Do girls still plan their wedding when they're young?

When I was little, my sisters and I planned out our dream weddings and it was so much fun. I feel like it's more stressful to think about now but maybe that's because I'm older lol.

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are indoctrinated into thinking that marriage is essential, so I would think it is common

• Lots of girls commenting stated they don't think they'll get married though or they don't want to. But I'm sure most still hope for that. Men to some degree also are indoctrinated. I mean they are the ones that propose after all.

• You'll understand someday. Men need women just as much as women need men. Especially when kids are involved. I don't have kids yet, but my husband has a business and he realized how much he needed me to be a part of it. Like I said, even if you plan on not marrying it's not that simple. You'd be sharing things such as bank accounts and assets eventually. That's how it should be at least. Guess what needs to be done when you decide to break up... paperwork.

• Oh I'm definitely not sharing my bank account.

Although sharing assets is inevitable.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes all girls do. Now that we are older, we know that having a wedding wouldn't be easy, and it will take a lot of time to make it happen. That is why its stressful. I used to plan them with my husband when we were still dating, but it didn't even go as planned. It went totally the opposite, not something i wanted.

• i never did

• I feel like a lot of them don't go as planned once we realize the cost :(. It's been 1 year for me and I still have regrets on our guest list.

• That's the difficult part. I think we had to do A list and B list. Can't please everyone.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 24

• I never planned my wedding out when I was younger. I had three months to plan my wedding. It was fine.

• Girl I would've gone crazy with 3 months lol. I started freaking out a month after he proposed because he wouldn't help me plan. I kept telling him most venues book a year in advance since we live in a big city. I was nuts lol.

• Yeah I used to think about it all the time. Now I'd like a really small wedding that isn't expensive.

• We went this route too.

• How was it? I was thinking it would be all the more special with a select group of people instead of a large amount of guests. Also, did it save on money better?

• The most difficult part was the guest list. The number of people add up quickly. We had just under 100 and I still regret not inviting some family and wish I didn't invite others. We got very lucky with the costs because we had several friends who volunteered to provide their services (dj, photographer, and cake was all free) we cut as much cost as possible and it was around $8,000. We pretty much got it paid for with all the presents we got so I'd say that it was very much worth it.

• I still did and do

• I never did that. i dont think its still or no longer. i think it just depends on the person i never found it entertaining. just seemed really boring with a lot of uncomfortable clothing.

• I'm 15 going on 16 in two weeks and recently I've been obsessing and "planning" my future wedding. It's like I don't even know what's gotten into me lately.

• I never did. Never thought I would get married or have kids. Never really planned out my wedding. Wedding was mostly for the families and relatives. If I were to do it again, I prob. would do it very differently.

• That's not something that preoccupied my mind when I was younger.

• I've never planned my wedding. I was too busy playing video games with my brother lol. I'm sure if I do get married it'll be a disaster lmao.

• No way! Just hire a planner lol! You can do all sorts of fun stuff now though. My husband got a mine craft themed grooms cake and I was so jealous. Was tempted to make mine princess peach or something like that.

• Well I don't know what younger girls do now but when I wa younger I never did that, I always knew I wanted to get married and stuff but I was never interested in the whole "planning the dream wedding" thing myself.

• I've been thinking about marriage and kids since I was a kid lmfao. But now that I'm getting closer to having to get married I'm actually starting to push away from the idea ugh.

• I didn't. I still haven't. I intend to have the cheapest wedding with the most presents. It's just a glorified party. Saying that, I have picked out my wedding dress, but I found it online by accident.

• I didn't. It's the parents who usually dreams of throwing a big wedding for their children. :p

• Not this one. I doubt I'll ever get married, but if it happens it'll be a private wedding.

• I planned my wedding when I was little and I still do ;P

• When I was little yeah I was thinking what dress I will wear and etc. But now I don't have any intention to get married in the future.

• I plan my wedding all the time. I even have a dress picked out! Crazy right? Of course over time, I going to change my mind about some things and I might even want to get married in the future, but now is the present and the present is now.

• I'm 16. I don't know if your speaking about girls my age, but when I was younger I picked out my wedding dress. I didn't go much further into it. I still have the wedding dress saved.

• I never did.

• No, because I have zero intention of ever getting married.

• yeah some still do

• I still plan my wedding , lol. I can't get wait to get married 😍😍

• I didn't. Girls aren't all the same, you'll get some that do and some that don't

• I've never had the desire for a wedding so no I've never done that.

• Yes it's just fun to think about :)