How many men would seriously like this type of fiance? She doesn't want a diamond engagement ring?

I'm not in a relationship and I'm definitely not getting married. But I did mention many times I HATE jewelry. I find it uncomfortable and annoying and I lose things I don't care about very easily.
And I'm kinda against jewelry especially diamond mining.
Engagement rings are marketing scams regardless, see Adam Ruins Everything.

Material things I find hard to care about or bring sentimental value sometimes.

I also don't like rings especially or watches or bracelets because it only goes on one hand, one arm, one finger etc. I can tolerate earrings for the simple fact they go on both ears usually.
But rings? Only on one finger and then my other finger is left cold lol I don't have ocd, but I do prefer to be as "even" and symmetrical as possible.

So my question is, how many men would truly be ok with his fiance not wanting a ring or jewelry? No wedding band either, unless you're planning to get 2, which is pointless as the 1 is unnecessary in my opinion.
Let's use that money instead for a down payment on an apartment or house even. Or, let's donate it to charity. I don't need a flashy bling bling ring, but there are animal shelters, homeless shelters, kids orphanages that can use extra help.

My guy friend said he wouldn't like it as an engagement ring is kinda like marking his territory. Surprisingly many guys feel that she wants to "appear single", I'm like no. Wtf. I've always hated jewelry and I never wear it.

Pros:
-you don't have to buy her a ridiculously expensive and unnecessary ring (what even happens to them after y'all are no longer fiance And actually married?)
-she doesn't have to worry about losing it.

Cons:
-she'll still "appear single", I can guarantee you though, guys will hit even on married women. So if you think that a stupid ring will stop a man or woman from getting hit on, you're sadly mistaken.

This is the only ring I'd consider and even then, don't want it.

• No, I wouldn't marry someone like that. She needs to accept my jewelry! I'm marking my territory!
  • Yes, I'd love that honestly. Jewelry is pointless in my opinion too.

Most Helpful Guy

• To be completely honest, I've hated the idea of rings and jewellery HAVING to representing love and marriage. But because 99% of the girls I've been with see it as being official, I gave in. Most diamonds come from blood mines dug by children. Yet most women see it as bs. And your right. There are women who are fateful without a ring. And there's married women who bang strangers.

What Guys Said 25

• That's awesome! My wife hates jewelry too. Instead of an engagement ring, we got her eyes laser corrected.

• See, I could go for that. My left eye would need that lol

• I always kinda thought spending big money on jewelry was a waste. Would you rather have a stone on your finger, or be able to see without needing glasses?

• The latter definitely

• It won't matter to me, but I would still like to have something to signify our bond. How about something like this instead?
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...70309e14cb.jpg

• I thought about tattoos but I don't really like tattoos lol

• That's ok, this "wedding ring" tradition was started by the ancient romans because they believed the ring finger contained a vein directly linked to the heart. All I would want in marriage is unconditional love and devotion towards each other. But you're right I'd rather save the money for a rainy day or a better honeymoon. Lol

• That ring is awesome, and it would be even cooler if it had 4 different badges on each side of it.

I'd be fine with her not wanting a ring. I couldn't wear a ring, anyway. I dislike anything besides soft clothing touching my skin, and even then I'd be more comfortable naked most of the time.

Also, an obsessive-compulsive personality means that a ring is never positioned "just right" on my finger. I'd constantly be fiddling with it, moving it one way or the other. A completely smooth band would be less annoying, but still not ideal.

• What about a small tattoo of a heart on your ring finger?

But yeah as a single guy I look for rings. If she's got one it's a no go... ok maybe not I'll still approach her 😂

• Believe it or not (!!!) I agree with you. I'd be totally cool with a girl who felt that way about jewelry. I don't like wearing any metal stuff on me either. My wristwatch has a leather band. And the whole idea of blowing upward of a thousand bucks on a ring when, like you say, that could go toward something more practical is really sensible. And as far as marking my territory on a girl, we could always do water sports in the shower or I could just cum on her face. (Okay, that part was supposed to be funny.) But for real, if I only felt like I could trust her being out in the world if she had a ring on, maybe I couldn't really trust her at all.

• Personally, I find the symbolism of a ring powerful and meaningful. Plus it is a cultural symbol that is understood across the world which means you are expresting to the world that you are dedicated to another. Gawdy diamonds actually disgust me, it is almost like someone is trying to buy someone's love or inflate ego. A well designed symbolic ring or necklace/amulet is more meaningful to me. Having no symbol of any personal kind seems awkward to me. I feel there should be someway my partner or myself should express our bond to the world if not by rings then some in else.

• I'd think that's awesome. I have a problem where I tend to misplace my wedding ring all the time, so one thing I was thinking about doing was getting it tattooed on my ring finger. My wife's not so into the idea but I would love doing that instead of trying to remember where I put my ring all the time. I don't find jewelry so comfortable to either, especially when doing outdoor activities.

• B of course, you are who you are and people have to love you for it :D

• Would you accept a necklace instead? Like you could treat it as something you only wear when going out to a higher-end event.

While it wouldn't be marking territory, it would feel quite strange. Like, i consider an apartment or car etc. to be a necessity and a gift to be something that you don't 'need' but would have as something to remember me by and to pass on to our grandaughters

• I don't like necklaces either :/

It dangles and gets stuck in my hair. I simply hate cold metal things on me lol

• lol fair enough, im a little more brainwashed i guess. I'd also probs find it difficult to marry a girl who doesn't have a sentimental side at least some of the time.

• It's not that I'm not sentimental, it's that I don't grow much attachment to objects.

Keep in mind that I had to move so much. It wasn't uncommon for me to just leave everything I had behind and get new things.

• I'm not a big jewelry person. I especially don't like rings and that's because I'm a drummer. When I play, the drumstick puts pressure on my skin and ring and causes a bunch of pinching.

• as long as she rode my face often, i would be content

• I honestly do not care. Ring or no is so menial.

• I would want my fiancĂ© to be just like this.

• I want a spiritual wedding similar to the one's the rest of the Cosmos have. No money and no wasting resources. Just the blissful union of two souls.

Until the monetary system of this planet, human greed and violence are extinguished, most benevolent sentient beings refuse to enter this planet.

These false weddings I see on Planet Earth are just extravagant and shallow. There is a spiritual union for each wedding, but the spiritual aspect is mostly ignored for intentional gaudiness instead. People are getting married for the wrong reasons.

Most people don't really know why they wear these ridiculous ornaments but let's just say they are emulating traditions passed down from pompous extraterrestrials pretending to be gods who were not supposed to create humanity in the first place!

• Boyos when a woman says something you do the complete opposite. This kind of chick wants the biggest diamond ring there is.

• You're an idiot

• Only idiots see and say truth, sometimes ;)

And when people reply with insults, it's because a nerve has been struck deep in their ego.

• @ravel_six um, you can go ahead and talk all you want, but I've had a foul mouth since I was born. Idiot. My first word was bitch

• It wouldn't bother me if she didn't like the things you mentioned. Also I wouldn't get jealous of you not wanting to wear a ring.. I suggest you keep looking you will find the guy of your dreams who understands and excerpts your feeling of jewelry

• So you want a woman who wants a ring?

• Presently my wife likes and wears them. It wouldn't matter if she did or did not like to wear them it's her choose as it is also yours

• I personally hate jewelry. To me, the gold should be used in electronics and not jewelry.

• honestly i would not care either way

• I voted no solely for the reason that when I meet a girl and marry her, my desire is to buy her a amazing ring that will signify a promise to love and be loyal and cherish her forever. It doesn't have to me a grand diamond ring but any kind of ring. Stone or not. Necklace or bracelet. I always have dreamed of that.

• Id get you the pokemon one since its cool and I know how much you like pokemon!

I agree with you since i'm pretty conservative myself, its just a tradition doesn't mean you have to do it that money could go towards something else better if you dont like jewelry.

• Some is ok, but to expect as formality is stupid, that to me means she is a gold digger.

• Yes I actually do Madame. :P.

• Most likely every guy.

• I hate engagement rings. I only recently learned it's not even the same thing as the wedding ring which kind of makes it pointless in my eyes.

Might as well spend that money so the two of you can go on a super kickass vacation since engagement rings seriously cost the same amount of a pretty nice vacation.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 10

• I'm very similar to you in that respect. I find girls and guys who walk around rocking engagement rings like this:
    cdn-01.independent.ie/.../125596911.jpg
    to be tacky af. It's like they're trying to validate their 'love for each other' to everyone else based off of the size of the rock more than realize and appreciate what it symbolizes.

I'm okay with exchanging rings when I get engaged, but I'd be more than happy with the kind where the rock is like.. barely visible. It doesn't even need to have a rock, for all I care.

• You don't need rings to have a successful marriage. My parents have been married for almost 30 years with no engagement ring and no wedding bands. There's probably more guys than you think out there who would be okay with no rings.

As for what happens to the engagement ring after you get married - you keep wearing it, just along with a wedding band. That's what I do.

• Really? Huh. I just thought the engagement ring was put away lol I learned something.

And congratulations to your parents! That's impressive! :O

• I enjoy jewelry, but I wouldn't expect my partner to wear it if he/she wasn't interested in it. There are other options, like tattooed "wedding rings" that can be really cute. But honestly, there isn't much point in them other than making it clear that you aren't available. You could always just say it, you don't need jewelry to do it for you.

• That does look awesome but I wouldn't want any kind of ring. I would be terrified of losing it, breaking, or forgetting to wear it. I'm not good with expensive stuff like that.

• Me too. I have lost every piece if jewelry I bought.

• Lol that's definitely me.
      I do like that ring but I don't want it either.

I'm not a fan of jewelry

• @toad-1 Would you buy your future wifey that? I shot gun being bridesmaid! SHOT GUN! pajeow pajeowww

• I personally don't really want a ring. It's just an unnecessary expense to me.

• I just view jewelry as shiny pebbles :)

• c'mon !

• For the first answer, you are his wife, not his territory. He should trust you enough that you will not cheat, letting others know your married if they hit on you. For the second answer, wouldn't you expect men to like the idea of not spending money on a ring?

• You are so right! Why do we waste money on dumb sht like that bc of traditions and stuff? People ARE starving out there and could use that extra money to help them 😊 You could save them or buy a dumb azs ring? I'm with you on this.