 2 awesome years together in November of this year. he's hinted that a proposal is coming, though he doesn't want a long engagement... similarly, i don't see the point of being engaged for 5+ years.

(i can understand a longer engagement due to money or health issues. but, beyond those two, there's not really any excuse.)

• NEVER.

• Personally don't really care about marraige but will do it if the guy does, or if he proposes. 2-4 years I donno a proposal too early would freak me out and the fiance part can last awhile.

• I don't know. After I feel that I have improved myself/behaviors and after my mom announces it's time. :D

• It's when you believe that person will make a good husband or wife. It may take a few months, maybe closer to a year, maybe longer.

• You have to live with each other for two years

• When your ready

• 2-3 years plus, If both of you have saved enough money to build a family and be independent.

• I agree, I think a year of dating, a year of co ha biting is good

• I think it also depends on when you met and what stage of life you are in. I think a couple that has known each other for a while and been good friends for years but just started dating a year or two ago might end up getting married sooner. But a couple that literally just met on the first date might wait longer, like 3 or more years, because they've only known each other for 3 years.
    I think it also depends on your stage in life. I have friends that will be celebrating their 4 year (dating) anniversary soon, but that's because they started dating freshman year of college and had no interest in getting engaged/married when they were still in school (and still living in a dorm, lol). Now they graduated, but still want to wait a little bit since they are both saving money by living at home. I think they will get engaged within the next year, but they're waiting because they want to save money to get a place together, and then want to see what it's like living together before gettign married.

What Guys Said 3

• There's no wait, since I don't believe in marriage anyway.

• 2-3 years of dating before you get married. Without living together.

• Well pretty much saying what you're saying, so figure 2-3 years I guess