Do you want to get married?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes! One day I would like to get married for sure. Probably with kids ideally but I'm not quite certain on that.

Naturally, I'd want to find the right person to get married with though. I think one of the reasons why many marriages fail is because they happen during the fiery passion stage but burn out before they get to the warm compassionate love stage.

I also figure that once I get married, I am going to stick with it the best I can. A lot of other marriages fail is because divorce is seeked too fast instead of working out problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, nope, never

What Guys Said 76

• I'd rather be running late getting home and have my future wife calling to see I'm all right, than have my 80-year-old grandma constantly checking in on me. If I got married, maybe my grandma would learn to relax a little. And if I have to have a woman constantly keeping tabs on me like she's a freaking probation officer, I'd much prefer it be the one I can have kids with than the one who randomly brings up embarrassing memories of when I was 6.

• I don't see a reason for marriage. Why do we have to have a contract? A relationship can be the same as a marriage, but without the contract.

I want to find a woman with whom I spend the rest of my life with, have kids and all that, but I don't know if I'll get married, given how there's no reasons for it.

• Well for starters, you can walk out anytime when your not married, and no body has to hold you accountable for keeping your relationship and family together.
      With marriage you are obligated and heald accountable before God and family (witnesses) to keeping your marriage intact. You can't walkout anytime you want.

• @hellionthesage I understand where your coming from but I live by a different way. I am to find a wife who is faithful just as I am faithful to her.

• @Splintercell I doubt any one whent into a marriage with the belief that they where marrying some one unfaithfull or disloyal. Otherwise why marry at all? Its your choice of course but the fact is most if not all men who suffered as I have mentioned believed as you do at the time. It didn't help.

• Not with the current laws in existence. Currently every law benefits women in divorce proceedings. 80% of all divorces are filed by women, 80% of all alimony and child support is paid for by men. Women get full or partial custody of children over 90% of the time to a mans 46% of the time. Then taking into account that most prenuptial agreements get tossed out (I think its over 75% of them) and that her cheating or filing for divorce does not factor into child support/custody/alimony thus making the man pay for her choices, for her destroying the marital contract, I cannot see a reason to get married. Thats not to say I wouldn't want to, I do, but given the current legal system and its incredible bias its simply to dangerous a situation. Frankly I've seen men who have lost thier children in custody battles, its not pretty and I couldn't bare to experience that so that combined with all of the finacial issues as well, no I don't think I would get married.

• The way I feel right now. SHIT NO!!!

• You seem very nice and all, but I'm already married. Thanks for thinking of me!

• I am married

• You should google my username and you'll understand why i voted "No".
    I've been twice almost married. Thank god it never happened.

Why you ask? Relationships go down when people stop fighting for each other. Knowing that you really have the person makes you fight less. And marriage is the ultimate thing to say "I got him/her".

The most successful long term relationships (20 years and plus) I have seen are from people who were never married. They stay in love.

• I'd like that a lot. If I can meet the right person :)

• Very much so.

• I did at one point... after seeing my parents' marriage and others... as well as having dating experience... I think most women are far too fickle to trust with such a heavy legal commitment.

Not to mention... marriage offers me nothing. Literally. Marriage is a contract anyone can break for any reason at any time, and frequently results in the man having continued responsibility without continued benefits.

Marriage does not offer a guarantee of having a family to go home to... does not mean you will have a steady lover, and from what I've seen, makes women think they don't have to work for you anymore while you must continue to court them. Nah. I think just living together is far smarter than legal marriage. (Assuming your state does not have any common law marriage types.)

• I do. Pun intended.

• No, I don't.

• Yeah, I'd like to get married eventually. But I can't see it happening any time soon. The most I can hope for right now, is finding the girl I will eventually marry, so that we can start getting to know each other, and our relationship can progress before we are old and run out of time.

• No. Marriage provides little to no benefit for me as a man, and all the risk of losing my stuff if a divorce happens. Besides, I'm not monogamous, nor does anyone require a fancy overly expensive ring and a document to declare their love for one another.

• Never cared about marriage, If I wanted something it is to be loved, not just some ring or some social ritual to "prove" your love.

• Not really, but I wouldn't mind if she did.

• with the right girl, yes, but she'd have to be 100% what i want, and i'd have to be 100% what she wants.

• No, it's just paper and a ring. I'd rather have a long, luxurious honeymoon then some fancy party and an expensive ass dress she'll wear one time.

• OMG this is so sudden... I may have to think about this... :v
    Lol kidding but yes I would like to get married to the right person... don't we all?
    Ok, maybe not everyone but most of us lol.

• Yes, I do, but not until I have enough money to support her, since I'm still in graduate school.

But also, I'm not saying all women are evil, but it's fucking difficult to impress women these days unless you look like fucking Spartacus or have a six-digit income.

There's a chance that more of us men will end up staying single forever because of this.

• I want to get married. ✌

• Seems like a waste of money to me, but then again a lot of things seem that way to me

• I guess... I am just trying to be a Doctor of medicine. maybe once I am done my residency I will revisit the issue

• Not the way it is. I think way too many go wrong and it's the man that gets fu***d over.

Of course when I find someone I love I might feel different but right now I don't see it.

• Yes, but I'm hoping my future wife will do away with traditional stuff and propose to me and buy her own damn ring.

• I would love to get married one day. even have a proposal plan! now I just need to meet the right person

• When I was in middleschool I wanted to get married and have kids but after growing up and learning about life sex and money, I'm like fuck that I wanna party, spend quality time with my family/friends, and save up the money I make at work to buy a house

• One day yeah

• no thanks, what does it matter anyway? you dont need to get married nowadays to suffer the consequences of a divorce.

• Yup, but im gonna wait 3 years at least before i do.

• More from Guys
    46

What Girls Said 62

• "i do" :P

• if you'd asked me this a couple of years ago, my answer would have been an emphatic no. for the longest time, i had no intention of ever being married.

now that i've met someone i like enough to keep around long-term, the idea of marrying him doesn't scare me.

• I definitely do in the long run. I am already 34 and not seeing anyone now. I am unsure if I want kids so I am in no hurry. But when I think about it I can picture myself married one day. I was never one to dream about my wedding day or have pretend weddings when I was younger or anything but I can see it.

• Would I like to? Yeah.

But honestly, that's not happening anytime soon.

& Before asking about kids: 2 sons- a set of twins.

• Yes I do. I'm very family oriented and look forward to marrying and starting a family. It'll enrich my life, and make me feel complete. I'll get great satisfaction from caring for my family.

• I don't care at this moment anymore if I did or did not. I've been single so far... so what's another 24 year's plus lol

• It's in the 5 year plan.

• I would quite like to, yes.

• I would like to get I to a committed relationship but if we get the formal paperwork is up to him. I don't want a real wedding ceremony though. I'll do something small for the families if they insist but I would rather use the money for a special event with me and my loved one, or just save it for living everyday life

• Yes, I do! But I could only promise 'until death do we part' to a man I truly loved and had complete trust and faith in.

• No clue.

• In a perfect world, yes. But I would be getting an ironclad pre-nup because ain't nobody touching my money but me. Ever.

• i wanted to, but i feel as if marriage these days is extremely unfair to men. so i guess since so many people are interested in using marriage to line their pockets, i would be happy with a life partner.

• No thank you

• No never been to fond of relationships so marriage is really not my style.

• Yes , anyone who say there's no reason for marriage it's like a deal of break up. Like "hello, I don't trust you I think we will break up after having kids sooner or later, so let's make it easier once I decide to dump ur Ass, let's not get married I don't want real commitment Lets have a word commitment"

• Yeah at 26 would be perfect

• Yes I do.. #lifegoals

• It would be nice. I like commitment and stability.

• Been there, done that. Never again.

• Nah fuck that.

• Never wanted to be married. It's a sham. Always ends in divorce and a bunch of legal bullshit. And don't stay married for the sake of the kids. The kids know you can't stand each other.

• At my age If I had not gotten married I doubt I will ever do much less have kids. Also for that i need to find my equal or closet equal for me and so far I haven't met him yet so I doubt I will ever find my equal match at this time.

• If I find the right person to spend the rest of my life with, then yes.

• Yeah one day.

• Naw, if there isn't a good legal benefit then I don't see the point.

• No i don't.

• I always have and if i find the guy then maybe but as of now it doesn't look like anytime soon. IF marriage even suits me.

• I voted yes , also I'm getting married September 16,2017

• Not really tho is not like I have a choice even if I don't want to it will still happen lol

• More from Girls
    32