People who don't want children, do you still want to get married?

• I'd like to get married and have children
    36%(5)28%(7)Vote18%(2)
  • I'd like to get married but not have children
    36%(5)40%(10)Vote45%(5)
  • I'd like to have children but not get married
    0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
  • I don't want marriage or children
    14%(2)24%(6)Vote37%(4)
  • Other
    14%(2)8%(2)Vote0%(0)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm kinda in between A and C. While I'd definitely liked to get married despite the obvious risk of it not working out (nothing worth having will be "risk free") I'm not hell bent on having children. It's not that I feel like children are a burden, but is a really big responsibility and assuming the child is healthy and safe I'm looking at about 17 or 18 years of raising a child, and that's assuming we only have 1, and the idea of that isn't that appealing to me. Of course this is me now and what I feel could certainly change in another 5 to 8 years where I'll be in a better position to raise a family, but if my future mate didn't want kids I wouldn't fight her about it at all. I figure the time, money, and effort spent raising a kid or two could be spent completely on each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd like to get married and I'm unsure about kids. But my gut says no. But I do get baby fever sometimes. Like the other night I had a dream I had a baby and woke up feeling really empty without one.

Who knows, I guess..

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• They are separate to me (ie. if I was expecting a child I don't necessarily think that means you have to get married). I don't think you have to be married legally to be happy and with someone for the rest of your life. Marriage is all for women in my opinion, very few benefits for the man (a separate issue though). To answer your question, I'd still consider marriage regardless of children. I don't think I want either though but never say never. With the right women who knows? Maybe I'd change my mind.

• D, Option B is highly unrealistic for me although I have consider it. And if it does happen I'd probably be in my mid 40s or early 50s.

• No, marriage is just retarded in my mind why waste all this money for some boring-ass ceremony where your 50% likely to divorce and then have a massive hassle on your hands.

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend and I don't want children, but we probably will get married at some point. Legally it just makes things easier in the long run.

• I don't really know if I will have children or not as it's not something I am guaranteed so I would still get married

• I don't want kids but I do want marriage.

• Lots of people believe in marriage, but not in having kids.
    To each their own.

• See, marriage seems fun. You get a ride or die companion. Spawning brats does not seem fun. It seems like ~20 years of stress and being taken for granted and having no money to do anything fun because Jimmy needs braces and Cathy wants dance lessons.

• I'll let fate take its course.