Want to get married in 6 months but not in a relationship. How can I do it?

I want to get married at the end of this year or beginning of next year so I'm thinking of signing up on an online dating site. How do I get the person I'm matched with to propose to me and get married within 6 months.

Most Helpful Guy

• There’s always going to be pressure coming at you from all sides to do the “right thing.” It will come at you from acquaintances, coworkers, friends, family, and the women you date—all of whom think they have it all figured out and want nothing more than to bring you down to their level. This raises a question: What is the “right thing” in this day and age?
    Did a guy who’s on the brink of getting divorce-raped by his unappreciative wife do the “right thing” when he put a ring on it without doing his due diligence first? When a woman destroys herself from a steady diet of loser cock and settles for a man she isn’t all that attracted to and doesn’t respect—is she doing the “right thing”?
    Is it the “right thing” to bring children into the world only for them to be raised in a split household by a selfish and conniving single mother, and by a father who’s nothing more than a demoralized wallet stuck on the wrong side of the looking glass?
    Is it the “right thing” to treat a self-absorbed career woman like pure gold, when in reality she’s just a step above pure shit? As all women descend further and further into moral turpitude, is it the “right thing” to show them respect just because they demand it, yet posses no qualities that actually command it?
    Society says: “Yes sir, these are all the right things!” Funny, isn’t it? How everything that is supposedly the “right thing” for a man seems to be nothing more than a one-way ticket to shattered self-respect at best, or complete annihilation at worst. If a man is willing to tow the line and allow society to dictate his behavior, his decisions, and his values—then that man is on the fast-track to failure and ruin. The bottom line is this: being a crowd-pleaser will get you nowhere, and if people hate on you and think you’re an asshole for marching to the beat of your own drum—then fuck’em.
    There is no “right thing” anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

• You sound like my sister in law. She wanted to be married before her younger brother, my husband. She met a guy on a dating site, got engaged 3 months later and married 4 months after that. She also wanted to beat the amount of time it took because another sibling got married in a year. Now all she does is complain about her marriage. Doing this foolish idea will damage your relationship with family members. She is now miserable because she married someone she didn't know. I don't think it'll last more than 2 years. If attention is what you are looking for, this is not the answer.

• Was it worth it to her?

• To still be first?

• Seriously? Did you not read what I wrote? She is in a marriage with a guy that she shouldn't have married. She threw everything out the window and only focused on being first. This is not a game. You need to get your priorities out of whack. I think counseling might be something you should look into. This is not a healthy way to look at marriage.

What Guys Said 11

• Realistically I doubt that could be happen and it would be all done in a haste.

Do you really expect just about any guy to quickly marry you within 6 months? Do you really think that is realistically possible?

And even if you did marry in this case scenario then it's best to wait and see if things are actually working out in the first year or two between the two of you before making any further big life changing decisions such as having kids. Compared as to someone you've known for a very long time and had developed a really strong level of trust and understanding of. Otherwise if something goes bad or wrong, it would be that much difficult to split up and start all over again.

• Marriage for marriage sake huh... good luck wit that. Oh since on a scale of 1-10, the chances of a guy proposing and marrying you within 6 months is like "0"... might i recommend that you run point on this one...
    meaning, You find the guy, You ask the guy out, You take him out on dates, You do the proposing, You set the marriage. Other than that... we'll see your single self here in 6 months :)

• How can I convince for a proposal? Girls don't propose

• They have this sort of set up thing in Japan. It would suit you to the tee. They provide a male model, and help you pick a dress (which you won't need) and do your makeup and hair, and turn get a professional photographer to take some photos of you and the model together.
      But seriously, it's very alarming that you're having these thoughts. Be realistic. Marriage is FOR LIFE. If you're that desperate, then convince a make friend to dress up and get photos with you.
      I use to be desperate to get married, but not THIS desperate. I'm 30 now, and still not married, but feeling ok with it.

You need some therapy. This isn't a competition for who can get married first or whatever.

• @helpmealitttle the desperation fades overtime... happily, i didn't have to wait till 30. i was 23 when mine faded. I began to see what women really were at 21...
      lol and don't quote japan, the have shit that honestly... baffles me.

• yeah this is ill-fated. even if you met someone today the chances are you will not know enough about them to wisely enter into marriage. i hate to be a naysayer but even if you met someone, got married this year i'd almost guarantee that it would end badly

don't set dates to do something that are 100% dependent on another person unless you have that person in your life and have discussed your goals with them

• But the other girl on here said her sister in law got married in 7 months. If I make sure I love a person and wouldn't be miserable with me it could work

• @spazzy94 i mean maybe... just maybe she finds that guy. maybe she breaks the mold. maybe in the next 7 months she meets, gets to know, gets engaged, and marries teh guy she'll spend her life with

but the odds are against it. for her sake i hope she heeds the advice being offered and doesn't rush things that don't need to be rush

• I'm the one that talked about the 7 months person she mentioned. My sister in law married her now husband after 7 months and he was just as desperate as her. She was offered all this advice but like sunflower555 all she wanted was to be first so she didn't listen and is now in an unhappy marriage. Sunflower555 has no impact on my life but with the impact of my sister in law actions I know that if sunflower555 does this she will more likely than not screw herself doing this.

• Wat? No.

You don't "decide to get married" before you even have a partner in mind.
    That's an awful idea.

• Don't do it, it's a big decision and should not be taken lightly. Marriage is serious, you should the other person very well or your life can become a hell. You're still young, you have plenty of time to get married, it doesn't have to be now.

• I'm not taking it lightly. I'm ready to be married

• If we spend a lot of time together it could.

• Okay, but keep in mind what I said just in case...

• why does your profile say otherwise?

• Good luck with that one. Let us know how that goes.

• Are you in a race. Is this some backdoor wager. Explain. Sounds a bit hasty to me in fact it sounds ridiculous

• You're insane...

• I won't ask how? But why?

• Put yourself up for sale on one of those mail order bride sites...

What Girls Said 4

• Omg. You need help. I'm sorry, but ths question makes me extremely frustrated. You want a WEDDING, not marriage. If you cared about the actual marriage, then you would put more thought into meeting someone who was compatible with you. An abuser can hide his real side for the first 6 months, and then what are you gonna do when you find out who he really is? Not to mention, you're still in the honeymoon phase of a relationship at 6 months. You need to spend time to settle with this other person and figure out if you can both tolerate living together.
    This isn't a competition, and while I know society can put a lot of pressure on people to get married, you have to take the time to choose the right person first. Who cares if your brother is getting married next year. He's been with his girlfriend long enough to know that he wants to be with her for the rest of his life. Just chill!

• Don't get married just to get married. Finding the right person takes time. I read that the "honeymoon period" (where you don't see or easily forgive your partner's fatal flaws) lasts approximately two years. Heck, I would've married my boyfriend if he asked within the first year of us dating, but now we've been together almost 2 years and I'm about to leave him.

• I don't care about that stuff. I have to be married before next summer

• No. I just want to be married before my brother

• Well if you rush marriage, you'll either be divorced or miserable in a couple years time. You gotta look at the big picture.

• Honestly it's probably not going to happen. Why do you want to get married so quickly and with a max, 6 month relationship? You might not even love the person.

• Personal reasons

• That's literally no reason at all lol.. You don't have to get married first because you're older. No one expects that.

• @Asker your brother found the girl, and as you said, they've been together for a long time. Marriage isn't a game nor a competition. Those 6 months of first being in a relationship are exactly like the "honeymoon phase" everything is beautiful. But then BOOM, u find yourself stuck with a guy and you did the biggest mistake ever. Which is rushing your marriage and finding out that you had thought of it better coz u really can't bare your life with that guy who you once thought would be the guy that would save you. and all that why? just to get married before your brother? Who cares who gets married first? Thats written for him. Do you want to make your life miserable just to get married faster than your brother? You really need to reconsider this.

• Getting married in 6 months is not impossible but... Good luck with that.