GAGERS that do not want to get married what are your reasons for not wanting to get married?

More and more men especially do not want to get married but there is also an increase of women that do not want to get married. So if you do not want to get married why do you not want to?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't want to get married. In all honesty I think all the marriages I've been around in my life has taken a toll on my decision. My parents, my aunts, my grandmas they've all ended the same. They get married so young, have kids early on, and in the end they regret it and want something else. I just don't think its for me among other personal reasons.

• I do not blame you. I also don't ever want to get married. I have actually gone a step further and close my heart to dating and now just keep to myself and socialise with animals. :(

• Following

Most Helpful Guy

• Today's women are just not as awesome as women of yesteryear.

What Girls Said 6

• Hmm I guess because I've seen people treat marriage as just a casual relationship now a days, as if its not a huge step in commitment, because they still cheat, if anything married people cheat even more. Its just a piece of paper in my eyes and i'm not going to have a piece of paper to define my family and what we are. We are a couple, and if we have kids we are a couple with kids, a family etc. there's so much pressure on marriage now a days to work out, Id not want to get married under certain circumstances or feel like I have to prove my love.

• I come from a large family and I love the idea of the family unit. I look forward to getting married because I'm very family oriented. Being married and having a family will make my life complete. I'll enjoy taking care of my family

• I wish you luck. I have personally given up on not just marriage but any form of dating now but I wish the best for you.

• Yes , that's why it's best to try to open your heart back up but just don't give it too easily. Only reserve a place in your heart for someone who deserves it.

• Yeah, I just do not know if I can do that.

• You basically give up your rights and happiness to the whims of another person. I don't mean it's their duty to make you happy - actually the opposite. Too many feel it's your obligation to cater to their every whim and desire, and are miserable creatures if they aren't getting their way. I don't want to give up most of my free time to cook and clean twice as much for that noise.

• I tried really hard to be the traditional good girl type for a few years in my last serious relationship. And it was still

Why don't you wear your hair how I want?
      Why isn't dinner what I hoped for (without asking)?
      We're doing what I say this weekend.
      Put down your book and watch me play video games.
      Don't eat - you might get fat.
      Why do you have to work when I don't want you to?
      I don't care if you're sick, we're going golfing today.

Etc.

• Sounds like you weren't in a very good relationship. Find someone with enough going on in their life that they don't need to micromanage someone else's.

• I don't want to get married because I am incredibly selfish and don't care to share my time with someone else. I'm such a jersey, but at least I know it!

• My parents didn't have a good marriage. And did my aunt. So it kind of put me off on the aspect.

• Everything comes to an end.

The End.

What Guys Said 13

• I want to get married, but I don't know if I can, due to these reasons:-
    1) Socially awkward
    2) No clue about how to approach women, or what they want.
    3) Shitty education which lowers my confidence.
    4) Too emotional and sensitive, so women would probably assume that I'm a pushover.

• I'm too hard to open.
    From where I come, there are few girls who would understand or accept my beliefs. Very hard to find such woman here. Even if I find, it's extremely unlikely that she'd be able to open me.
    I hate the way marriages happen here.

If I find one then I don't have problem in getting married. I'd fine one if I look for one. I don't want any of it now and I don't think I will change this way. So it's not 100% sure that I will never marry but it's extremely unlikely.

Forgot main reason, I'm just too awesome. I don't think none of the girls can handle my awesomeness.

• The only effect marriage has in my opinion is making it possible to get screwed over in divorce. I really dont see any benefit. You love eachother and you want to stay together for the rest of your life. How does not having a piece of paper and not having the same last name make this worth any less.

• I am just so used to going where I want and doing what I want I don't know if I could live now in a situation where I had to take someone else into consideration in almost everything I did.

It has gotten now so that even when I visit friends or family for a few days I feel suffocated by not feeling I can go do whatever on a whim.

• I feel I'm an individual incapable of having a relationship. I don't think I can open up that much. I need a certain level of independence.

• Me. I just figured it's not for me and I won't be ready for marriage ever and it's not even known if I can get a bride.

• It means nothing but legal docs and I don't mix business and pleasure.

Also if she wanted w fake marriage I'd do that but nothing I sign

• Most marriages end in divorce. Divorce equals half of my thing/assets gone. Better to not get married and keep my things.

• I'm the opposite actually, I look forward to getting married eventually.

• I am a bit shocked to be honest. Sorry I am not trying to be rude.

• Well, like I said good luck. I guess I just do not trust women anymore. They have done everything to me to prove they can't be trusted.

• Fair enough.

• I want to get married! 😊

• Why? out of interest.

• Sorry what do you mean by it shouldn't be? That people should not abuse you?

• Yes people shouldn't abuse you

• I don't see a point in marriage. You waste thousands of dollars on a dumb ceremony to celebrate signing a piece of paper that isn't even worth anything. Why not just have a relationship and end it there?

• to be marrige is just another form of an irrelivent contract between people in this day and age if people want to get married fine but i dont feel the need to get married to have a long happy relationship

• Cheating infidelity and manipulation