Do think that marriage is the ultimate goal of love?

• yes explain why
  • no explain why
  • other reason explain why

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really. It's the ultimate commitment, but not the ultimate expression of love. Dealing with another human is hard, and mostly mundane and monotonous. Which is why later in life, exploration for many couples happen.

I think the ultimate expression of love is just, loving someone. All their faults, all their insecurities, everything. And just let them be who they are.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope the ultimate goal is to stay with that person until you die and your love for them never falters. Even then that's not really a goal since you should want to do that naturally.

What Guys Said 13

• I will admit that at one point in my life I will get married, but I think the ultimate goal in love is to find that special someone that you can have that open communication and build a strong bond of trust with the other person. Marriage is just a title in society.

• There is no "goal" in love. If there were, it certainly wouldn't be a manmade event.

• Like a few others have said, i don't think there IS a "goal" to love. If there was a goal, what would you do after you achieved it?

Maybe finding love is a goal, but there is no goal within love itself. Once you have found love, its more about having someone to rely on and someone to support you through life while you set out to accomplish other goals.

• Marriage is about raising a family. Attraction to the opposite sex is really kind of tangential to it.

• There are plenty of married couples with no kids

• So if you get a girl pregnant during a casual fling will you marry her?

• I never had casual flings. I didn't have sex with women I didn't know reasonably well. I find it can take a long time to really get to know The one question I would always ask myself is could I accept having a child with this woman. I'd certainly consider that I have a relationship to her and our child for the rest of my life. It might turn out to be a bad idea to get married if I couldn't get along with her or her with me.

• Not really. I'd be more likely to say the opposite, love is the ultimate goal of marriage.

• Marriage to me is just a piece of paper. Marriage can be a consequence of love, but you can have a long term relationship without marriage. Some may argue it's easier to stray if your not married, but I really don't think that would hinder it. Children are a good reason to be married for multiple reasons, although not required.

• No... I think loving together after you're like 50-60-100 years old, is the goal of love.
    In my eyes.. marriage is just a paper... making it official towards the rest of the people, but sometimes love fades away... yet they stay married..

• Marriage is just a title (and you file your taxes together). Marriage usually leads to kids, and kids are annoying.

• Marraige is the ultimate goal for divorce lawyers and event organisers

• For lesser income earner, it's the ultimate goal of getting cash and prizes. For the breadwinner, it's lifetime of being an indentured servant to the state with a gun to their head to ensure the servants are working.

• yeah, it's the final step, a show of true, never ending commitment.

• No. Marriage is the ultimate goal of alimony and gold digging whores.

What Girls Said 10

• No the goal of love isn't to get married. its to love someone deeply. U can't define love by marriage. Sure id love to be with someone i love for the rest of my life but life gets in the way and who knows if ill ever find a guy i love as much as the one im still trying to get over and probably still won't.

• No, I believe the goal of love is love. Marriage does not need to come into the equation.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...6023d460c3.jpg

• I wouldn't express it like that but it's the ultimate step to show commitment and how strong (you think) your love is in a relationship.

• its part of the process but not the ultimate goal. the ultimate goal is finding someone to be happy with for your entire life. A person you're able to laugh with, relate to, be best friends with and build a family

• No it what comes out of it

• in a utopia where love is real and lasts yes

• Yes and having a family.

• No. Not everyone wants to gets married.

• I believe love after marriage, so I guess no then?
    :p

• i think child are