Do you stereotype foreign women as gold diggers?

Why do so many people assume when a woman marries an American man it's for citizenship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know but im Hopping the pond and supporting myself (independantly) to prove a point to my family who will more likely than not assume it when i decide to tell them. In fact when they offer to help me after having accused such or at least thought it ill respectfully tell them im appreciate it but plan to support myself. For at least five years till till i can't get citizenship. Rather than sponge off them or let alone good dig to get married🙄. The assumptionstions are extremely annoying but i guess you just have to deal with them and make your own decisions accordingly.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't stereotype them or make any assumptions about them. But on the other hand I know it's pretty common for women form some countries to marry western guys to get a green card (or whatever the equivalent is in other countries). Getting a green card is different than being a gold digger though. Some of them will marry just about anyone to get a green card, even if the guy is dirt poor.

It's common enough that I think any guy who plans on marrying someone from one of those countries at least should consider that she only wants a green card. A lot of guys won't care.

What Girls Said 12

• Lol I would never marry an American man for his citizenship or money. I'm happy with being Tunisian, it's my identity, and as far as money goes, my father is already spoiling me so if money was all I cared about , I wouldn't need to marry an American or anybody else.
    If I marry an American it would be because I love him, nothing more.

• Gosh..
    If i marry a foreigner man ever then i will still have my own Georgian citizenship. I like being Georgian and I love living here. I am proud , self-respectful and career-oriented, i have my own goals about Georgia and I prefer not to marry an American at all rather than being assumed that i marry him for citizenship.

• "Why do so many people assume when a woman marries an American man it's for citizenship"?" Because people are getting crazier as days pass by unfortunately "

• I have a white ex that married a woman for US citizenship so it isn't only reserved to 'foreign women' xD

• Nope because it is common for the people in here (my culture) to marry girls from back home. I mean it was pretty common but now I think things have changed but anyway,

we (girls) are somewhat warned by our guardians and brothers to be careful when it comes to foreign guys though because they tend to marry girls from here just to come here. Of course not all guys are like that.

• No because I'm smart enough to realise that the vast majority of stereotypes are just straight out bullshit. :P

• Sometimes when i see a beautiful young girl with a real old dude that looks like 70, i think that girl knows how to please him 😮😳

• I don't want to be judgmental.. I think not all young women who marry older men are gold diggers. Sometimes love is present. We should stop thinking about them and let's be happy for them.

• This is because in pretty much all the countries in the world, marriages of convenience are normal practice. Some people don't put much value on marriage so they assume pretty much everyone who gets married has an ulterior motive outside of love.

• Because everyone knows someone like that. So it becomes the known story.

• i personally hate how guys are in my country... so i prefer foreign ones
    im proud of my nationality and want to earn my own money even if the man i marry is rich

• Not all foreign women - only the mail order brides. Why? Well, that's why the service exists... Let's be real. To hook up aging guys with money with younger foreign chicks who want to move out of Thailand or Russia.

What Guys Said 14

• Nah, there are many other ways to know for certain if someone is actually a gold digger or not instead of jumping to conclusions that if they are from another country then they must be one.

• I would never assume that a girl's a gold digger just because she's foreign. I'd only be suspicious if her visa was about to expire or something like that so she would have to return to her home country which she openly hates then all of the sudden she wants to marry me

• Depends on the situation. But just because a "non-American" woman marries an American man, doesn't mean that they're after papers. My dad was an illegal and married my mom which was a U. S. citizen. They've been married for 29 years now. So no, I don't see foreign women as "gold diggers".

• Because most likely its a woman from a third world country seeking a better life in America.

• I expect white women to be gold diggers more than any other race. That said, it doesn't make sense for them to be since good ol uncle sam takes money out of our pay checks and pays women to pop out kids that will never grow up to be fully functioning members of society.

• No, passport diggers have switched for Canadian and Australian men a long time ago. No guns and decent healthcare FTW!

• Yes. They are barely a step above prostitutes. I similarly stereotype Western men as creepers barely a step above Johns who are exploiting another human being's poverty because they cannot get a Western woman to love them.

• you dont need to marry a belgian man for citizenship, just walk across the border, oh my bad we dont have one.

• No i stereotype foreign women as preferable over my illustrious fellow country women

• because people are jackasses...

• Because they do?

• I stereotype myself as a gold digger

• Nope, not some racist right wing

• I don't know maybe it just started out as a joke and now it's a stereotype.