Is marriage a good idea?

What are your thoughts on marriage in the United States of America and why do women love it and men hate it?(under my observations)

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't see any benefits of marriage for men. Men, generally, have to risk everything in the marriage.

What Girls Said 7

• A few people I know won't get married because they fear it won't work out , because a lot of marriages seem to fail.

It's easier to walk away from a relationship than it is a marriage. It can take years of legal procedures and red tape before its finally over. So it takes a lot longer for a person to be able to move on and rebuild this life

• I definitely want to get married to the love of my life one day and have a biggg family of like 5 kids haha. Some people dont want to get married and thats cool too. Depends on the individual. I personally was taught growing up that family is very important and I just want to stick to that and continue on the cycle:)

• Of course it is. The reason divorce rates are so high in this country is that everyone's first instinct when the going gets tough is to get a divorce. You have to work on your marriage. I'm glad I haven't grown cynical about it because my parents have a beautiful marriage.

• I like the idea of marriage because of religious reason.

• It's a commitment to someone you love, to share life, with both its joys & its tribulations.

I've only been married a little over a month, so I am admittedly new to it.

• Women love it? I honestly know a hand full of women who want to be married and most are religious.

• Do you love her? Then that´s the best idea!!

What Guys Said 4

• men don't hate it. some men and some women hate marriage. some men and women are in favor of it.

i think it's a good thing personally, or at least a harmless thing... but that's my personal opinion

• Well tell you why... At the end of it in America... Women get half, Guys get broke... LMAO... It's that simple..
    In a stand-up comedy Eddie Murphy said:
    "Women these days are like a lease... You send all your money on things you wouldn't spend it on but you don't own them... When you marry then there's an argument there... But be careful... Relationships depreciate and you loose half on the trade in!"...
    LOL... Obviously that's way sexist and it's just humor.. But you get the picture

• I am happily married.

• It's great for the people who want it, I guess. But I don't, so I never will.