Women, is a man who doesn't want to get married a deal breaker to you?

I don't believe in the institute of marriage and I will not entertain the idea of marriage. Would this turn you off a man?

• Yes
  • No
I apologise for my pidgin English - terrible, terrible abuse of the English language, the question doesn't even make sense.

Most Helpful Girl

• General yes it would, because the goal of dating/courting is finding a suitable marriage partner, not fool around. It is a complete waste and will cause problems during the dating stage. Not worth the heartbreak, especially if it's a sexual relationship. That is deception and actually considered fraud, because you aren't being honest about your real intentions for dating or being with that woman in the first place. Nobody wants baggage they don't need.

• I always make it known that I am against marriage in the getting to know each other stage. I would never enter a relationship without declaring my disdain for the institute of marriage.

• Idid wonder if u have suceededin dating. Cause if u date a girl and u share things in common and get along well wha will happen then if that happens?

• @kitty71 I haven't succeeded largely in part due to me not really wanting a relationship, I haven't had a relationship for nearly a decade though I will admit to have coming close on a few occasions with women I did like but generally I am content and happy on my own. Something which was unfathomable in 2009, how times change.

If I meet a woman, get into a relationship then it will be under the clear understanding that marriage is not on the cards and never will be on the cards.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it is

What Girls Said 34

• No, I'm right there with you on that. I don't think marriage and a legal arrangement forcing me into a relationship I may not want to remain in, sounds appealing to me.

• Nope. I have always thought marriage was something I don't want as I never cared for the process.

Now a days I don't care for relationships either.

• well, until i met the guy i'm with now, i had no intention of ever being married. in fact, if a guy had tried to push me into marrying him, it would have been a deal-breaker.

i dated with long-term commitments in mind, though marriage is/was not a requirement (now, it's just something we both want to do).

• Yes. I would rather get married to the person I love.

• Well, since I want to get married, yes, that would be a deal breaker for me. I wouldn't shame someone who doesn't want to marry, but I wouldn't want to date them either since we would be incompatible and want different things.

• You be incompatible because he won't give you the key to get access to his resources lol

• I didn't start this topic as a means for bitter and jaded men to air their vitriol against fellow female users.

Marriage is important to many women and many men for that matter and while I respect that I do not agree with it, but there's no need to get nasty here.

• @Asker Exactly, and I fully respect your opinion as well. I understand that not everyone wants to marry and there's nothing wrong with that. That's why finding someone with similar values is important and why I mentioned compatibility. And yes, there's no reason to put others down for their individual choice to get married or not.

• It definitely would me. While I respect his choice to not, I would feel like I was just wasting my time.

• No? Why do you need a ceremony a dress you'll wear once and a bunch of drunk people trying to make clever puns to celebrate a piece of paper? I think weddings are retarded. I think the whole concept of it's the brides special day is retarded. I don't NEED to get married. And, I think people who get married are stupid. Most marriages end in divorce. Congratulations on your future divorces. I cannot be polite or sympathetic on this matter.

• It would be because we wouldn't share the same future goals. Personally, I believe in having kids within a marriage, not outside.

• If he also doesn't want to have kids... then yes now it would be a deal-breaker as well too.

• yea its a deal breaker... to me it will mean that he's playing around and have no interest in really committing himself with me
    i wouldn't waste my time with him

• Just for clarification (note: I am not saying you aren't necessarily wrong in your general assessment) I am not someone who equates marriage with commitment. I believe a man can commitment to woman and vice versa without a marriage certificate and a fancy do. I respect your opinion though.

• Not really. At least these days. Marriage is literally a 50/50 chance these days.

• @Fearless_banana 3 days for wut?

• Yes. I really want to say no... but I'm 99% sure, in the end, it would be.

• Yes. He's a waste of time.

• Eh, not necessarily. I don't know what my plans are as far as starting a family goes in the future, but if I wanted to have children, I would like to be married first.
    Other than that, it doesn't really matter to me at all.

• It's kind of pointless to be in a relationship with someone if it isn't forever in my opinion.

• There's no such thing as forever, everything has a life cycle and nothing is infinite.

• You have a point, I think I'm just a commitment-phobe. The thought of being tied to another person makes me picture a bird in a cage.

• It's not for everyone.

• Nah. As long as we were engaged. I'd be happy with that.

• Why would i want to be with someone who doesn't want to make anything official. It's like someone sleeping around with a guy and just doing acts that two couples would portray in a relationship and the guy doesn't want to make it official.

• Yes, because I want to get married someday. I don't care if you as a person don't want to and can respect that. But as a boyfriend, I wouldn't see a future with you since I believe in marriage.

• I wouldn't be with someone who didn't want marriage but I think there's a lot of girls with the same mindset as you

• No, because I don't think I want to get married either.

• Not sure if a deal-breaker, but it's definitely a bummer. I wouldn't turn down my dream man just because of this reason though.

• Marriage is a christian thing anyways. The only reason I want to get married is the dress, the emotion, having all of your friends and family see that and the gigantic party. But you can do the same by just being partners.

• Yes it would be for me.

• I wouldn't be with someone who didn't want marriage

• depends where we live

• Say.. Syria.

• @Toad-1 hahaha :P
      I did did I? ;)

• I see what you mean, yes in that case it's a good idea to get married. I live in a socially progressive country, so that's the difference.

• Yes it is a deal breaker

• to make it easier to exit a la johnny depp and his former partner that french lady?

• HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE
    DEAL BREAKER

• No
    As long as we are ok with each other then it's okay

• Yes because I wanna get married someday💍

• Yes, because I want to get married, and I want to be with a man who wants that too.

• Only for those girls who look relationship as a forever thing.

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 6

• I'd like to eventually get married but I can understand why a lot of men don't. Literally a 50/50 chance.

• What's the effin point if he doesn't want marriage

• right? ahahah

• @Afrochick You both raise a valid point but my own opinion is a relationship can be serious, can have lots of love and commitment without the need of marriage. Marriage is only for financial security and usually benefits the woman more than the man in our unequal society.

• Yes.

• Man , women now don't like to be married
    They wanna be fucked without commitment

• lol @ any man who gets married.

• It depends on the woman's age if she's 29 its a deal breaker. Most women 16-25 will take a chance that you will change your mind. My ex the same age as myself was pissed that I wouldn't marry and settle down with her and she left me for another guy. That guy dumped her after cheating on her with her best friend. She was looking sad at my wedding last year when I married my 18 year old sweetheart and of course I tried to console her with kind words but she just got drunk and made a foll of herself which was sad.

• A woman is misguided if she believes she can change my mind.

Margaret Thatcher once said "you turn if you want to, but the lady is not for turning" and while I dislike Mrs Thatcher's political views, I do love this quotation she gave in the House of Commons.

• I liked when thr IRA mortar bombed her