Are you thinking of getting married, or do you find ridiculous?

I'm not getting married, it's a big responsibility.

• I find it ridiculous.
  • I find logical.

Most Helpful Girl

• Having parents with 25 years together and grandma and grandpa married for +50 years until death did them part I don't see why it wouldn't work.
    You just have to get into marriage for the right reasons. And that is also marrying someone who isn't just your lover but your best friend as well. No marriage will ever be perfect but you have to know what you're getting into and not get married after dating for 3 months like most celebs these days who break up after less than a year and have to pay large sums for it most of the time. And also not marry for the sex, will end in divorce for sure.
    Know who you're marrying and don't just assume things. Ask for a outsiders outlook on your relationship because it can help greatly as they sometimes see things you don't.

But yeah perhaps one day, but not anytime soon.

• A nice article, I'm going to read it immediately, maybe because I can have a read and call the interpreter is too long. :D

• I take it as we should never marry ever 😛

• This is a good thing, long the writer is the person who can express himself well. And still I'm waiting for a translator.😂

Most Helpful Guy

• 12
    4

What Guys Said12
    MHO%
    Anonymous
    Anonymous
    (30-35)
    3sec
    There’s always going to be pressure coming at you from all sides to do the “right thing.” It will come at you from acquaintances, coworkers, friends, family, and the women you date—all of whom think they have it all figured out and want nothing more than to bring you down to their level. This raises a question: What is the “right thing” in this day and age?
    Did a guy who’s on the brink of getting divorce-raped by his unappreciative wife do the “right thing” when he put a ring on it without doing his due diligence first? When a woman destroys herself from a steady diet of loser cock and settles for a man she isn’t all that attracted to and doesn’t respect—is she doing the “right thing”?
    Is it the “right thing” to bring children into the world only for them to be raised in a split household by a selfish and conniving single mother, and by a father who’s nothing more than a demoralized wallet stuck on the wrong side of the looking glass?
    Is it the “right thing” to treat a self-absorbed career woman like pure gold, when in reality she’s just a step above pure shit? As all women descend further and further into moral turpitude, is it the “right thing” to show them respect just because they demand it, yet posses no qualities that actually command it?
    Society says: “Yes sir, these are all the right things!” Funny, isn’t it? How everything that is supposedly the “right thing” for a man seems to be nothing more than a one-way ticket to shattered self-respect at best, or complete annihilation at worst. If a man is willing to tow the line and allow society to dictate his behavior, his decisions, and his values—then that man is on the fast-track to failure and ruin. The bottom line is this: being a crowd-pleaser will get you nowhere, and if people hate on you and think you’re an asshole for marching to the beat of your own drum—then fuck’em.
    There is no “right thing” anymore.

What Girls Said 17

• I'm indifferent to it; if I end up with a guy who wants to get married, cool. If not? Also cool. It isn't mandatory in my books.

• I 1st met my boyfriend 5 years ago and always had a thing for him, we were best friends for months (can't remember how many but at least 5) and have been going out for a little over 7 now.

I do really like him: He's cute & has a great and rare personality though does make mistakes like any other human and he keeps going on about wanting to marry me in the future.

Now don't get me wrong, I do really like him and I do want things to work out but I don't feel like I want to marry him or at least I don't feel like that yet. The thought actually scares me a bit but I do WANT to feel the same and I certainly don't want us to break up. I think getting married is logical when you both feel that way toward each other and hope I feel the same as my boyfriend does too as I do want things to work out and think he'd be a good husband. I perhaps just need more time, I find it takes me longer to really get into someone: I like to take things slow & steady.

• I don't really find it ridiculous or logical. I think I'd quite like to get married.

• I've had thoughts about it, I go back in forth with wanting to get married or not wanting to get married, I don't see myself getting married at all any time soon, I don't know if I find it reasonable anymore, but I can see the importantance of it to some people.

• I will get married... not anytime soon tho😅😅

• I agree , it is a big responsibility, but I know I'm emotionally, mentally and financially prepared for marriage.

I love the idea of marriage and the family unit. I'm very family oriented.

• I'd love to get married one day.

• Am actually getting married on the 10th September. :)

• I want to get married in the future.

• meh... i'd love to get married one day

• Hopefully one day

• I do wanna get married someday. The way I see it, it's like the next step in a relationship, a very big one for that matter. Leveling up.

• Neither. Just not interested.

• i definitely want to get married.

• I'm not opposed to getting married, but it's not my life goal.

• I want to marry my boyfriend, we been best friends since I was 7 years old.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 16

• "Are you thinking of getting married" fuck naw, why would I tie myself down to 1 women + run the risk of losing anything I may have in the future worth taking? LOL

• Any more marriage is a legal contract with a sleu of legal benefits that I think you need to consider if you plan on staying with a partner long term but the idea of it being a major life goal is a unwanted standard in our society.

• I'd like to eventually. But way later, not now. Maybe not even in this decade.

• I don't find the idea of marriage ridiculous and I do look forward to it when I'm ready.

• Someday I might. All depends on the girl I'm with.

• This is what I'm afraid of. If I never get married, I'll die a virgin!

• Well i don't find it ridiculous , just waiting until the right time comes for marriage

• I don't know about ridiculous but I don't believe it's necessary to be happy with someone forever. Yes it is a big responsibility and most guys don't want to at your age, that's normal.

• Probably not especially if they aren't making good money also. I don't really believe in marriage I honestly believe 90% of the time relationships don't work out so why waste a bunch of money and time and assets on something that is not gonna work

• I wanma get married one day but i dont wanna go to a wedding, id die
    Dancing infront of everyone.. Nope.
    Just do it in prvt lol

• im looking forward to get married one day, i can't wait for it.

• I'm not religious and wouldn't do it for religious reasons, but I still wanna do it one day

• i'll be marrying rainie_

• So, you rather have a physical relationship with a woman outside marriage?

• I almost got married to a very devout Catholic woman, but I just couldn't reconcile my personal scientific beliefs with organized religion.

Now, I don't think I'll ever get married, because I don't have any trust in atheist/agnostic women to be faithful.

• It's stupid, why should I need to prove to the goverment that we're together? It's none of their business